Hemp seed oil has been found to have many benefits for the skin and health benefits. It's important to remember that hemp oil and hemp seed oil are not the same thing. Let's delve deeper on the benefits of hemp seed oil for acne.
CBD Hemp Oil
Hemp oil, also known as (Hemp CBD oil) is derived from the stalks, flowers, and leaves of the cannabis plant. CBD (Cannabidiol) oil is high in CBD and cannabinoids, which are the natural compounds found in the cannabis plant. These cannabinoids, such as terpenes, phytonutrients, and more, have been found to help relieve anxiety, depression, inflammation, epilepsy, and more.
Hemp Seed Oil
Again, cbd hemp oil and hemp seed oil are two different things. Hemp seed oil is cold-pressed from hemp seeds. Hemp oil contains very low levels of CBD, around 25 parts per million . It is safe to consume, as it is very nutritious, and it can be used as a substitute for olive oil, as well as be put to use for all sort of cosmetic purposes.
Note: Another things that bears mentioning is that hemp seed oil and CBD hemp oil are not to be confused with essential oil. This essential oil is very rare and is made from the steam distillation of the leaves and flowers. It contains zero THC or CBD and is used for aromatherapy purposes.
Hemp Seed Oil Nutrition Facts
- Hemp seed oil boasts a comedogenic rating of 0, meaning it is great for oily and ance-prone skin.
- Although recommended for oily, combination, and normal skin, hemp seed oil works great on all skin types. Those with dry skin can always use it in conjunction with other thicker oils.
- Since it is low in oleic acid and high in linoleoc acid, another reason it is perfect for acne-prone and/or oily skin.
- It contains a low amount of GLA (Gamma-Linoleic Acid). GLA gives hemp seed oil's anti-inflammatory properties a boost. For this reason, people suffering from skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis can benefit greatly from using this oil.
- The phytosterols in hemp seed oil support collagen production, meaning it keeps skin rejuvenated and youthful.
- Hemp seed oil also contains Vitamin E, which protects the skin for environmental elements, keeping it hydrated and healthy.
Hemp Seed Oil for Acne Prone Skin
With all of it's antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and emollient properties, there are many reasons to implement hemp seed oil into your skin care routine.
In addition to all of these nutritional components, the oil is filled with naturally occurring Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids, which ensure your skin's elasticity and youthfullness.
Let's go into a bit more detail on the specifics of you might want to use hemp seed oil for acne purposes.
The presence of antioxidants in hemp seed oil defends against oxidative stress, which damages skin cells.
The light and airy nature of hemp seed oil allows for it to be both seriously mouisturizing and protecting, while also not clogging pores. Both normal to combination skin users have praised hemp seed's oil ability to keep skin smooth, but not greasy or stiff.
Hemp seed oil is classified as a dry oil, meaning it is absorbed faster and is thin in texture. It is also an astringent and non-comedogenic, so it will tighten and firm skin without drying or clogging up pores. This is what makes it so ideal for dry skin and every other skin type. The linoleic acid within hemp seed oil regulates sebum production in the skin, which can cause acne.
The astringent properties of hemp seed oil allows it to minimize large pores that are over-producing sebum and causing acne. This tightening process works with the vitamin e and other natural moisturizers in the oil to keep skin smooth, soft, and less sensitive.
5. Natural Treatment for Skin Conditions:
Hemp seed oil is widely used for various skin complications such as dermatitis, psoriasis, and eczema. It is said to alleviate inflammation, pain, and discoloration/dryness.
6. Can be used for other mild skin problems:
Aside from it's popular use as an acne fighter, hemp seed oil is commonly used by mom's to help fade stretch makes. Plus, it can be used to reduce the appearance of varicose veins and other mild aesthetic skin afflictions.