We've received a fair amount of emails asking if gold bond lotion for crepey skin is an effective treatment. Crepey Skin can seem like a unfixable skin issue, so any cream that can get rid of this condition seems like a Godsend.
Before I go on, let me answer the question of “does it work to reduce crepey skin”?
The answer appears to be a resounding “YES”.
- STENGTH & RESILIENCE: Specially formulated for aging & mature skin, this lotion features a blend of 7 plumping moisturizers & 3 vitamins plus vital proteins & lipids to help replenish moisture.
- LONG LASTING MOISTURIZATION: This lotion offers 24-hour moisturization. It's dermatologist tested, hypoallergenic & non-comedogenic. Our quick-absorbing formula is non-greasy with fresh clean scent.
- ULTIMATE FORMULA: Our Ultimate line offers a variety of specialized lotions & creams specifically formulated for your skin care needs, with 7 moisturizers & 3 vitamins plus special ingredients.
- HEALING SINCE 1908: For over a century Gold Bond products have provided soothing relief to the whole family, from baby's first bath & powder, to eczema or psoriasis relief, to lotion for dry skin.
- GOLD BOND QUALITY: In addition to our top-selling medicated body powder, foot powder & foot cream, Gold Bond offers skin care products to moisturize, soften & protect your hands, feet, face & body.
There are hundreds of testimonials of people trying to correct their crepey skin with Gold Bond and the results are spectacular. Unfortunately many people have tried multiple “crepey skin” creams before finding one that works for them, you can see this in the review of the cream, make state that they have tried 2 or 3 brands before finding Gold Bond lotion which ended up working for them.
So the question is why does it work?
At it's low price point the Gold Bond lotions packs quite a punch. It packs in seven moisturizers, ceramides and a several antioxidants. There are palmitoyl oligopeptide, ubiquinone (aka CoQ10) and rice proteins.
Niacinamide, as well as vitamins A, C and E complete this powerhouse lotion, overall making it a strong contender, especially at it's price point.
If you are looking for a value-packed buy, that has worked for many, many people, this one should be on your list.
Well, let's take a look at the ingredients:
Water, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Jojoba Esters, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Stearate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methyl Gluceth-20, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Shea Butter Extract – Butyrospermum Parkii, Ubiquinone, Ceramide 2, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Niacinamide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Polysorbate 60, Stearamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Steareth-21, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, EDTA, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tribehenin, Potassium Hydroxide
There are a few ingredients that have fallen out of favor due to their potential adverse health effects, namely parabens, diazolidynyl urea and petrolatum a petrol chemical.
Many countries do not allow some of these ingredients in their skin care products, but no such laws exist in the US.
Strong, inexpensive and proven to work, this is a go-to for many people looking to get rid of their crepey skin. The addition of a few questionable chemicals makes this not our #1 product, but a solid contender for the lead.