From soaps to creams, there are plenty of topical treatments for eczema that are available to you. These treatments provide relief from inflammation, rashes, itching and weeping skin.
If you suffer from eczema, you know how unpredictable it can be. One day, your skin is clear. All of a sudden, your skin is breaking out in rashes.
While you work with your primary physician or dermatologist to determine the root cause, you can get relief from Eucerin lotion for eczema. Ready to learn more about this popular skin care treatment? Here are a few things you should know about Eucerin lotion for eczema.
As a disclaimer, while we do our best to make sure all info is accurate, check with your healthcare provider before attempting any new treatment.
What is Eucerin Lotion for Eczema?
Eucerin lotion is a tried and true remedy that has been used for more than a century. Each year, millions of people use this treatment for temporary relief from rashes and scratchy skin. Active ingredients in this topical eczema treatment include:
- Colloidal Oatmeal
- Citric Acid
- Lanolin Alcohol
- Cetyl Alcohol
Colloidal oatmeal is a key ingredient in Eucerin lotion for eczema. It is an emollient that softens skin and soothes irritation.
Important Information About Eucerin Lotion for Eczema
The good news is this eczema treatment doesn't contain dyes or fragrances. It is high on the list of eczema treatments that are recommended by dermatologists.
Be advised that Eucerin lotion contains chemicals. Depending on your skin type, you may be allergic to Eucerin lotion. The following ingredients may cause allergic reactions.
1. Ceresin is a paraffin wax. This chemical can cause allergic reactions for some people with skin sensitivities.
2. Phenoxyethenol is a preservative. This inorganic chemical can cause respiratory problems and skin irritations.
3. Mineral Oil can clog your pores. This substance may contribute to acne and black heads.
Fast Facts About Eucerin Lotion
As evidenced by clinical trials, Eucerin provides immediate relief for skin that is prone to eczema. Here are a few facts you should know about Eucerin.
- It provides hydration for up to 24 hours.
- Babies, children and adults can safely use Eucerin.
- It is a recommended treatment for babies who are at least 3 months old.
- It doesn't contain steroids.
When applying chemicals to your skin, you should always take precautions. Here are some safety tips for you to consider when using Eucerin.
- Keep it away from your mouth and eyes.
- Store Eucerin in a cabinet away from children.
- Consult with your doctor before using it.
Eczema flare-ups and dry skin don't have to control your life. Eucerin lotion can provide relief when you need it.