Thyroid nodules affect around 4-7% of US adults. As such, they are considered to be a relatively common condition. The majority of thyroid nodules are completely benign. However, in some cases they may be an early sign of impending thyroid cancer.
While it’s true that there are no indisputable scientific facts that show essential oils effectively treating thyroid nodules, essential oils have amazing benefits that can assist you in managing this, and other, disorders of the thyroid.
In this article, we’ll show you the best essential oils for thyroid nodules that you can start using right away.
Essential Oils for Thyroid Nodules that You Can Use
#1 Lemongrass Oil
Lemongrass has strong anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties that help slow down or stop the growth of what are known as cytokines. These are what cause inflammation and increase the risk of thyroid disorders and even cancer.
Lemongrass oil has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties that can mitigate the growth of cytokines that promote inflammation. There is some evidence that the use of lemongrass oil can help slow down cancer cell growth.
Lemongrass also works to help digestive issues, alleviate painful headaches and reduce shaking of the fingers and hands, which is a symptom of hyperthyroidism.
Additional benefits include a feeling of relaxation and calm, higher mental acuity, and fewer feelings of depression.
To treat thyroid nodules, diffuse lemongrass into the air, or dilute it with a carrier oil and rub directly into your neck.
Editor’s Pick for Lemongrass Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Lemongrass Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Lemongrass essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Lemongrass oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Lemongrass products.
#2 Frankincense Oil
Frankincense is probably the most potent oil for boosting the function of your immune system. It also has incredible anti-inflammatory properties.
This oil contains high levels of boswellic acids. These acids help stop cells from over-activating. When cells over-activate it often causes autoimmune diseases and inflammatory responses.
Regular use of Frankincense by diffusing it in the air will help to restore the balance of your thyroid. It also helps manage and treat inflammatory bowel disease, Grave’s disease, skin conditions, diabetes, cancer and asthma.
This is definitely one essential oil that you’ll want to use on a regular basis.
Editor’s Pick for Frankincense Essential Oil:
- 100% PURE & NATURAL FRANKINCENSE OIL- Handcraft Blends oils are exactly that!! Many oils being sold online make that claim but are in fact made of natural isolates and mixtures. Each essential oil is tested by an independent lab for its constituents which is why every bottle comes with a Quality Guaranty.
- PREMIUM THERAPEUTIC GRADE & PREMIUM QUALITY – All Handcraft Blends Essential Oils are tested by an independent lab to test the efficacy of each oil. Each oil is tested for its constituents as well as to have no fillers, additives and to be undiluted.
- HIGH QUALITY GLASS BOTTLE W/ PREMIUM GLASS DROPPER - Our Frankincense Essential Oil comes in an amber glass bottle to keep out UV rays and protect the oil against sunlight. We also provide a Glass Dropper so you can get the exact amount of oil you need without any waste.
#3 Marjoram Oil
The get the best possible benefits out of marjoram essential oil, you’ll want to mix it with Linalool, cymene and acetate.
Marjoram is one of the absolute best oils when you’re looking to restore your hormonal balance. This is especially true for women. Marjoram also works wonders to help correct painful or irregular menstruation cycles.
When your hormones are out of balance, there’s a good chance that you’ll end up with digestive problems. By diffusing marjoram into the air, or breathing it in out of the bottle, you’ll instantly activate the salivary gland. This, in turn, immediately stimulates your gastrointestinal system.
Marjoram also works wonders as a natural laxative and will relieve bouts of constipation, which is a common symptom in people suffering from hypothyroidism. To use marjoram as a laxative, dilute one drop of the oil into a full glass of water and drink. It won’t taste the greatest, but it’ll be effective.
Editor’s Pick for Marjoram Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Sweet Marjoram Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Sweet Marjoram essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Sweet Marjoram oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Sweet Marjoram products.
Effective Essential Oils for Thyroid Nodules Use these three essential oils for thyroid nodules in conjunction with each other. They will help with the symptoms and lead you to an overall more balanced system.