When it’s time to focus on studying it’s easy to get distracted, restless, tired or completely lose your train of thought. This can be highly frustrating because the studying needs to get done. But it can’t get done effectively with sheer willpower alone.
What essential oils for studying will help you have a longer, more productive study session?
There are several you should try out. Let’s take a look.
Best Essential Oils for Studying and Concentration
#1 Vetiver Oil
Vetiver is an oil native to India. It’s been used for millennia to treat a myriad of afflictions that will be covered in future articles. It’s sometimes referred to as “The Sacred Herb” or “The Oil of Tranquility.” It’s well known for having soothing, uplifting, and even healing properties.
Vetiver helps improve study focus because it’s stabilizing, calming and mentally grounding.
In a study done in 2001, Vetiver was shown to be the most effective essential oil for children suffering from ADHD. However, this was a small study and doesn’t appear to be published or peer-reviewed.
Try diffusing the oil while you study and see what impact it has on your session.
Editor’s Pick for Vetiver Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Vetiver Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Vetiver essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Vetiver oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Vetiver products.
#2 Rosemary Oil
This oil has a camphorous, sharp aroma. It lands at number two on the list that can help with your attention span and focus during a long study session.
A study published in 2003 showed that Rosemary can even help enhance mood and memory. A memory boost will definitely make studying pay off when test time arrives.
Try inhaling rosemary oil from your diffuser while studying. You can also rub a few drops into your hands, cup your hands over your face, and breathe in. Also consider adding a couple of drops into a bath for a refresher between study sessions.
Editor’s Pick for Rosemary Essential Oil:
- 100% PURE & NATURAL ROSEMARY OIL- Handcraft Blends oils are exactly that!! Many oils being sold online make that claim but are in fact made of natural isolates and mixtures. Each essential oil is tested by an independent lab for its constituents which is why every bottle comes with a Quality Guaranty.
- PREMIUM THERAPEUTIC GRADE & PREMIUM QUALITY – All Handcraft Blends Essential Oils are tested by an independent lab to test the efficacy of each oil. Each oil is tested for its constituents as well as to have no fillers, additives and to be undiluted.
- HIGH QUALITY GLASS BOTTLE W/ PREMIUM GLASS DROPPER - Our Rosemary Essential Oil comes in an amber glass bottle to keep out UV rays and protect the oil against sunlight. We also provide a Glass Dropper so you can get the exact amount of oil you need without any waste.
#3 Basil Oil
The refreshing, sweet aroma of Basil essential oil is one of the top essential oils for studying. It’ll relieve fatigue and approve your attention span so you can make the most of the study time you’ve allotted.
When you find that you’re going to need extra focus or more mental energy to get through a session, put Basil into a diffuser on your desk and let the sweet vapors fill the room.
You’ll get the added boost you’ll need.
Editor’s Pick for Basil Essential Oil:
- 100% Pure & Natural Basil Essential Oil - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are their unparalleled purity and concentration. Natural, with no adulterants or dilution, their oils provide the maximum benefit possible and are uncompromising.
- Don't Fall Victim To Cheap Diluted Basil Oil - Most of the competition dilute their oil with a cheap carrier oil or even other potentially dangerous chemicals. Our basil oil is routinely tested for purity and other unique qualities in order to ensure you are buying the purest oil available
- Most 4 Ounce Basil Oils Contain Less Than 1/3 Of Natural Oil - Unfortunately, there's a lot of misrepresentation of the term 100% oil, however it's usually only 1/3 of the natural oil and 2/3 carrier oil.
#4 Peppermint Oil
Peppermint is a stimulating and cooling essential oil. It has a rich menthol scent that’s just what you need when your brain is in need of more energy.
You can also use Peppermint oil to help with fatigue and headaches that may be slowing down your studies.
Editor’s Pick for Peppermint Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Peppermint Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Peppermint essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Peppermint oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Peppermint products.
#5 Cedarwood Oil
Do you need to calm or slow yourself down? Cedarwood has a woodsy, warm aroma that will do just that. Because you’ll feel calmer and more relaxed, you’ll be able to get your studies done with additional focus.
This oil can be effective when diffused. You can also apply a few drops to your temples and feet for an added boost.
Editor’s Pick for Cedarwood Essential Oil:
- PREMIUM THERAPEUTIC GRADE CEDARWOOD TEXAS Oil: - SVA ORGANICS Cedarwood Texas Oil is obtained by steam distillation of Juniperus Mexicana wood. It is 100% Pure & Natural and Authentic. Our Cedarwood Texas Oil is Glass bottled in USA and is not tested on Animals. We care for you!
- ENJOY BENEFITS OF CEDARWOOD TEXAS OIL: Cedarwood Texas Oil contains natural beneficial properties that you need for your skin nourishment, scalp health & hair growth. It helps you take care of your nails when applied topically. It is also used in formulation of aromatherapy products, cosmetics, skin lotions, body lotions, hair lotions, hair serums, massage oils & conditioners.
- PERFECT FOR ALL SKIN TYPES : Steam distilled Cedarwood Texas oil is one of the best essential oils to nourish your skin deeply. Mix it with carrier oil and apply on skin as it is an effective nourishing agent and gives you a naturally healthier appearance.
The Best Essential Oils for Studying
There are five of the best essential oils for studying when you feel like you’re about to run out of momentum.
Give them a try and see how they help improve your most important study sessions.