Stretch marks are little tears in the top layer of the skin. They are formed when people gain a lot of weight very quickly. Pregnancy can cause rapid weight gain, and therefore, pregnancy is a leading cause of stretch marks.
There are many essential oils for stretch marks that can help improve their appearance. While you may not have heard of some of these oils, they all serve an important function in either moisturizing stretch marks or quickening the collagen production within the skin.
Best Essential Oils for Stretch Marks
#1 Lavender Oil
Lavender oil can help heal stretch marks by having the potential to boost collagen production within the skin cells. Because it can boost collagen production, it can help heal wounds and previous scarring.
Editor’s Pick for Lavender Essential Oil:
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC: Lavender oil, 100% Pure and Natural, Has a Sweet and Fresh Lavender Flower Fragrance.
- LARGE 4 OZ BOTTLE: Amber Glass Bottle Comes with a High Quality Glass Dropper for Convenient Use.
- PURE LAVENDER ESSENTIL OIL: USDA Certified Organic, Free of any Pesticides and other Chemicals.
#2 Rosehip Oil
Rosehip oil can help minimize stretch marks by allowing your skin to produce more keratin. Keratin also helps boost collagen production, and that is needed in order to help reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
Editor’s Pick for Rosehip Essential Oil:
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC ROSEHIP ESSENTIAL OIL - Kate Blanc's Organic Rosehip Seed Oil is certified by USDA and is guaranteed to be authentic, pure, natural, and hexane free. Unrefined Organic Rosehip Seed Oil can have a slight fishy smell and this is normal. If you are unhappy with the smell, you can ask for a full refund. 100% Guaranteed Authentic or FULL REFUND.
- SMOOTHER SKIN & LESS ACNE SCARS: Coldpressed organic rose hip oil's unique anti-inflammatory properties reduce stretch marks, acne marks, fine lines and scars. It also help with dermatitis, acne and eczema. It works as a natural anti-aging solution by tightening the skin and keeps your face, lips, and body hydrated and supple. It's also a great facial toner and has beautiful fragrance.
- ANTI-AGING SOLUTION: Rose hip oil is rich in omega-3, omega-6, and fatty acids. These vitamins gives your skin a youthful appearance by accelerating the skin's cellular activity and slow down your aging process. It also adds shine and body to colored hair, permed hair, or hair that has been damaged by too much sun or cold weather. Virgin and unrefined rosehip seed oil makes great skin massage oil and beauty products and face cream. It's a great facial oil that goes well under makeup.
#3 Argan Oil
Argan oil can theoretically help the appearance of stretch marks because it is believed it helps promote skin’s elasticity. Argan oil may also help prevent stretch marks if you don’t already have them.
Editor’s Pick for Argan Essential Oil:
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC MOROCCAN ARGAN OIL - Kate Blanc’s Virgin Cold Pressed Argan Oil of Morocco is certified by USDA and is guaranteed to be authentic, pure, natural, unrefined, and hexane free. This is the NUTTY version where the scent is nutty and is golden. For a lighter scent, select the LIGHT version. 100% Guaranteed Authentic or FULL REFUND.
- HEALTHY AND SHINY HAIR - 100% Pure Argan Oil can help heal dry scalps, repair damanged hair, frizzy hair, and dead hair. Argan oil is a great elasticity treatment for hair by replenish and hydrating it with natural vitamins. The glass dropper allow drops for face treatment and for nails to keep your hair moisturized. It is non-oily, non-greasy, and has deep penetration.
- STIMULATE HAIR GROWTH - Grow longer and thicker hair in a quick, natural way, while also diminishing hair loss. Organic argan oil is a natural hair treatment pack for dry brittle hair, dry scalps, and dandruff. It can help with non-greasy hair and can be used in hair growth serums, hair masks, anti-hair loss, shampoo, conditioner. Argan oil is a great hair growth infusion and cuticle oil that can protect from cold wins, pollution and smoke.
#4 Neroli Oil
Neroli oil can help increase skin cell turnover. Therefore, neroli oil can help with skin elasticity and the improvement of existing stretch marks. Patchouli oil also tends to increase the production of collagen. In theory, this could lead to the improvement of stretch marks when it is applied topically.
Editor’s Pick for Neroli Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Neroli Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Neroli essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Neroli oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Neroli products.
#5 Geranium Oil
Geranium oil is another good option. This oil helps improve the elastin fibers within the skin’s surface and can improve collagen levels.
Editor’s Pick for Geranium Essential Oil:
- 100% Pure & Natural Geranium Essential Oil - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are their unparalleled purity and concentration. Natural, with no adulterants or dilution, their oils provide the maximum benefit possible and are uncompromising.
- Don't Fall Victim To Cheap Diluted Geranium Oil - Most of the competition dilute their oil with a cheap carrier oil or even other potentially dangerous chemicals. Our geranium oil is routinely tested for purity and other unique qualities in order to ensure you are buying the purest oil available
- Most 4 Ounce Geranium Oils Contain Less Than 1/3 Of Natural Oil - Unfortunately, there's a lot of misrepresentation of the term 100% oil, however it's usually only 1/3 of the natural oil and 2/3 carrier oil.
#6 Helichrysum Oil
Helichrysum oil helps make skin cells regenerate quicker, which can lead to faster healing of the skin. Any product that helps tissue regenerate can lead to an improvement in stretch marks.
Editor’s Pick for Helichrysum Essential Oil:
- 100% Pure & Natural Helichrysum Essential Oil - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are their unparalleled purity and concentration. Natural, with no adulterants or dilution, their oils provide the maximum benefit possible and are uncompromising.
- Don't Fall Victim To Cheap Diluted Helichrysum Oil - Most of the competition dilute their oil with a cheap carrier oil or even other potentially dangerous chemicals. Our helichrysum oil is routinely tested for purity and other unique qualities in order to ensure you are buying the purest oil available
- Most 4 Ounce Helichrysum Oils Contain Less Than 1/3 Of Natural Oil - Unfortunately, there's a lot of misrepresentation of the term 100% oil, however it's usually only 1/3 of the natural oil and 2/3 carrier oil.
#7 Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil contains numerous fatty acids and can improve skin’s elasticity to help heal stretch marks.
Editor’s Pick for Jojoba Essential Oil:
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC JOJOBA OIL by USDA - the strict oversight of USDA ensures the integrity of our Organic Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil. In other words, it’s really 100% ORGANIC.
- 100% PURE, ONLY ONE INGREDIENT - Our Premium Jojoba Oil Organic is 100% Pure & Natural – No Additives, No Alcohol, No Added-Fragrance and Not Diluted (Jojoba Plant: Simmondsia Chinensis).
- CLIGANIC 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - RISK FREE! We put a lot of effort into manufacturing quality products that will meet our customers' expectations. And we stand behind every item that we make, 100%. If you are not satisfied completely with your purchase, we will be happy to replace it or issue you a full refund.
#8 Bitter Almond Oil
Bitter almond oil can increase oxygen levels to the skin and helps transfer nutrients to the skin quickly. It has been known to be a very anti-inflammatory oil as well. It can be quite effective in helping to minimize stretch marks.
#9 Sage Oil
Sage oil can be another oil used to heal such marks. Because it increases skin’s blood flow, scarring can potentially heal more quickly when it is applied.
Editor’s Pick for Sage Essential Oil:
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC: Our organic Sage essential oil is certified by Oregon Tilth to ensure the absence of harmful pesticides as well as the proper handling of the oil in all stages of production.
- 100% PURE THERAPEUTIC GRADE: Our Sage Essential Oil is 100% pure premium quality oil. As one of the most trusted names in essential oils, Nature’s Oil stands behind each and every bottle sold.
- GC/MS TESTED AND CERTIFIED: In addition to only working with the world’s most reputable farms, distillers and producers, all of essential oils are GC/MS tested for purity. These tests results are available upon request.
#10 Jasmine Oil
Jasmine oil can also assist in healing stretch marks by increasing cell turnover rate. Thus, this oil also boosts skin elasticity.
Editor’s Pick for Jasmine Essential Oil:
- Premium Grade Jasmine Fragrance Oil - Good Essential only provides the highest quality fragrance oil. Our Jasmine scented oil is absolutely amazing! We know you'll love it!
- Bottled In A 10ml Amber Glass Bottle With Eurodropper - Our Jasmine oil is bottled in a durable amber glass bottle and comes with a euro style dropper for easy dispensing. Also all our oils are bottled right here in the USA!
- Just Add A Few Drops To Any Diffuser - Simply add a couple drops to any aromatherapy diffuser (steam or reed) and fill your entire room with that lovely Jasmine smell
#11 Castor Oil
Castor oil is another great oil to help minimize stretch marks. It increases the fatty acid levels in the skin and helps keep the skin adequately moisturized. However, it has been said that castor oil can bring on labor in pregnant women. Therefore, it is important not to take the risk of using this oil while you are pregnant.
Editor’s Pick for Castor Essential Oil:
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC CASTOR OIL - Kate Blanc’s Organic Cold Pressed Castor Oil is certified by USDA and is guaranteed to be authentic, pure, natural, and hexane free. 100% Guaranteed Authentic or FULL REFUND.
- GROW LUSH LONG EYELASHES AND BOLD EYEBROWS - The eyelash and eyebrow kit allow simple application to eye lashes and brow lines to promote eyelash growth and eyebrow growth. The glass droplet allow eye drops for eyelash and for nails.
- STIMULATE HAIR GROWTH - Grow longer and thicker hair in a quick, natural way, while also diminishing hair loss. Pure castor oil is a natural hair treatment pack for dry brittle hair, dry scalps, and dandruff.
As you can see, there are many essential oils for stretch marks available. It is amazing how wonderfully some oils can work to help improve such marks.