For a chronic snorer, every night in bed can feel like an adventure. Your partner keeps nudging you to turn over because the snoring is keeping them awake. Or, your snoring gets so loud that it actually wakes you up.
It’s embarrassing and sometimes alienating. It’s also something you have little control over.
It negatively impacts your sleep patterns, and you wake up feeling tired and groggy.
Are there essential oils for snoring that can help with your condition? Let’s take a look.
Best Essential Oils for Snoring
#1 Thyme Oil
Thyme essential oil is widely regarded as having a number of health benefits. Relief from snoring is one of them.
There are many snorers who claim that this oil works absolute wonders for them.
To use, you’ll want to do a 50/50 dilution with the carrier oil of your choice, like coconut oil or almond oil. Combine four to six drops of thyme with the carrier oil. Then, before bed, rub it into the soles of your feet.
Pay close attention to rubbing it on the underside of your big toes. See if you and your partner notice a difference when morning comes.
Editor’s Pick for Thyme Essential Oil:
- 100% Pure Thyme Essential Oil - Completely pure, undiluted, therapeutic grade Thyme essential oil.
- Built-In Eye Dropper Included - Our Thyme essential oil is bottled in 10ml u/v resistant amber glass bottle with a built-in euro style dropper for easy dispensing
- Perfect For Your Favorite Diffuser - Our essential oils were specifically designed for all types diffusers (reed diffusers, ultrasonic diffusers, humidifiers, steam diffusers, & more!)
#2 Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus is one of the essential oils for snoring that is considered safe to apply undiluted into your skin.
It has antiseptic, antispasmodic and analgesic properties. Eucalyptus has been used to treat a myriad of breathing issues including:
It’s also proven to be effective for people who snore. Consider blending it with lemon, thyme or lavender. Rub some on your chest or under the nose for nights of snoring relief. Also consider diffusing it.
Editor’s Pick for Eucalyptus Essential Oil:
- Highest Quality Pure & Natural Eucalyptus Essential Oil - Our Eucalyptus Oil is 100% pure, undiluted, all-natural, and therapeutic grade. Every drop of this Eucalyptus essential oil is steam-extracted right from the source without any additives or harmful chemicals.
- Gc-ms Tested for Purity & Dilution - Every batch of our eucalyptus essential oil is tested using a a type of testing called "gcms". This ensures the essential oil's authenticity and purity. These test results are publicly available on the manufacturers website.
- Bottled in a 10ml Glass Bottle with Built-In Eyedropper - All of our essential oils are bottled in an amber glass bottle right here in the USA. It also has a built in Euro style eyedropper for easy pouring and application.
#3 Marjoram Oil
Marjoram has many uses, one of which is an effective stop-snoring oil. It’s been used to treat other breathing difficulties as well. Some people report that it even helps sleep apnea, although this is not medically proven.
Many claim that marjoram is an oil that has significantly reduced or completely stopped their nights of snoring. It’s used in almost every “stop snoring” essential oil blend on the market.
Marjoram is definitely worth trying for yourself.
Editor’s Pick for Marjoram Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Sweet Marjoram Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Sweet Marjoram essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Sweet Marjoram oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Sweet Marjoram products.
#4 Roman Chamomile Oil
Roman Chamomile has been directly linked to improved quality of sleep and overall relaxation. It’s been used extensively to help sufferers of sleep apnea, and could very well assist in treating chronic snoring.
When inhaled through a diffuser, Roman Chamomile is effective and safe. It will relax your mind and help you get a restful night’s sleep.
Give it a try and see what it can do for your snoring.
Editor’s Pick for Roman Chamomile Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Roman Chamomile Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Roman Chamomile essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Roman Chamomile oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Roman Chamomile products.
#5 Lavender Oil
It seems like Lavender oil can make any list of “essential oils for…” And there a reason for that. It helps treat a wide array of afflictions.
Snoring is one of these.
It has soothing qualities and helps promote a night of restful sleep.
The University of Southampton did a study that showed volunteers slept about 20% better when it was diffused during the night.
Editor’s Pick for Lavender Essential Oil:
Essential Oils Can Help with Snoring
While essential oils may not be a magic bullet to help with snoring, you’ll certainly sleep better.
Before bed tonight, give one of these essential oils for snoring a try and see what it can do for you.
Here’s to a better night’s sleep.