Have you ever considered essential oils for Parkinson’s Disease to help treat the symptoms of the debilitating illness? If not, it could be worth a try.
Parkinson’s Disease, known also as simply PD, is a serious central nervous system disorder. With it, an individual’s motor systems are impacted and movements are severely affected.
Over time, nerve cells in the brain can get damaged or die, which causes a loss of neurons in the brain. These critical neurons produce dopamine. When the neurons no longer function properly, a person’s dopamine levels are decreased. This leads directly to brain activity that’s abnormal, and can eventually lead to Parkinson’s Disease.
Let’s take a look at some key essential oils for Parkinson’s that can help make the disease more tolerable.
Manage symptoms with these Essential Oils for Parkinson’s
#1 Cedarwood Oil
Using Cedarwood is known to be beneficial for people suffering from Parkinson’s because it helps to eliminate muscle and joint stiffness. Cedarwood also acts as a sedative and has powerful aromatherapy properties.
It helps with depression, problems sleeping, inflammation of the skin and muscle pain. It has a calming and soothing effect on your mind.
Overall stiffness is lessened by using Cedarwood directly on the skin or by diffusing it in the air. A good treatment is to put 10 drops of Cedarwood oil into a warm bath and soak in it for 15 to 20 minutes.
For times of depression, you can deeply inhale the oil from the bottle or put a couple of drops above the eyebrows.
Editor’s Pick for Cedarwood Essential Oil:
- PREMIUM THERAPEUTIC GRADE CEDARWOOD TEXAS Oil: - SVA ORGANICS Cedarwood Texas Oil is obtained by steam distillation of Juniperus Mexicana wood. It is 100% Pure & Natural and Authentic. Our Cedarwood Texas Oil is Glass bottled in USA and is not tested on Animals. We care for you!
- ENJOY BENEFITS OF CEDARWOOD TEXAS OIL: Cedarwood Texas Oil contains natural beneficial properties that you need for your skin nourishment, scalp health & hair growth. It helps you take care of your nails when applied topically. It is also used in formulation of aromatherapy products, cosmetics, skin lotions, body lotions, hair lotions, hair serums, massage oils & conditioners.
- AMAZING FOR REDUCING DRAK SPOTS: Steam distilled Cedarwood Texas oil is one of the best essential oils to reduce unwanted, hidden, prominent dark spots on your face and body. Mix it with carrier oil and apply on skin as is effective for lightening your skin tone and improve your skin complexion.
#2 Frankincense Oil
Frankincense is well-known for the many beneficial properties it brings to the table. It’s able to positively influence your nervous system, which is where Parkinson’s Disease stems from.
It’s best to mix Frankincense with a carrier oil of choice, such as jojoba or coconut oil prior to applying to skin or inhaling.
Frankincense oil also aids with digestion and reduces depression in users. The calming scent of the oil helps with pain and opens the breathing passages which helps improve sleep.
Editor’s Pick for Frankincense Essential Oil:
- 100% PURE & NATURAL FRANKINCENSE OIL- Handcraft Blends oils are exactly that!! Many oils being sold online make that claim but are in fact made of natural isolates and mixtures. Each essential oil is tested by an independent lab for its constituents which is why every bottle comes with a Quality Guaranty.
- PREMIUM THERAPEUTIC GRADE & PREMIUM QUALITY – All Handcraft Blends Essential Oils are tested by an independent lab to test the efficacy of each oil. Each oil is tested for its constituents as well as to have no fillers, additives and to be undiluted.
- HIGH QUALITY GLASS BOTTLE W/ PREMIUM GLASS DROPPER - Our Frankincense Essential Oil comes in an amber glass bottle to keep out UV rays and protect the oil against sunlight. We also provide a Glass Dropper so you can get the exact amount of oil you need without any waste.
#3 Sandalwood Oil
This is an oil with a number of therapeutic benefits. Sandalwood has an extremely soothing scent that brings clarity and calmness when it’s used. It brings users a feeling of peaceful relaxation.
One study done in 2006 showed how the chemical components of Sandalwood oil bring a true feeling of clarity and calmness.
Like Frankincense and Cedarwood, Sandalwood is high in Sesquiterpene. This directly impacts the levels of oxygen flowing to your brain. It also treats the rigidity of muscles, and assists in helping neurological symptoms by allowing your body to fire off more beneficial neurons.
To use, take two to four drops of Cedarwood oil and massage directly into areas of your skin where you feel rigidity. Then, massage several drops of the oil on your wrists, ankles and neck to relieve depression and stress.
When you inhale the oil directly from the bottle, you’ll also gain improved focus.
Editor’s Pick for Sandalwood Essential Oil:
- [ Ingredient ] - The Aphrosmile Aromatherapy Essential Oils Sandalwood Scent are extracted from roses using top extraction technology, which is 100% Natural Pure, unadulterated, therapeutic grade Essential Oils. And the Sandalwood Essential Oils Scent is unadulterated and cruelty-free.
- [ Features ] - The Sandalwood Aromatherapy Essential Oils has rich yet delicate woody fragrance with faint floral sweetness radiating warmth, which will enhances mental awareness and alleviates anxiety for greater relaxation, to heightened focus and clarity. Sandalwood Essential Oils Fragrances with high in antioxidants that can help reduce damage caused by free radicals, which prevent aging. And natural Muscle Relaxant which will relaxes nerves, muscles, spasms and contractions.
- [ Wide Applications ] - Aphrosmile Aromatherapy Essential Oils Fragrances is not only used with on aroma diffuser, but also used to massage, oil burner, Air freshener, bath and so on.
Try Essential Oils for Parkinson’s Disease
While there’s no cure yet for Parkinson’s, these three essential oils for Parkinson’s Disease can help improve symptoms and allow sufferers to live a better life.