Essential oils are extracted from plants that have strong properties that have healing properties. Each essential oil is used for certain problems. Most essential oils have little risk involved and few drawbacks. Some oils work wonders to help with motion sickness and nausea. Keep reading to learn about essential oils for motion sickness.
What are the best essential oils for motion sickness?
#1 Lavender Essential Oil
This essential oil is known for its relaxing qualities. Bumps in the road and sudden turns on a car ride can cause nausea for sure, but if you were to sniff a small amount of lavender oil this would help. Motion sickness is helped by this oil because it decreases anxiety naturally. Consider taking this oil with you when you are going on a long car ride or boat trip, you won’t be sorry!
Editor’s Pick for Lavender Essential Oil:
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC: Lavender oil, 100% Pure and Natural, Has a Sweet and Fresh Lavender Flower Fragrance.
- LARGE 4 OZ BOTTLE: Amber Glass Bottle Comes with a High Quality Glass Dropper for Convenient Use.
- PURE LAVENDER ESSENTIL OIL: USDA Certified Organic, Free of any Pesticides and other Chemicals.
#2 Ginger Essential Oil
The ginger root has been used for stomach ailments for centuries. Some people with digestive issues sip ginger tea after a meal and it is said to help tremendously. Ginger essential oil is extracted from the ginger root with no additives. This oil helps with motion sickness and nausea because it calms the digestive system.
You can use it as the oil to be used within a diffuser, rub it onto the pressure points on your head, or rub it onto your abdomen for relief. Another thing you could do is place a small towel with ginger oil onto your stomach, then place a warm pack onto the towel. This will help with absorption.
Editor’s Pick for Ginger Essential Oil:
- ★ Ginger Massage Oil is a great natural solution for lymphatic drainage, edema, spider veins and varicose veins. Extracted from ginger root, ginger oil benefits you by relieving swelling & pain by its warming and anti-inflammatory properties.
- ★ Natural Essential ginger oils,Rapidly reduces swelling,Volume: 30ml/bottle, For external use only
- ★ The Essential Oil help with immunity,Decreases swollen glands after surgery or injury and inflammation
#3 Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint also has properties like the ginger essential oil that decrease nausea and motion sickness. Some people prefer to drink peppermint tea when they are having motion sickness or nausea. You can also place a few drops on your wrist, rub it onto your temples, or place it under your nose to sniff it. Peppermint has calming properties, for those who have been vomiting and need time to relax.
Editor’s Pick for Peppermint Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Peppermint Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Peppermint essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Peppermint oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Peppermint products.
#4 Spearmint Essential Oil
Spearmint essential oil is a purer form of peppermint essential oil. They both have a lot of the same properties. The spearmint essential oil could be placed inside a diffuser that will be dispersed throughout the air. Spearmint is great for the digestive system, if sickness came from something that was ingested. This oil brings sharper awareness, if a person is feeling weak from motion sickness, nausea, or anxiety.
Editor’s Pick for Spearmint Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Spearmint Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Spearmint essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Spearmint oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Spearmint products.
Which One Will You Try?
Essential oils are great for relieving motion sickness and nausea. These oils can be added to a reed oil diffuser, placed on pressure points, or placed under the nose. Most of the plants the essential oils are made from are also made into teas, which allows you to safely ingest the healing properties. For women who are pregnant and experiencing motion sickness, please consult your doctor before using any essential oils to be sure it is okay to use.