Menopause affects every woman differently but for the majority, the condition causes abrupt life changes with a myriad of side effects. The end of the menstruation cycle is one symptom of menopause, though few complaints come from this effect. Instead, it’s the night sweats, the hot sweats, weight gain, insomnia, vaginal dryness, and an assortment of other problems that cause concern. Doctor-prescribed medications offer some relief from menopause symptoms, but many people aren’t satisfied or want a more natural approach to treatment. Those women may find that essential oils for menopause provides them with great relief.
Using Essential Oils for Menopause Symptoms
Some essential oils relieve symptoms of menopause such as those described above. Essential oils come in several forms, including oils, creams, and an all-natural oil.
Applied to the area of concern, essential oils offer substantial benefits for users, but only when the right oils are used.
Which essential oils for menopause work best? Check out the four below for fast, effective, all-natural results.
#1 Clary Sage for Hot Flashes
Clary sage works wonders for hot flashes, one of the most common side effects of menopause. Three drops of clary sage across the back of your neck or on the feet and you’ll find quick, effective hot flash relief.
Many users find better results when they inhale clary sage. Add a few drops to a napkin and softly inhale the scents if you prefer this method of ingestion. As a bonus, clary sage helps ward off osteoporosis.
Editor’s Pick for Clary Sage Essential Oil:
- Highest Quality Pure & Natural Clary Sage Essential Oil - Our Clary Sage Oil is 100% pure, undiluted, all-natural, and therapeutic grade. Every drop of this Clary Sage essential oil is steam-extracted right from the source without any additives or harmful chemicals.
- Gc-ms Tested for Purity & Dilution - Every batch of our clary sage essential oil is tested using a a type of testing called "gcms". This ensures the essential oil's authenticity and purity. These test results are publicly available on the manufacturers website.
- Bottled in a 10ml Glass Bottle with Built-In Eyedropper - All of our essential oils are bottled in an amber glass bottle right here in the USA. It also has a built in Euro style eyedropper for easy pouring and application.
#2 Peppermint Oil
Peppermint Oil ease discomfort during a hot flash. Use the inhalation method for the best result, but only add two drops of oil.
Peppermint oil helps ease cramps that you experience as well.
Many women experience dysmenorrhea, or menstruation-related cramps, during perimenopause.
Editor’s Pick for Peppermint Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Peppermint Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Peppermint essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Peppermint oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Peppermint products.
Lavender is a relaxing, soothing essential oil that people use for many purposes. Now it’s time to benefit from menopausal symptoms with lavender, since it may help balance hormones and alleviate some of the discomforts you experience.
A drop of lavender added to a compress is easy to place over the area of concern for fast relief. Use the compress for a maximum of 30-minutes per day.
Editor’s Pick for Lavender Essential Oil:
Inhale a couple of drops of geranium and you’ll find substantial relief from many menopause symptoms.
As you decrease pain, hot flashes, and other symptoms, you also decrease stress and alleviate dry skin. Many women use geranium during their baths for extra-soft skin.
Editor’s Pick for Geranium Essential Oil:
- 100% Pure & Natural Geranium Essential Oil - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are their unparalleled purity and concentration. Natural, with no adulterants or dilution, their oils provide the maximum benefit possible and are uncompromising.
- Don't Fall Victim To Cheap Diluted Geranium Oil - Most of the competition dilute their oil with a cheap carrier oil or even other potentially dangerous chemicals. Our geranium oil is routinely tested for purity and other unique qualities in order to ensure you are buying the purest oil available
- Most 4 Ounce Geranium Oils Contain Less Than 1/3 Of Natural Oil - Unfortunately, there's a lot of misrepresentation of the term 100% oil, however it's usually only 1/3 of the natural oil and 2/3 carrier oil.
Essential Oils May Help Relieve Menopause Symptoms
The four essential oils for menopause on this list are some of the best to use to decrease menopause symptoms that stand in the way of your life.
Menopause is a natural part of life but that doesn’t mean it should bring you down. Use essential oils to get the relief that you need.