Menopause affects every woman differently but for the majority, the condition causes abrupt life changes with a myriad of side effects. The end of the menstruation cycle is one symptom of menopause, though few complaints come from this effect. Instead, it’s the night sweats, the hot sweats, weight gain, insomnia, vaginal dryness, and an assortment of other problems that cause concern. Doctor-prescribed medications offer some relief from menopause symptoms, but many people aren’t satisfied or want a more natural approach to treatment. Those women may find that essential oils for menopause provides them with great relief.
Using Essential Oils for Menopause Symptoms
Some essential oils relieve symptoms of menopause such as those described above. Essential oils come in several forms, including oils, creams, and an all-natural oil.
Applied to the area of concern, essential oils offer substantial benefits for users, but only when the right oils are used.
Which essential oils for menopause work best? Check out the four below for fast, effective, all-natural results.
#1 Clary Sage for Hot Flashes
Clary sage works wonders for hot flashes, one of the most common side effects of menopause. Three drops of clary sage across the back of your neck or on the feet and you’ll find quick, effective hot flash relief.
Many users find better results when they inhale clary sage. Add a few drops to a napkin and softly inhale the scents if you prefer this method of ingestion. As a bonus, clary sage helps ward off osteoporosis.
Editor’s Pick for Clary Sage Essential Oil:
- The most Unique and Amazing Smelling Clary Sage on the market, in our opinion. If you are not absolutely amazed, receive a full refund from the manufacturer, Healing Solutions, no questions asked!
- Superior Experience: If you are just trying our Clary Sage for the first time and you do not switch to it permanently as your new favorite oil the manufacturer, Healing Solutions, will refund your money, guaranteed.
- Pure + Rigorous Quality Testing & Controls: Distillation facility is GMP, ISO 9001, and Kosher certified. Make sure all oils you buy have these qualifications * Check out our reviews!! * In our opinion our oil is superior to organic and the most rare, best smelling, and most therapeutically effective of all Clary Sage (Salvia Sclarea)
#2 Peppermint Oil
Peppermint Oil ease discomfort during a hot flash. Use the inhalation method for the best result, but only add two drops of oil.
Peppermint oil helps ease cramps that you experience as well.
Many women experience dysmenorrhea, or menstruation-related cramps, during perimenopause.
Editor’s Pick for Peppermint Oil:
- GET BETTER RESULTS WITH SUN ESSENTIAL OILS - With what we believe to be superior sourced and harvested ingredients, we think you will agree that our oils are by far the most effective on the market - a wonderful smell that can't be beat!
- SUN PROVIDES THE BEST ESSENTIAL OILS - Yes, it's a matter of opinion, but we believe our oils to be the best and will provide anyone who doesn't feel the same way with an 100% pure, unconditional manufacturer refund, anytime. We think you will feel that you have never smelled an oil this wonderful...and that after you have smelled this oil other brands may have a distinct alcohol or chemical smell with a 'dry' scent and noticeable lack of depth.
- LOVE THE SMELL AND FEEL GREAT - Fatigue and irritability are often a result of many factors that are difficult to pinpoint. Clear your mind and relax with the wonderful smell of Peppermint
Lavender is a relaxing, soothing essential oil that people use for many purposes. Now it’s time to benefit from menopausal symptoms with lavender, since it may help balance hormones and alleviate some of the discomforts you experience.
A drop of lavender added to a compress is easy to place over the area of concern for fast relief. Use the compress for a maximum of 30-minutes per day.
Editor’s Pick for Lavender Essential Oil:
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC: Lavender oil, 100% Pure and Natural, Has a Sweet and Fresh Lavender Flower Fragrance.
- LARGE 4 OZ BOTTLE: Amber Glass Bottle Comes with a High Quality Glass Dropper for Convenient Use.
- PURE LAVENDER ESSENTIL OIL: USDA Certified Organic, Free of any Pesticides and other Chemicals.
Inhale a couple of drops of geranium and you’ll find substantial relief from many menopause symptoms.
As you decrease pain, hot flashes, and other symptoms, you also decrease stress and alleviate dry skin. Many women use geranium during their baths for extra-soft skin.
Editor’s Pick for Geranium Essential Oil:
- Guaranteed Highest Quality, Most Potent Geranium Oil - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are their unparalleled purity and concentration. Natural, with no adulterants or dilution, their oils provide the maximum benefit possible and are uncompromising.
- Don't Fall Victim To Cheap Diluted Geranium Oil - Most of the competition dilute their oil with a cheap carrier oil or even other potentially dangerous chemicals. Our geranium oil is routinely tested for purity and other unique qualities in order to ensure you are buying the purest oil available
- Most 4 Ounce Geranium Oils Contain Less Than 1/3 Of Natural Oil - Unfortunately, there's a lot of misrepresentation of the term 100% oil, however it's usually only 1/3 of the natural oil and 2/3 carrier oil.
Essential Oils May Help Relieve Menopause Symptoms
The four essential oils for menopause on this list are some of the best to use to decrease menopause symptoms that stand in the way of your life.
Menopause is a natural part of life but that doesn’t mean it should bring you down. Use essential oils to get the relief that you need.