A lipoma is a fatty, non-cancerous lump or tumor that forms just beneath the skin. Lipomas can form anywhere on the body where fat cells exist. They are soft and round and can be pushed or moved by pressing on them. Some lipomas are less than an inch in diameter while others can grow as large as 6 inches or more.
Lipomas can occur anywhere on the body. While they are not malignant or cause any medical threat, they can be annoying and can impact one’s self esteem.
Surgical removal of lipomas is not generally covered by traditional medical insurance plans. Your doctor will likely recommend just keeping an eye on it, unless it is hindering in your daily activities. There are some natural remedies that may help to effectively dissolve or shrink a lipoma. Essential oils for lipomas have shown promise as a natural remedy for this condition.
Best Essential Oils for Lipomas
#1 Grapefruit Essential Oil (Citrus racemosa)
Grapefruit Essential Oil is extracted from the peel of the fruit. It is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. Grapefruit is an effective fat burning food for promoting weight loss. The oil has been added to skin care products to aid in the reduction of cellulite. Grapefruit oil can be helpful in alleviating the pain and swelling of lipomas naturally. It pulls toxins from the body and assists in removing fatty deposits.
It is best to mix a few drops of grapefruit essential oil with a carrier oil, such as jojoba oil. Massage it into the lipoma gently twice daily. If leaving the blend on your skin, cover up before going out into the sun.
Editor’s Pick for Grapefruit Essential Oil:
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC Grapefruit Essential oil, Large 4 oz Size, 100% Pure and Natural, Has a Clear, Fresh and Stimulating Grapefruit Scent.
- LARGE 4 oz AMBER GLASS BOTTLE: Comes with a High Quality Glass Dropper for Convenient Use.
- PURE GRAPEFRUIT ESSENTIAL OIL: USDA Certified Organic, Free of any Pesticides and other Chemicals and Fillers.
#2 Clove Essential Oil (Eugenia caryophyllata)
Clove Essential Oil is steam distilled from the flowering buds that grow on the clove tree. Clove oil is commonly known for treating toothache and gum infections. Massaging clove oil into the affected area of the body enhances blood circulation. This is believed to help reduce the accumulation of fatty tissue. It is also known to be pain relieving when applied to the skin.
Clove should not be used undiluted as it is quite powerful. It is recommended that you blend a few drops with a tablespoon of pure coconut oil before applying the to lipoma area.
Editor’s Pick for Clove Essential Oil:
- Warm Spice - Our clove essential oil radiates warm spicy scent of aromatic clove buds. With hints of earthy grounding notes, our clove oil essential oil is great as a natural tooth pain relief for adults and boosting overall health of the body.
- Topical or Diffuse - Apply clove bud oil essential oil on gums to relieve toothaches, or blend clove essential oil with carrier oils to clear acne and blemishes. Diffuse clove bud essential oil to cleanse the air from micro-intruders that safeguards your health.
- Relieve Toothaches and Pain - Using clove oil for tooth aches helps to relieve dental pain and dry sockets for healthier teeth and gums. With essential oils clove, it provides tooth ache relief for adults for you to smile away with confidence.
#3 Ginger Essential Oil (Zingiber officinale)
Ginger Essential Oil is extracted from the root of the plant. It is typically used to treat nausea. It is also frequently added to blends for treating muscle aches and arthritis. Ginger oil is beneficial for blood circulation, similar to clove.
Ginger can be sensitive to direct sunlight. For, this reason, you should not leave your skin exposed to the sun when using it. Like other essential oils for lipomas, ginger is best when diluted in a carrier oil. When ginger is mixed with almond oil it gives off a pleasant aroma.
Editor’s Pick for Ginger Essential Oil:
- ★ Ginger Massage Oil is a great natural solution for lymphatic drainage, edema, spider veins and varicose veins. Extracted from ginger root, ginger oil benefits you by relieving swelling & pain by its warming and anti-inflammatory properties.
- ★ Natural Essential ginger oils,Rapidly reduces swelling,Volume: 30ml/bottle, For external use only
- ★ The Essential Oil help with immunity,Decreases swollen glands after surgery or injury and inflammation
#4 Frankincense Oil (Boswellia carterri/sacra)
Frankincense Essential Oil is derived from the frankincense resin of a tree that is native to the Middle-East. Frankincense oil is known to have strong anti-inflammatory properties. It is also beneficial for treating scars, stretch marks, and other skin imperfections. Some practitioners who use essential oils believe that frankincense oil can also help reduce the inflammation of lipomas.
Frankincense oil can be mixed with either coconut oil or castor oil for massaging into the affected areas. Castor oil has been shown to have beneficial properties for skin.
Editor’s Pick for Frankincense Essential Oil:
- 100% PURE & NATURAL FRANKINCENSE OIL- Handcraft Blends oils are exactly that!! Many oils being sold online make that claim but are in fact made of natural isolates and mixtures. Each essential oil is tested by an independent lab for its constituents which is why every bottle comes with a Quality Guaranty.
- PREMIUM THERAPEUTIC GRADE & PREMIUM QUALITY – All Handcraft Blends Essential Oils are tested by an independent lab to test the efficacy of each oil. Each oil is tested for its constituents as well as to have no fillers, additives and to be undiluted.
- HIGH QUALITY GLASS BOTTLE W/ PREMIUM GLASS DROPPER - Our Frankincense Essential Oil comes in an amber glass bottle to keep out UV rays and protect the oil against sunlight. We also provide a Glass Dropper so you can get the exact amount of oil you need without any waste.
There is evidence that essential oils can be helpful in reducing or dissolving lipomas. These include grapefruit, clove, ginger, and frankincense. As mentioned, it is recommended that you dilute the oils with carrier oils, such as jojoba, coconut, almond, and castor oils. When purchasing essential oils, always seek out those made from sustainably grown plants and of the highest quality in terms of safety for use on skin.