It is important for a person to have options when they are putting their laundry in the washer. They need to have products that they can choose from to add with their laundry that will help the laundry get clean in a natural way. Some choose to use essential oils as they wash their clothing, towels, and bedding. These can help clean the items, they can add a great scent to the laundry room, and they can make some stains disappear. The one who would like to use essential oils for laundry detergent needs to know which oil is right for them in each occasion.
What are the Good Essential Oils for Laundry Detergent?
#1 Add Lemon to Disinfect:
It is important for the clothes that are placed in a washing machine to get disinfected. It can be a good idea to disinfect the washing machine every now and then, as well. Lemon essential oil is a top pick among those who are looking for an oil that they can use for cleaning, and it is a great option for those who are looking for something that will disinfect all that they put in their washing machine. This oil will also cause the laundry and laundry room to smell fresh.
Editor’s Pick for Lemon Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Lemon Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Lemon essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Lemon oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Lemon products.
#2 Add Orange or Lavender to Change the Scent of Clothing and Bedding:
Just as lemon essential oil is good for the scent of the laundry room, orange and lavender are great essential oils for laundry detergent because they change the scent of the items that are washed in them. Those looking to give their clothing an energizing and clean scent should try orange essential oil in their washing machine. Those who want their bedding to have a relaxing scent to it should consider washing it in lavender essential oil.
Editor’s Pick for Lavender Essential Oil:
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC: Lavender oil, 100% Pure and Natural, Has a Sweet and Fresh Lavender Flower Fragrance.
- LARGE 4 OZ BOTTLE: Amber Glass Bottle Comes with a High Quality Glass Dropper for Convenient Use.
- PURE LAVENDER ESSENTIL OIL: USDA Certified Organic, Free of any Pesticides and other Chemicals.
#3 Eucalyptus Can Help Fight Germs:
When someone feels that their clothing has extra germs on it or when they have blankets that have been used to cover a sick family member, they may choose to use eucalyptus in their washing machine. This is one of the many essential oil options that can help remove germs from the items that are washed in it.
Editor’s Pick for Eucalyptus Essential Oil:
- Highest Quality Pure & Natural Eucalyptus Essential Oil - Our Eucalyptus Oil is 100% pure, undiluted, all-natural, and therapeutic grade. Every drop of this Eucalyptus essential oil is steam-extracted right from the source without any additives or harmful chemicals.
- Gc-ms Tested for Purity & Dilution - Every batch of our eucalyptus essential oil is tested using a a type of testing called "gcms". This ensures the essential oil's authenticity and purity. These test results are publicly available on the manufacturers website.
- Bottled in a 10ml Glass Bottle with Built-In Eyedropper - All of our essential oils are bottled in an amber glass bottle right here in the USA. It also has a built in Euro style eyedropper for easy pouring and application.
#4 Tea Tree Oil Can Help Get Laundry Truly Clean:
If it is important for a person to do a deep clean of the items that they are putting in their washing machine, they may choose to use tea tree oil as their detergent. This oil is one that can remove germs and disinfect. This is an oil that may help fight the visible dirt and stains that are on a clothing item. Tea tree oil is an oil that can be used in a number of situations and it is a great option when someone is choosing an oil to put to work in their washing machine.
Editor’s Pick for Tea Tree Essential Oil:
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC Tea Tree Essential oil, 100% Pure and Natural. Produced through steam distillation of Hand Picked, fresh Tea Tree leaves.
- LARGE 4 oz Amber Glass Bottle Comes with a High Quality Glass Dropper for Convenient Use.
- PURE TEA TREE ESSENTIAL OIL: USDA Certified Organic, Free of any Pesticides and other Chemicals.
Essential Oils Offer a Natural Way of Freshening Laundry:
There are a number of essential oils that can help to bring about a clean load of laundry. It is important for a person to know just how to add the oils to their washing machine and how much of them they should add with each load of laundry. When used right, essential oils can get laundry clean and smelling great.