Losing a loved one or close friend can feel impossibly difficult. Instantly, a hole is left in your life and heart. While well-intentioned people try to say all of the right things to help you feel better, the reality is that the pain still feels unbearable.
You’re sad, angry, heartbroken, confused and lonely. While only time will begin to repair the open emotional wounds you’re experiencing, there are some essential oils that can help bring a certain measure of comfort during this process.
Let’s take a look at some essential oils for grief.
Best Essential Oils for Grief
Citrus oils such as bergamot, lemon, grapefruit, lime, tangerine, and mandarin bring feelings of joy and can be very uplifting. They are similar in character to the fruits they are derived from, in that they bring forth a sense of life realized. Their essence reminds us that it’s possible to move forward in life.
#1 Bergamot Oil
Bergamot oil is bright, cheerful and comforting. It can help encourage you to let go of the emotions that no longer positively serve you. It’s also an anti-depressant. It brings subtle emotions of joy.
Editor’s Pick for Bergamot Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Bergamot Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Bergamot essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Bergamot oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Bergamot products.
#2 Grapefruit Oil
Grapefruit oil is another oil that can help pull you through the feelings of resentment and anger about the death of your loved one. It’s known to dispel blame, frustration, and anger when you’re overwhelmed by a loss.
Editor’s Pick for Grapefruit Essential Oil:
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC Grapefruit Essential oil, Large 4 oz Size, 100% Pure and Natural, Has a Clear, Fresh and Stimulating Grapefruit Scent.
- LARGE 4 oz AMBER GLASS BOTTLE: Comes with a High Quality Glass Dropper for Convenient Use.
- PURE GRAPEFRUIT ESSENTIAL OIL: USDA Certified Organic, Free of any Pesticides and other Chemicals and Fillers.
#3 Lemon Oil
Lemon oil will assist you in focussing on what’s truly important in your life. It helps restore your emotional balance and rid yourself of confusion about your loss. It’s hard to feel angry while diffusion lemon oil around your home.
Editor’s Pick for Lemon Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Lemon Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Lemon essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Lemon oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Lemon products.
#4 Cedarwood Oil
Think of Cedarwood oil as an oil that will help give you the strength of tall trees and how they grow over many years, through all conditions.
Just like your life, they have been through storms, floods, fires, and various disasters. Yet they continue to bloom and stand stronger and stronger every year.
Cedarwood enhances our ability to weather life’s storms while we stand tall.
Editor’s Pick for Cedarwood Essential Oil:
- PREMIUM THERAPEUTIC GRADE CEDARWOOD TEXAS Oil: - SVA ORGANICS Cedarwood Texas Oil is obtained by steam distillation of Juniperus Mexicana wood. It is 100% Pure & Natural and Authentic. Our Cedarwood Texas Oil is Glass bottled in USA and is not tested on Animals. We care for you!
- ENJOY BENEFITS OF CEDARWOOD TEXAS OIL: Cedarwood Texas Oil contains natural beneficial properties that you need for your skin nourishment, scalp health & hair growth. It helps you take care of your nails when applied topically. It is also used in formulation of aromatherapy products, cosmetics, skin lotions, body lotions, hair lotions, hair serums, massage oils & conditioners.
- PERFECT FOR ALL SKIN TYPES : Steam distilled Cedarwood Texas oil is one of the best essential oils to nourish your skin deeply. Mix it with carrier oil and apply on skin as it is an effective nourishing agent and gives you a naturally healthier appearance.
#5 Cinnamon Leaf Oil
Leaf oil in aromatherapy represents strength, nourishment, protection and fulfilled emotions. They have a way of letting your light back in.
Cinnamon leaf oil has a warm, penetrating presence that helps invigorate and uplift your passion for life. It also helps your ability to remain in the moment.
Editor’s Pick for Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Cinnamon Leaf Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Cinnamon Leaf essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Cinnamon Leaf oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Cinnamon Leaf products.
#6 Frankincense Oil
The sap and resin of our trees are similar to life’s blood in that it seals, protects and heals wounds. Just as a physical wound, essential oils based in resin are well-known to help heal emotional wounds.
Frankincense has been used for spirituality and worship for millennia. It truly helps us be closer to the faith we hold onto. The scent of this oil allows us to navigate overwhelming thoughts that attempt to prevent us from stability and growth.
Editor’s Pick for Frankincense Essential Oil:
- 100% PURE & NATURAL FRANKINCENSE OIL- Handcraft Blends oils are exactly that!! Many oils being sold online make that claim but are in fact made of natural isolates and mixtures. Each essential oil is tested by an independent lab for its constituents which is why every bottle comes with a Quality Guaranty.
- PREMIUM THERAPEUTIC GRADE & PREMIUM QUALITY – All Handcraft Blends Essential Oils are tested by an independent lab to test the efficacy of each oil. Each oil is tested for its constituents as well as to have no fillers, additives and to be undiluted.
- HIGH QUALITY GLASS BOTTLE W/ PREMIUM GLASS DROPPER - Our Frankincense Essential Oil comes in an amber glass bottle to keep out UV rays and protect the oil against sunlight. We also provide a Glass Dropper so you can get the exact amount of oil you need without any waste.
The Power of Essential Oils for Grief
Grief is one of the most powerful human emotions that we will experience in the journey called life. They say that only time will heal all wounds. While that may have some truth to it, diffusing these essential oils while you continue to carry on day-to-day can certainly help.