A ganglion cyst is a sac of fluid that forms over a joint or tendon. A jelly-like substance is inside of the cyst, and the growths can form in one large mass or a smaller collection of cysts. Ganglion cysts are also referred to as Bible cysts and occur more often in men than women. About 70% of people with ganglion cysts are between the ages of 20 and 40.
The cause of ganglion cysts is unknown, and the growths usually occur in the wrist area, on the fingers or on the outside of the ankle or knee. In some cases, there is joint pain associated with the cyst, which leads many doctors to believe that the cyst forms due to malfunctioning tendons or joints. Additional ganglion cyst symptoms include weakness at the cyst site, swelling and changes in the size of the cyst.
While draining the cyst to release the fluid or gel-like substance in the growth can bring relief, the cysts will disappear by themselves in some cases. There are also essential oils for ganglion cyst you can use to improve range of motion in your ankles or wrists and reduce the size of the cyst.
Using Essential Oils for Ganglion Cyst
This oil is ideal for treating ganglion cysts because it has an anti-tumor effect on the body. Frankincense is anti-inflammatory and will reduce the swelling around the cyst as well. The oil promotes collagen production as well, so it can help to heal the area where the cysts have formed by strengthening tendons and improving joint function.
Editor’s Pick for Frankincense Essential Oil:
- 100% PURE & NATURAL FRANKINCENSE OIL- Handcraft Blends oils are exactly that!! Many oils being sold online make that claim but are in fact made of natural isolates and mixtures. Each essential oil is tested by an independent lab for its constituents which is why every bottle comes with a Quality Guaranty.
- PREMIUM THERAPEUTIC GRADE & PREMIUM QUALITY – All Handcraft Blends Essential Oils are tested by an independent lab to test the efficacy of each oil. Each oil is tested for its constituents as well as to have no fillers, additives and to be undiluted.
- HIGH QUALITY GLASS BOTTLE W/ PREMIUM GLASS DROPPER - Our Frankincense Essential Oil comes in an amber glass bottle to keep out UV rays and protect the oil against sunlight. We also provide a Glass Dropper so you can get the exact amount of oil you need without any waste.
#2 Juniper Berry
Since juniper berry oil is a diuretic, it helps the body to expel excess fluid, which will reduce the size of your cyst. The oil has lymph draining properties and will prompt the body to release the fluid in the cyst. Juniper berry oil is also an antioxidant and will speed up the healing process.
Editor’s Pick for Juniper Berry Essential Oil:
- GUARANTEED HIGHEST QUALITY, MOST POTENT JUNIPER BERRY OIL - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are their unparalleled purity and concentration. Natural, with no adulterants or dilution, their oils provide the maximum benefit possible and are uncompromising.
- DON'T FALL VICTIM TO CHEAP DILUTED JUNIPER BERRY OIL - Most of the Competition Dilute Their Oil with a Cheap Carrier Oil or Even Other Potentially Dangerous Chemicals. Our Juniper Berry Oil is Routinely Tested for Purity And Other Unique Qualities in Order to Ensure You Are Buying The Purest Oil Available
- MOST 4 OUNCE JUNIPER BERRY OILS CONTAIN LESS THAN 1/3 OF NATURAL OIL - Unfortunately, there's a lot of misrepresentation of the term 100% Oil, However it's usually only 1/3 of the Natural Oil and 2/3 Carrier Oil.
#3 Lemon Eucalyptus
A combination of eucalyptus and lemon oils helps to reduce swelling quickly and reduce pain around the site of the cyst. The oil is also a local sedative which helps alleviate discomfort. Lemon eucalyptus also helps to boost your mood, which is helpful for giving you a more positive outlook as you go through the healing process and work to rid your body of ganglion cysts.
Editor’s Pick for Lemon Essential Oil:
- GET BETTER RESULTS WITH SUN ESSENTIAL OILS - With what we believe to be superior sourced and harvested ingredients, we think you will agree that our oils are by far the most effective on the market - a wonderful smell that can't be beat!
- SUN PROVIDES THE BEST ESSENTIAL OILS - Yes, it's a matter of opinion, but we believe our oils to be the best and will provide anyone who doesn't feel the same way with an 100% pure, unconditional manufacturer refund, anytime. We think you will feel that you have never smelled an oil this wonderful...and that after you have smelled this oil other brands may have a distinct alcohol or chemical smell with a 'dry' scent and noticeable lack of depth.
- LOVE THE SMELL AND FEEL GREAT - Fatigue and irritability are often a result of many factors that are difficult to pinpoint. Clear your mind and relax with the wonderful smell of Lemon (Citrus limon)
Editor’s Pick for Eucalyptus Essential Oil:
- The most UNIQUE and AMAZING SMELLING Eucalyptus on the market, in our opinion. If you are not ABSOLUTELY amazed, receive a full refund from the manufacturer, Healing Solutions, no questions asked!
- SUPERIOR EXPERIENCE: If you are just trying our Eucalyptus for the first time and you do not switch to it permanently as your new favorite oil the manufacturer, Healing Solutions, will refund your money, guaranteed.
- PURE + RIGOROUS QUALITY TESTING & CONTROLS: Distillation facility is GMP, ISO 9001 and Kosher certified. Make sure ALL oils you buy have these qualifications * CHECK OUT OUR REVIEWS!! * In our opinion our oil is superior to organic and THE MOST RARE, BEST SMELLING, AND MOST THERAPEUTICALLY EFFECTIVE OF ALL Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus)
Keep in mind that essential oils are sensitive to heat, oxygen and light, so be sure to store them properly. If you’re using oils with citrus accents, these oils will have a short shelf life, so purchasing the oil in small amounts can help you save money. The oils are also extremely concentrated, so a small amount of oil can be very effective in treating ganglion cysts. If you’re using a carrier oil for your essential oil treatment, choose oils like coconut or olive oil, which are also good for the skin and provide needed nutrients and moisture.