A ganglion cyst is a sac of fluid that forms over a joint or tendon. A jelly-like substance is inside of the cyst, and the growths can form in one large mass or a smaller collection of cysts. Ganglion cysts are also referred to as Bible cysts and occur more often in men than women. About 70% of people with ganglion cysts are between the ages of 20 and 40.
The cause of ganglion cysts is unknown, and the growths usually occur in the wrist area, on the fingers or on the outside of the ankle or knee. In some cases, there is joint pain associated with the cyst, which leads many doctors to believe that the cyst forms due to malfunctioning tendons or joints. Additional ganglion cyst symptoms include weakness at the cyst site, swelling and changes in the size of the cyst.
While draining the cyst to release the fluid or gel-like substance in the growth can bring relief, the cysts will disappear by themselves in some cases. There are also essential oils for ganglion cyst you can use to improve range of motion in your ankles or wrists and reduce the size of the cyst.
Using Essential Oils for Ganglion Cyst
This oil is ideal for treating ganglion cysts because it has an anti-tumor effect on the body. Frankincense is anti-inflammatory and will reduce the swelling around the cyst as well. The oil promotes collagen production as well, so it can help to heal the area where the cysts have formed by strengthening tendons and improving joint function.
Editor’s Pick for Frankincense Essential Oil:
- 100% PURE & NATURAL FRANKINCENSE OIL- Handcraft Blends oils are exactly that!! Many oils being sold online make that claim but are in fact made of natural isolates and mixtures. Each essential oil is tested by an independent lab for its constituents which is why every bottle comes with a Quality Guaranty.
- PREMIUM THERAPEUTIC GRADE & PREMIUM QUALITY – All Handcraft Blends Essential Oils are tested by an independent lab to test the efficacy of each oil. Each oil is tested for its constituents as well as to have no fillers, additives and to be undiluted.
- HIGH QUALITY GLASS BOTTLE W/ PREMIUM GLASS DROPPER - Our Frankincense Essential Oil comes in an amber glass bottle to keep out UV rays and protect the oil against sunlight. We also provide a Glass Dropper so you can get the exact amount of oil you need without any waste.
#2 Juniper Berry
Since juniper berry oil is a diuretic, it helps the body to expel excess fluid, which will reduce the size of your cyst. The oil has lymph draining properties and will prompt the body to release the fluid in the cyst. Juniper berry oil is also an antioxidant and will speed up the healing process.
Editor’s Pick for Juniper Berry Essential Oil:
- 100% Pure & Natural Juniper Berry Essential Oil - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are their unparalleled purity and concentration. Natural, with no adulterants or dilution, their oils provide the maximum benefit possible and are uncompromising.
- Don't Fall Victim To Cheap Diluted Juniper Berry Oil - Most of the competition dilute their oil with a cheap carrier oil or even other potentially dangerous chemicals. Our juniper berry oil is routinely tested for purity and other unique qualities in order to ensure you are buying the purest oil available
- Most 4 Ounce Juniper Berry Oils Contain Less Than 1/3 Of Natural Oil - Unfortunately, there's a lot of misrepresentation of the term 100% oil, however it's usually only 1/3 of the natural oil and 2/3 carrier oil.
#3 Lemon Eucalyptus
A combination of eucalyptus and lemon oils helps to reduce swelling quickly and reduce pain around the site of the cyst. The oil is also a local sedative which helps alleviate discomfort. Lemon eucalyptus also helps to boost your mood, which is helpful for giving you a more positive outlook as you go through the healing process and work to rid your body of ganglion cysts.
Editor’s Pick for Lemon Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Lemon Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Lemon essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Lemon oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Lemon products.
Editor’s Pick for Eucalyptus Essential Oil:
- Highest Quality Pure & Natural Eucalyptus Essential Oil - Our Eucalyptus Oil is 100% pure, undiluted, all-natural, and therapeutic grade. Every drop of this Eucalyptus essential oil is steam-extracted right from the source without any additives or harmful chemicals.
- Gc-ms Tested for Purity & Dilution - Every batch of our eucalyptus essential oil is tested using a type of testing called "gcms". This ensures the essential oil's authenticity and purity. These test results are publicly available on the manufacturers website.
- Bottled in a 10ml Glass Bottle with Built-In Eyedropper - All of our essential oils are bottled in an amber glass bottle right here in the USA. It also has a built in Euro style eyedropper for easy pouring and application.
Keep in mind that essential oils are sensitive to heat, oxygen and light, so be sure to store them properly. If you’re using oils with citrus accents, these oils will have a short shelf life, so purchasing the oil in small amounts can help you save money. The oils are also extremely concentrated, so a small amount of oil can be very effective in treating ganglion cysts. If you’re using a carrier oil for your essential oil treatment, choose oils like coconut or olive oil, which are also good for the skin and provide needed nutrients and moisture.