Gallstones are most common in elderly people, women and people that are overweight. For some, gallstones can be a very painful issue. However, did you know that nearly 80% of people with gallstones don’t experience any symptoms at all?
Although gallstones in the gallbladder are relatively common and don’t typically cause any major issues, those with large gallstones normally find themselves in horrible pain.
Beyond the pain, gallstones that cause duct blockage will lead to serious issues if they’re not addressed as soon as possible.
The good news is, there is a natural remedy for gallstones that you can start using immediately. Essential oils for gallstones can lessen or even prevent gallstones from forming.
Let’s take a look at the best essential oils for gallstones that you can start using right away.
Best Essential Oils for Gallstones
#1 Lemon Oil
Lemon is also known as citrus limon and is in the Rutaceae family. The plants are grown throughout the world, but are native to the continent of Asia.
Lemon essential oil reduces body toxins and stimulates lymphatic drainage. It also helps to purify skin, provides a boost of energy and fights fungi and bacteria.
The oil is created by cold-pressing the peel of the lemon, which has the majority of fruit’s nutrients and beneficial properties.
It contains a plethora of beneficial natural compounds including aldehydes, alcohols, terpenes, sesquiterpenes, sterols and esters. In clinical tests, lemon essential oil is shown to help dissolve gallstones because of its principle component called d-limonene.
Dilute a few drops of lemon oil in water and take internally to treat gallstones. You can also diffuse the oil and apply topically to the abdomen in a carrier oil.
Editor’s Pick for Lemon Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Lemon Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Lemon essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Lemon oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Lemon products.
#2 Peppermint Oil
There are so many uses for peppermint oil that they can’t possibly all be listed in this article. Some of these include headache relief, tension treatment and colonic spasm relief.
It’s also used to rid yourself of irritable bowel syndrome symptoms.
Peppermint oil is known to have an extremely relaxing impact on your gallbladder while slowing down the transit of material through the small intestine.
The oil eases tissues that are inflamed, calms cramps and muscle spasms, and inhibits microorganisms and bacteria with its qualities that prevent infection and relieve pain.
It’s a great option for regaining intestinal health and reducing gallstones in the gallbladder. Take internally as described for lemon oil. You can also diffuse or apply directly to your stomach where the pain is at its worst.
Editor’s Pick for Peppermint Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Peppermint Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Peppermint essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Peppermint oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Peppermint products.
#3 Rosemary Oil
Rosemary has many beneficial properties such as antidiabetic, antibacterial, anticancer, antinociceptive, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiulcerogenic, antithrombotic and antidiuretic. Whew. That’s a lot.
The many beneficial components of rosemary oil help to soothe the inflammation of the gallbladder while cleansing it from stones and other toxins.
To use, dilute several drops of the oil into a carrier oil of your choice, such as coconut or jojoba oil. Apply liberally to your abdomen several times every day, and especially before bed.
You can also diffuse rosemary oil and breathe in deeply for a healing aromatherapy session.
Editor’s Pick for Rosemary Essential Oil:
- 100% PURE & NATURAL ROSEMARY OIL- Handcraft Blends oils are exactly that!! Many oils being sold online make that claim but are in fact made of natural isolates and mixtures. Each essential oil is tested by an independent lab for its constituents which is why every bottle comes with a Quality Guaranty.
- PREMIUM THERAPEUTIC GRADE & PREMIUM QUALITY – All Handcraft Blends Essential Oils are tested by an independent lab to test the efficacy of each oil. Each oil is tested for its constituents as well as to have no fillers, additives and to be undiluted.
- HIGH QUALITY GLASS BOTTLE W/ PREMIUM GLASS DROPPER - Our Rosemary Essential Oil comes in an amber glass bottle to keep out UV rays and protect the oil against sunlight. We also provide a Glass Dropper so you can get the exact amount of oil you need without any waste.
Using Essential Oils for Gallstones
If you’re suffering from gallstones, these are the best three essential oils to help alleviate your pain and remove the problem completely.
Of course, if your symptoms continue to get worse go see your doctor immediately.