Summer is the season most of us love. Warm weather, pools and beaches, and other summertime fun always make the heartbeat a little bit faster. But, summer also brings its fair share of headaches, including mosquitoes and fruit flies, to the dismay of many. If you want to keep fruit flies out of your kitchen but hate the idea of using toxic products or spending a small fortune on products to treat the problem, you’ll be happy to know that a plethora of natural remedies treat fruit flies just as well as those expensive solutions at the home improvement center.
A few essential oils for fruit flies proven to rid this annoying pest from your home include the top picks listed below.
Best Essential Oils for Fruit Flies
#1 Clove Oil
Clove is oftentimes used in the kitchen when preparing holiday meals and during other times of the year. It’s also beneficial for toothaches and numerous other health concerns. But, clove oil also rids a kitchen of fruit flies fairly quickly and without a lot of effort required. If you experience a problem with fruit flies, try a bit of clove oil to remedy the problem.
Editor’s Pick for Clove Essential Oil:
- Warm Spice - Our clove essential oil radiates warm spicy scent of aromatic clove buds. With hints of earthy grounding notes, our clove oil essential oil is great as a natural tooth pain relief for adults and boosting overall health of the body.
- Topical or Diffuse - Apply clove bud oil essential oil on gums to relieve toothaches, or blend clove essential oil with carrier oils to clear acne and blemishes. Diffuse clove bud essential oil to cleanse the air from micro-intruders that safeguards your health.
- Relieve Toothaches and Pain - Using clove oil for tooth aches helps to relieve dental pain and dry sockets for healthier teeth and gums. With essential oils clove, it provides tooth ache relief for adults for you to smile away with confidence.
#2 Eucalyptus Oil
Most people enjoy the refreshing scent and comforts they get from eucalyptus oil but it’s a much different story for fruit flies. They strongly dislike the smell and will stray as far away as possible from the scent.
Editor’s Pick for Eucalyptus Essential Oil:
- Highest Quality Pure & Natural Eucalyptus Essential Oil - Our Eucalyptus Oil is 100% pure, undiluted, all-natural, and therapeutic grade. Every drop of this Eucalyptus essential oil is steam-extracted right from the source without any additives or harmful chemicals.
- Gc-ms Tested for Purity & Dilution - Every batch of our eucalyptus essential oil is tested using a a type of testing called "gcms". This ensures the essential oil's authenticity and purity. These test results are publicly available on the manufacturers website.
- Bottled in a 10ml Glass Bottle with Built-In Eyedropper - All of our essential oils are bottled in an amber glass bottle right here in the USA. It also has a built in Euro style eyedropper for easy pouring and application.
Lavender is known for its relaxing properties. It’s a favorite essential oil for adults who want a bit of comfort in their day. But, fruit flies aren’t so keen on lavender. If you have fruit flies in the home and any lavender essential oil, use it to eliminate the problem.
Editor’s Pick for Lavender Essential Oil:
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC: Lavender oil, 100% Pure and Natural, Has a Sweet and Fresh Lavender Flower Fragrance.
- LARGE 4 OZ BOTTLE: Amber Glass Bottle Comes with a High Quality Glass Dropper for Convenient Use.
- PURE LAVENDER ESSENTIL OIL: USDA Certified Organic, Free of any Pesticides and other Chemicals.
#4 Lemongrass Oil
Lemongrass oil is highly effective in treating fruit flies. Fill a spray bottle with water and add 10 drops of lemongrass oil. Spray the oil/water concoction in areas where you see fruit flies. In no time, any active fruit flies will die off and risks of any future infestations are eliminated.
Editor’s Pick for Lemongrass Essential Oil:
- 100% Pure & Natural Lemongrass Essential Oil - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are their unparalleled purity and concentration. Natural, with no adulterants or dilution, their oils provide the maximum benefit possible and are uncompromising.
- Don't Fall Victim To Cheap Diluted Lemongrass Oil - Most of the competition dilute their oil with a cheap carrier oil or even other potentially dangerous chemicals. Our lemongrass oil is routinely tested for purity and other unique qualities in order to ensure you are buying the purest oil available
- Most 4 Ounce Lemongrass Oils Contain Less Than 1/3 Of Natural Oil - Unfortunately, there's a lot of misrepresentation of the term 100% oil, however it's usually only 1/3 of the natural oil and 2/3 carrier oil.
#5 Peppermint Oil
Peppermint is another smell that fruit flies simply don’t like. They’ll also avoid any area with a peppermint smell. Place a few cotton balls dipped in peppermint essential oil in the area where fruit flies are present and watch them quickly dissipate. It’s a simple and easy trick that really works.
Editor’s Pick for Peppermint Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Peppermint Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Peppermint essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Peppermint oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Peppermint products.
Stop Fruit Flies With Essential Oils
Essential oils provide relief for a variety of concerns around the home, including the treatment of fruit flies. Although other oils eliminate the problem, those listed above are the best and most commonly used products. Try them out at your home if you notice a problem with fruit flies and discover an easy and affordable fruit flies solution.