The essential oils for dark spots could be what you need to finally remove those rigid dark spots from your skin that are stopping you from stepping out. If you suffer from dark spots on the skin, you’ve probably spent years trying to remove them with various, ineffective methods. Although you shouldn’t feel embarrassed by them, you might.
You just want them gone.
Whether your dark spots are sun spots, age spots or hyperpigmentation, you’re looking to get rid of them once and for all.
Here, you’ll learn all about the best three essential oils for dark spots on your skin. This might be just the information you’ve been looking for.
3 Essential Oils for Dark Spots
#1 Lemon Oil
This is probably the most popular essential oil for dark spots due to sun spots, age spots or hyperpigmentation. The reason is that it has natural bleaching properties that work to lighten the skin over time.
It’s derived from lemon peels and is ultra-concentrated. It contains limonene, which is known to be a natural ingredient that bleaches the skin. Another benefit of limonene is that is balances out the overall tone of your skin by removing dead cells on the surface.
Lemon oil can be highly effective for people suffering from hyperpigmentation. Just remember that it contains furanocoumarin compounds that will increase your skin’s overall sensitivity to the sun’s UV light.
Avoid applying lemon oil during the day or exposing your skin to the sun’s direct light for a minimum of 12 hours after applying it. Doing so will worsen hyperpigmentation.
Instead, apply the oil at night and dilute it with a carrier oil such as coconut or jojoba oil. You can even mix a few drops of lemon essential oil directly into your night cream.
Editor’s Pick for Lemon Essential Oil:
- GET BETTER RESULTS WITH SUN ESSENTIAL OILS - With what we believe to be superior sourced and harvested ingredients, we think you will agree that our oils are by far the most effective on the market - a wonderful smell that can't be beat!
- SUN PROVIDES THE BEST ESSENTIAL OILS - Yes, it's a matter of opinion, but we believe our oils to be the best and will provide anyone who doesn't feel the same way with an 100% pure, unconditional manufacturer refund, anytime. We think you will feel that you have never smelled an oil this wonderful...and that after you have smelled this oil other brands may have a distinct alcohol or chemical smell with a 'dry' scent and noticeable lack of depth.
- LOVE THE SMELL AND FEEL GREAT - Fatigue and irritability are often a result of many factors that are difficult to pinpoint. Clear your mind and relax with the wonderful smell of Lemon (Citrus limon)
#2 Carrot Seed Oil
This is another one of the best essential oils to use for dark spots on the skin. It’s derived from the carrot seeds of wild carrot plants. Believe it or not, it takes about 3,000 seeds to make a single teaspoon of the potent carrot seed oil.
It’s incredibly rich in beta carotene, which is the antioxidant that appears orange in carrots.
Beta carotene reduces how dark pigment forms on the skin by inhibiting something called tyrosinase, which is an enzyme that produces melanin. Because of this, it can be helpful for treating melasma and dark spots.
Editor’s Pick for Carrot Seed Essential Oil:
- 100% Carrot Seed Oil: Our product carrot seed oil, a potent ingredient used for moisturizing and nourishing hair and skin. Antioxidants rich carrot oil leaves your skin refreshed, detoxified and conditioned.
- REVIVES HAIR: Get fuller, thicker and luscious hair by just massaging our carrot oil blend on your scalp or mixing it in your shampoo and conditioner. Carrot seed oil organic penetrates deep down your hair shaft and scalp, encourages hair growth and makes your hair softer, smoother and manageable.
- SOOTHES SKIN: Carrot oil cold pressed consists of the naturally occurring vitamins and beta carotene that help protect the skin against sun damage and also smoothens the signs of ageing. Carrot seed oil for face eliminates toxins and dead skin cell built up from the skin. Soothes, heals and revives chapped skin.
#3 Sandalwood Oil
To produce sandalwood oil, the sandalwood trees need to mature for as many as 80 years before the oil can be extracted. Sandalwood oil has been used for thousands of years because it relieves skin irritations and rashes.
It’s also well known for soothing itchy skin and fading scar tissue. Sandalwood is great for the skin and helps dimish skin discolorations and dark spots as well.
To use sandalwood on your dark spots, dilute it in a carrier oil and apply directly to the skin.
Editor’s Pick for Sandalwood Essential Oil:
- [ Ingredient ] - The Aphrosmile Aromatherapy Essential Oils Sandalwood Scent are extracted from roses using top extraction technology, which is 100% Natural Pure, unadulterated, therapeutic grade Essential Oils. And the Sandalwood Essential Oils Scent is unadulterated and cruelty-free.
- [ Features ] - The Sandalwood Aromatherapy Essential Oils has rich yet delicate woody fragrance with faint floral sweetness radiating warmth, which will enhances mental awareness and alleviates anxiety for greater relaxation, to heightened focus and clarity. Sandalwood Essential Oils Fragrances with high in antioxidants that can help reduce damage caused by free radicals, which prevent aging. And natural Muscle Relaxant which will relaxes nerves, muscles, spasms and contractions.
- [ Wide Applications ] - Aphrosmile Aromatherapy Essential Oils Fragrances is not only used with on aroma diffuser, but also used to massage, oil burner, Air freshener, bath and so on.
Find Your Best Essential Oils
Any one of these three essential oils for dark spots could be what you’re looking for to finally rid yourself of the areas of your skin that have been bothering you.
Try all three and see which one works best for you.