Anyone who has ever suffered from corns knows how important it is to find relief, fast!
Corns are calluses that grow on the feet as a result of pressure. They often form from ill-fitting shoes that cause the bones of the toes and feet to move in a way that causes the foot to press incorrectly into the shoe.
Corns are most often found on the tops of toes or to the side of the pinky toe. They are painful and in rare cases can lead to infections and further medical problems. A physician should be consulted when a new corn is noticed, but treating with essential oils is a great way to take care of the problem.
While there are over the counter and prescription remedies available, they are often not effective and can be costly and unpleasant to apply. Using the power of nature through essential oils for corns, it can be eliminated in a way that is easy, cost effective and smells great!
Best choices of essential oils for corns
Tea tree essential oil is a wonderful all around oil for skin conditions. It is known for its antiseptic properties and is amazing at disinfecting cuts, scrapes and other small injuries or conditions. Tea tree will go to work quickly when applied to a corn on a regular basis.
Editor’s Pick for Tea Tree Essential Oil:
- Tea Tree Essential oil, 100% Pure and Natural. Produced through steam distillation of Hand Picked, fresh Tea Tree leaves.
- LARGE 4 oz Amber Glass Bottle Comes with a High Quality Glass Dropper for Convenient Use.
- PURE TEA TREE ESSENTIAL OIL: USDA Certified Organic, Free of any Pesticides and other Chemicals.
#2 Oregano Essential Oil
Oregano is a very strong smelling essential oil. It is also very potent and should never be used without being diluted first. Oregano oil has anti-viral and anti-fungal benefits and should not be used by women who are pregnant.
Editor’s Pick for Oregano Essential Oil:
- HUGE 4 OUNCE BOTTLE - Our Oregano Oil Is Bottled in an U/V Resistant Amber Glass Bottle
- PREMIUM QUALITY THERAPEUTIC GRADE OREGANO Oil - An Absolutely Beautiful Aroma Made from the Highest Quality Oregano
- OLA PRIMA IS THE LEADER IN AROMATHERAPY ESSENTIAL OILS - We offer the Highest Quality Essential Oils, Every Essential Oil we Offer is PREMIUM THERAPEUTIC GRADE
#3 Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender is the most pleasant smelling essential oil on this list. Lavender essential oil is a soothing oil that is effective at softening and eventually removing corns on the feet. Since lavender is a much more gentle oil than tea tree or oregano, it can be applied more often with no cause for concern.
Editor’s Pick for Lavender Essential Oil:
When using essential oils for corns, regular use is a must. Corn removal is not a one shot remedy and it may take time, so don’t give up. Put it on your calendar and make the commitment to apply these essential oils for corn every day until relief is found.
The essential oils listed above can be mixed with a carrier oil and applied directly to the corn, or mixed in warm water for a foot soak. If applying directly to the corn, the oils can be dropped onto the skin with a dropper or applied to a small cotton pad and taped over the corn (avoiding the skin). While the essential oils will do their job, be sure to change whichever shoes were not fitting correctly in order to eliminate the cause of the problem