Bunions are not only cosmetically unpleasant, they can also cause a great deal of pain.
A bunion occurs when the joint where the big toe meets the rest of the foot becomes inflamed and finally deformed. Bunions often look like a bony lump to the side of the big toe and they are very painful, especially when walking and wearing shoes.
Some doctors believe that bunions are caused by genetic factors and one’s own anatomy. Many others say that the culprit is poor fitting and pointed toe shoes that, upon wearing, cause excess pressure to the side of the big toe. Those who suffer from bunions are often most interested in finding relief, and using essential oils for bunions can do just that.
Here are some of the most effective essential oils for bunions
#1 Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary essential oil is known for its analgesic properties when it comes to effective pain relief. It is also anti-inflammatory, making it a great choice for issues of the joints.
Editor’s Pick for Rosemary Essential Oil:
- 100% PURE & NATURAL ROSEMARY OIL- Handcraft Blends oils are exactly that!! Many oils being sold online make that claim but are in fact made of natural isolates and mixtures. Each essential oil is tested by an independent lab for its constituents which is why every bottle comes with a Quality Guaranty.
- PREMIUM THERAPEUTIC GRADE & PREMIUM QUALITY – All Handcraft Blends Essential Oils are tested by an independent lab to test the efficacy of each oil. Each oil is tested for its constituents as well as to have no fillers, additives and to be undiluted.
- HIGH QUALITY GLASS BOTTLE W/ PREMIUM GLASS DROPPER - Our Rosemary Essential Oil comes in an amber glass bottle to keep out UV rays and protect the oil against sunlight. We also provide a Glass Dropper so you can get the exact amount of oil you need without any waste.
#2 Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil
Sweet marjoram essential oil provides relief from inflammatory responses within the body. It is a gentle essential oil and many find relief after applying sweet marjoram to the affected area.
Editor’s Pick for Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Sweet Marjoram Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Sweet Marjoram essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Sweet Marjoram oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Sweet Marjoram products.
#3 Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon essential oil is not only anti-bacterial, but it is anti-fungal too, making it a great addition to any foot treatment. Lemon essential oil can be added into a blend with the other oil choices to provide an uplifting scent and relief from problems plaguing the feet.
Editor’s Pick for Lemon Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Lemon Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Lemon essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Lemon oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Lemon products.
#4 German Chamomile Essential Oil
Editor’s Pick for German Chamomile Essential Oil:
- 100% Pure & Natural German Chamomile Essential Oil - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are their unparalleled purity and concentration. Natural, with no adulterants or dilution, their oils provide the maximum benefit possible and are uncompromising.
- Don't Fall Victim To Cheap Diluted German Chamomile Oil - Most of the competition dilute their oil with a cheap carrier oil or even other potentially dangerous chemicals. Our german chamomile oil is routinely tested for purity and other unique qualities in order to ensure you are buying the purest oil available
- Most 4 Ounce German Chamomile Oils Contain Less Than 1/3 Of Natural Oil - Unfortunately, there's a lot of misrepresentation of the term 100% oil, however it's usually only 1/3 of the natural oil and 2/3 carrier oil.
#5 Lavender Essential Oil
Many people know lavender essential oil for its relaxing properties, but it also is great for pain relief as well as the relief of inflammation. Lavender is gentle on the skin and will bring relief when applied directly to the bunion or added to a foot soak.
Editor’s Pick for Lavender Essential Oil:
There are several ways that these oils can be used to provide pain relief from bunions. They can be applied with the hands directly to the skin after they have been diluted in a carrier oil. They can also be added directly to a foot bath to soak the affected area in. Lastly, the oils can be mixed with a carrier oil in a glass roller bottle, making application to the bunion a breeze.
Get rid of those pointy shoes and give these essential oils for bunions a try! Be mindful when using essential oils around children and animals. Essential oils are very potent, and though they are natural, they should always be used with care.