If you’re tired of having boils on your body, essential oils for boils might be your solution. Even though these unsightly and painful boils tend to heal gradually over time, the natural process of healing is not quick. Additionally, some boils, if left untreated, can turn into a bacterial infection.
Essential oils have been used for years as a natural way of healing by holistic practitioners. They are a safe home remedy that almost never have any adverse side effects.
Try using one or more of these essential oils for boils that can have you boil cleared and healed quickly.
The Best Essential Oils for Boils
#1 Oregano Oil
Oregano is one of the best oils to cure skin boils. It contains a potent natural antibiotic that’s perfect for treating nagging boils.
Oregano is rich in carvacrol, which is a substance that can kill the Staphylococcus Aureus bacteria that causes boils to form on the skin.
It’s best used by applying it directly on the infection. But remember to not apply it undiluted. This can harm the skin.
First, dilute three or four drops of Oregano into a carrier oil such as sweet almond oil or coconut oil. Tamanu oil or calendula oil are also good choices as carriers.
Then, take some cotton gauze and dip it into the oregano solution. Apply it directly to the boil three times a day until it is healed. Be prepared for a bit of sting when it is applied.
Editor’s Pick for Oregano Essential Oil:
- HUGE 4 OUNCE BOTTLE - Our Oregano Oil Is Bottled in an U/V Resistant Amber Glass Bottle
- PREMIUM QUALITY THERAPEUTIC GRADE OREGANO Oil - An Absolutely Beautiful Aroma Made from the Highest Quality Oregano
- PERFECT FOR YOUR DIFFUSER, BODY OILS, & MORE - Simply add a Few Drops To Your Favorite Diffuser, Or Make an All-Natural Cleaner. It's also great for making Lotions, Creams, Bath Bombs, Scrubs, Candles, and So Much More!
#2 Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree has several healing properties such as acting as an antifungal, antibiotic and antimicrobial. All of these can help cure your boil.
This essential oil is proven to be one of the best essential oils for boils when looking for a home remedy.
To begin, thoroughly (but gently) wash the area of infection with mild antibacterial soap. Then get a non-reactive glass bowl and fill it with approximately one gallon of warm (not hot) water. Add a cup of salt into the bowl. Soak a clean towel in the dilution for about five minutes, until the towel is thoroughly wet.
Remove the towel from the mixture and squeeze out the excess water. Take your Tea Tree oil and place two to three drops directly to the boil. Apply the towel to the boil and cover it for ten minutes.
Do this twice a day until the boil is healed.
Editor’s Pick for Tea Tree Essential Oil:
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC Tea Tree Essential oil, 100% Pure and Natural. Produced through steam distillation of Hand Picked, fresh Tea Tree leaves.
- LARGE 4 oz Amber Glass Bottle Comes with a High Quality Glass Dropper for Convenient Use.
- PURE TEA TREE ESSENTIAL OIL: USDA Certified Organic, Free of any Pesticides and other Chemicals.
#3 Cinnamon Oil
Cinnamon oil has a wide variety of applications, including boil treatment. It possesses antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-clotting properties.
The oil has a content high in cinnamaldehyde, which makes it a powerful weapon in the treatment of boils. It also assists in relieving the pain that comes with skin boils.
Cinnamon improves overall circulation and has a warming effect on the skin. It also helps drain the puss out much faster.
To use, take a small glass container and put three to four drops of the Cinnamon oil into it. Add an equal amount of carrier oil, such as coconut or almond oil. Do not apply without a carrier oil.
Dip some cotton gauze into the mixture and apply directly to the boil for 15 minutes.
Do this twice a day until the boil has cleared up.
Editor’s Pick for Cinnamon Essential Oil:
- GET 15 TIMES MORE RESULTS THAN WITH STANDARD NON-PURE OILS - With superior sourced and harvested ingredients and no dangerous alcohol or chemical additives found in most other oils, our oils are by far the most effective on the market.
- SUN PROVIDES THE BEST ESSENTIAL OILS - Yes, it's a matter of opinion, but we believe our oils to be the best and will provide anyone who doesn't feel the same way with an 100% pure, unconditional manufacturer refund, anytime. We think you will feel that you have never smelled an oil this wonderful...and that after you have smelled this oil other brands may have a distinct alcohol or chemical smell with a 'dry' scent and noticeable lack of depth.
- LOVE THE SMELL AND FEEL GREAT - Fatigue and irritability are often a result of many factors that are difficult to pinpoint. Clear your mind and relax with the wonderful smell of Cinnamon Bark
Essential Oils for Boils That Work
When you have a painful boil on your body, any of these three essential oils can help solve the problem. Make sure you have them in stock.