Painful blisters can be caused by any number of factors, including severe insect bites, burns or poorly fitted footwear. No matter what the cause of your blisters are, they are extremely painful and bothersome. Ridding yourself of blisters helps skin heal quicker and simply makes you feel better.
Treating problematic blisters naturally and safely with essential oils for blisters is simple when you learn which oils work the best to quickly heal the damaged skin. With these oils, you can finally relieve the burning and stinging you’ve been experiencing.
Let’s take a close look at the most potent essential oils for blisters.
#1 Lavender Oil
At the top of the list is Lavender. It’s an extremely versatile essential oil because it relieves your pain and reduces inflammation. This makes it a great oil for blisters.
It also has healing properties. If a blister is beginning to become infected, Lavender oil can help stave off the microbes while boosting the body’s system of natural healing.
Lavender oil is so gentle that it can be used by almost anyone.
To treat your blister, mix four drops of Lavender oil into the carrier oil of your choice. Then, apply directly to the blister several times each day until it’s healed.
If you’re also experiencing a lot of pain from the blister, consider putting a few drops of Lavender in your diffuser for aromatherapy. It’ll help relieve the symptoms.
Editor’s Pick for Lavender Essential Oil:
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC: Lavender oil, 100% Pure and Natural, Has a Sweet and Fresh Lavender Flower Fragrance.
- LARGE 4 OZ BOTTLE: Amber Glass Bottle Comes with a High Quality Glass Dropper for Convenient Use.
- PURE LAVENDER ESSENTIL OIL: USDA Certified Organic, Free of any Pesticides and other Chemicals.
#2 Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is another strong and effective treatment for blisters. It’s also wonderful for treating a plethora of skin problems, including cold sores, sunburn, and acne.
It’s a natural astringent, which causes blood vessels to dilate. This will dry out a blister much faster than if it was left to heal on its own. In addition, Tea tree can help prevent infection if the blister pops.
Because of the potency of the oil, it should always be diluted with a carrier oil before it’s applied to your skin. If your skin is sensitive, make sure to do a small patch test prior to using it directly on your blister.
Editor’s Pick for Tea Tree Essential Oil:
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC Tea Tree Essential oil, 100% Pure and Natural. Produced through steam distillation of Hand Picked, fresh Tea Tree leaves.
- LARGE 4 oz Amber Glass Bottle Comes with a High Quality Glass Dropper for Convenient Use.
- PURE TEA TREE ESSENTIAL OIL: USDA Certified Organic, Free of any Pesticides and other Chemicals.
#3 Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus has many of the same properties as Tea tree oil and heals blisters in a similar way. It’s a natural anti-inflammatory and analgesic. Eucalyptus can work to reduce swelling as well, which can help with the healing of some types of blisters.
This oil boosts immune systems, which can help protect against a secondary infection around the blister.
To use, carefully clean the blister with Eucalyptus that’s diluted in the carrier oil of your choice. Do this up to four times a day. Then, continue to use the oil even after the blister is healed. Your skin will be repaired much quicker.
Editor’s Pick for Eucalyptus Essential Oil:
- The most UNIQUE and AMAZING SMELLING Eucalyptus on the market, in our opinion. If you are not ABSOLUTELY amazed, receive a full refund from the manufacturer, Healing Solutions, no questions asked!
- SUPERIOR EXPERIENCE: If you are just trying our Eucalyptus for the first time and you do not switch to it permanently as your new favorite oil the manufacturer, Healing Solutions, will refund your money, guaranteed.
- PURE + RIGOROUS QUALITY TESTING & CONTROLS: Distillation facility is GMP, ISO 9001 and Kosher certified, FDA Registered. Make sure ALL oils you buy have these qualifications * CHECK OUT OUR REVIEWS!! * In our opinion our oil is superior to organic and THE MOST RARE, BEST SMELLING, AND MOST THERAPEUTICALLY EFFECTIVE OF ALL Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus)
Essential Oils for Blisters Really Works
If you’ve never tried essential oil therapy for blisters and you’ve been suffering from one, give one of these oils a try.
They’re all-natural and theraputic, and work quite a bit better than the over-the-counter remedies at the pharmacy.