Whether your allergy symptoms are linked to a specific season or are something that haunts you around the clock, essential oils can help to alleviate some of the symptom and are a great treatment options for allergy sufferers. Essential oils for allergies ca be used by diffusing them into the air, as well as in massage or baths or, in a pinch, by directly inhaling them from the container.
The scientific body of work behind essential oils and their effects on conditions such as allergies is currently not as well developed as other treatments.
However, a lot of new information is coming out about the effects of essential oils on the body and there are a lot of first-hand reports that suggest that essential oils can be an effective treatments for allergy sufferers.
Simply put, trying out some essential oils for yourself is simple, safe and you might be potentially surprised by the effects they can have in diminishing your allergy conditions.
Best Essential Oils for Allergies
Here are our top types of oils we recommend along with the best brand to try for each one.
#1 Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender essential oils are one of the most popular and sought after essential oils on the market. Distilled from the plant Lavandula angustifolia, this oil is believed to treat nausea, eczema, insomnia, depression, allergies, fungal infections, anxiety as well as menstrual cramps.
It’s know for it’s ability to promote relaxation and has a calming, sedative effect.
Lavender is especially good for reducing skin allergies by applying it directly to the skin or in baths, diffuses and lotions.
Editor’s Pick for Lavender Essential Oil:
#2 Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree oil is another staple in the essential oils toolbox. It has great reports of people using to help with allergies, however it’s important to note that Tea Tree oil in itself can trigger allergies in some people.
Make sure to test a small amount to see how your body reacts to Tea Tree oil and make it easy when starting out. Also, as we always warn, be careful not to swallow Tea Tree oil as it can be harmful if digested.
Editor’s Pick for Lavender Essential Oil:
- Tea Tree Essential oil, 100% Pure and Natural. Produced through steam distillation of Hand Picked, fresh Tea Tree leaves.
- LARGE 4 oz Amber Glass Bottle Comes with a High Quality Glass Dropper for Convenient Use.
- PURE TEA TREE ESSENTIAL OIL: USDA Certified Organic, Free of any Pesticides and other Chemicals.
#3 Eucalyptus Essential Oil
The Eucalyptus tree is often associated with koala bears and acts as their main source of calories. While Australia is often associated with the original use of Eucalyptus trees for healing uses, ancient Asian cultures have used this tree dating back centuries.
Eucalyptus essential oils have active components that make it a strong choice for cleansing and immune boost uses. It is known for its ability to reduce or eliminate harmful surface and airborne bacteria, and infections upon contact.
The strong aroma helps clears the airways and facilitates breathing, which maybe a help with seasonal allergies.
Editor’s Pick for Eucalyptus Essential Oil:
- Highest Quality Pure & Natural Eucalyptus Essential Oil - Our Eucalyptus Oil is 100% pure, undiluted, all-natural, and therapeutic grade. Every drop of this Eucalyptus essential oil is steam-extracted right from the source without any additives or harmful chemicals.
- Gc-ms Tested for Purity & Dilution - Every batch of our eucalyptus essential oil is tested using a a type of testing called "gcms". This ensures the essential oil's authenticity and purity. These test results are publicly available on the manufacturers website.
- Bottled in a 10ml Glass Bottle with Built-In Eyedropper - All of our essential oils are bottled in an amber glass bottle right here in the USA. It also has a built in Euro style eyedropper for easy pouring and application.
Essential Oils for Allergies, in Summary
As always take care when trying out new essential oils on your skin or in other means. Start with a small does and allow a day to see the effects. Keep in mind that most oils needs to be added to a carrier oil before applying.
Using essential oils for allergies has been reported to be an effective and fast treatment option that you can use alongside your other medications and treatments.
Make sure to use reputable brands that have proven to product high-quality oils and that stand behind their products.