The adrenal glands have more to do with your health than many people realize. Located near the top of the kidneys, the glands produce hormones that are essential to your physical and emotional well being. When something interferes with efficient hormone production, it’s not unusual for the sufferer to experience extreme tiredness that affects the mind as well as the body. This is referred to as adrenal fatigue. Fortunately, there are essential oils for adrenal fatigue that can help.
What Is Adrenal Fatigue?
Adrenal Fatigue is a condition that occurs when the adrenal glands are unable to continue producing hormones at a healthy level. This type of illness can occur due to prolonged periods of excessive stress, as a complication of some chronic health problems, and a temporary infection.
Some of the more common symptoms of adrenal fatigue include extreme tiredness, insomnia, digestion issues, and frequent headaches. Along with identifying any underlying health problems that may be causing the stress on the adrenal glands, using essential oils for adrenal fatigue will make a difference.
Five Effective Essential Oils for Adrenal Fatigue
#1 Cinnamon Bark Oil
Cinnamon bark oil supports endocrine system strength and function. That helps to regulate the cortisol produced by the adrenal glands. This is important, since cortisol is produced in greater quantities when you’re under a lot of stress. The fact that the oil helps to strengthen the nervous system and keep blood sugar levels in balance. The oil also helps to minimize the impact of stress on your emotions, so you feel more balanced overall.
Editor’s Pick for Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Cinnamon Bark Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Cinnamon Bark essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Cinnamon Bark oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Cinnamon Bark products.
#2 Clove Oil
Many people keep clove oil on hand to help with toothaches. What you may not know is that it’s a wonderful way to treat adrenal gland issues. When combined with a carrier oil and possibly another essential oil, you can use the clove oil as a topical agent. A drop that’s rubbed into the jawbone or behind the ear will help to boost circulation. That means more nutrients reaching the adrenal glands and helping them to function more efficiently.
Editor’s Pick for Clove Essential Oil:
- Warm Spice - Our clove essential oil radiates warm spicy scent of aromatic clove buds. With hints of earthy grounding notes, our clove oil essential oil is great as a natural tooth pain relief for adults and boosting overall health of the body.
- Topical or Diffuse - Apply clove bud oil essential oil on gums to relieve toothaches, or blend clove essential oil with carrier oils to clear acne and blemishes. Diffuse clove bud essential oil to cleanse the air from micro-intruders that safeguards your health.
- Relieve Toothaches and Pain - Using clove oil for tooth aches helps to relieve dental pain and dry sockets for healthier teeth and gums. With essential oils clove, it provides tooth ache relief for adults for you to smile away with confidence.
#3 Lavender Oil
Inhaling the scent from lavender oil is the most common approach to treating adrenal fatigue. Use it in a diffuser during the day. If you need more of a boost in order to sleep well, combine it with a carrier oil and spritz a small amount on your bed pillows. Lavender in properly measured amounts helps to promote restful sleep. Recuperative sleep is essential to healing your adrenal glands.
Editor’s Pick for Lavender Essential Oil:
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC: Lavender oil, 100% Pure and Natural, Has a Sweet and Fresh Lavender Flower Fragrance.
- LARGE 4 OZ BOTTLE: Amber Glass Bottle Comes with a High Quality Glass Dropper for Convenient Use.
- PURE LAVENDER ESSENTIL OIL: USDA Certified Organic, Free of any Pesticides and other Chemicals.
#4 Lime Oil
Citrus oils, and lime oil in particular, helps to calm the anxiety and jitters that often come with adrenal fatigue. Think of it as a good way to calm the racing mind even as it relaxes the muscles that are carrying a lot of tension. This alleviates stress on the nervous system and lowers the production of excess cortisol. Consider using lime oil as a topical agent when mixed with a carrier oil. You may also want to limit the use to nighttime, since this essential oil can cause a rash if the skin is exposed to direct sunlight.
Editor’s Pick for Lime Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Key Lime Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Key Lime essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Key Lime oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Key Lime products.
#5 Rosemary Oil
Rosemary oil is an excellent choice for use in a diffuser. The aroma has a calming effect on the mind and body. That makes it ideal for achieving sleep that’s more restful. It also provides calm during periods of stress, an attribute that further eases the demand on the adrenal glands.
Editor’s Pick for Rosemary Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Rosemary Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Rosemary essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Rosemary oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Rosemary products.
Keep in mind that essential oils for adrenal fatigue are generally not intended for use without being combined with some type of carrier oil. The one exception is utilizing the oil in a diffuser. When in doubt, consult with an herbalist who is familiar with these oils and learn how to use them responsibly for massage therapy or with some sort of compress.