The best cocoa butter for stretch marks have been reviewed by Ginger Haze, so you'll know which to buy in the market today. If your skin is overstretched beyond its normal collagen elasticity, stretch marks may develop. Stretch marks are thin, rippled, wavy or straight, reddish, purplish or brown streaks that turn white and eventually fade. Your skin may feel dry, itchy and tight. You find them on your stomach, hips, thighs, upper arms, breasts, shoulders and lower back. Common reasons are pregnancy, weight loss and gain, growth spurts in puberty and muscle size changes in bodybuilding.
What Is Cocoa Butter For Stretch Marks?
Cocoa butter is a concentrated natural fat that comes from the cocoa bean. It is the same bean from which we get chocolate and has a pleasant chocolate aroma. At room temperature, cocoa butter is solid and quickly melts when applied to your skin. The reason people use cocoa butter for stretch marks is that it is rich in antioxidants and contains six major moisturizing fatty acids. It is a common ingredient in many body lotions and creams.
How Does It Work?
It penetrates deep into the middle or dermal layer of your skin where stretch marks develop. Antioxidants and emollients in cocoa butter nourish, soften and moisturize your skin from the inside out. Components in cocoa butter help neutralize oxidative stress or detoxify the dermal skin structure. Cocoa butter helps repair your skin and improve skin elasticity. It forms a protective layer over your skin that holds in moisture.
Is It Effective?
Cocoa butter will diminish the appearance of stretch marks, hydrate, soften and nourish your skin. The most effective way to use cocoa butter for stretch marks is to apply it regularly before and after your skin becomes stretched.
How To Use Cocoa Butter For Stretch Marks:
- A woman should rub cocoa butter into her abdomen and breasts daily as soon as she knows she is pregnant. After the baby’s birth, continue to rub the cocoa butter on your abdominal and breast areas as your skin gradually shrinks back to its normal condition.
- Rub cocoa butter on your body before starting a weight loss program, and continue after you have lost the weight.
- Teenagers should start rubbing cocoa butter on areas of your bodies most likely to develop stretch marks during natural growth spurts. Hips, thighs, buttocks, and breasts are the target areas.
- Before starting a bodybuilder program, start rubbing cocoa butter on the muscle areas you plan to develop. Continue applying the cocoa butter.
- Anyone can use cocoa butter on your skin daily to help lessen stretch marks and wrinkles from aging.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects?
Just like any other product, some people may be allergic to cocoa butter. The symptom of an allergic reaction to cocoa butter is a rash with red skin, little bumps, and itching at the location the cocoa butter was applied. It may be painful and possibly blister. If you get a rash, immediately discontinue the use of the product.
How Much Does Cocoa Butter For Stretch Marks Cost?
You can buy cocoa butter skin cream for approximately $1.00 an ounce or about $16.00 for a pound. You can safely store and use it for five years.
If I Don't Like The Smell Of Chocolate, What Are The Alternatives?
Try Bio-oil or shea butter instead.