If you’re looking for the best skin lightening creams for hyperpigmentation, then you came to the right place. Here at Ginger Haze, we listed the best skincare products for you. Medically speaking, hyperpigmentation is a relatively harmless condition. But it can also be a case of a complete disaster for a person’s business and social life, especially as a woman.
12 Best Skin Lightening Creams for Hyperpigmentation 2019
Fortunately, there are ways that it can be dealt with and to get the right cream will make sure that your skin will absolutely be flawless at all times. It can also help with aging prevention.
Take a look at the list we made as to the best creams for hyperpigmentation as we tell you what they can do if you have skin hyperpigmentation.
#1 LilyAna Naturals Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid for Face and Eyes
- ☑️ HIGH-POTENCY FORMULA. High-potency, prescription strength Vitamin C serum to help visibly revitalize and boost dull, tired, lackluster skin, and encourage healthy collagen and skin elasticity. Refreshing and light, our serum helps quench dryness while delivering potent antioxidants for a radiant, glowing complexion.
- ☑️ MAXIMUM ANTI-AGING. Natural blend of proven anti-aging actives work together to refresh and rejuvenate while promoting an overall healthy, youthful skin. Formulated with Vitamin C & E; Aloe Leaf Juice, MSM, Wild Geranium, Horsetail, and Dandelion Extracts; as well as Jojoba Oil and 5% Botanical Hyaluronic Acid, which helps encourage moisture retention in the skin.
- ☑️ LIFT, BRIGHTEN, FIRM. Dark spots, hyper-pigmentation, scars, acne redness, and dull skin tone are no match for the revitalizing benefits of Vitamin C, and our formula is gentle enough for sensitive skin, yet powerful enough to deliver real, visible results.
This cream’s formula is primarily Vitamin C as an active ingredient, and it is all-natural. It also has a lot of Vitamin E which is very useful in targeting wrinkles and bags under the eyes too.
It is quickly absorbed by the skin and won’t leave residue on the skin, unlike other creams. It will give you a clean and dry look upon usage.
The best part about it? It is made in the USA and if there is a chance that you are not satisfied with the product, you can return it and the company would gladly return to you the money you used to purchase the said product.
#2 Admire My Skin 2% Hydroquinone Dark Spot Corrector Remover For Face & Melasma
- ✅ THIS DARK SPOT REMOVER is proven to brighten and fade dark spots, hyperpigmentation & melasma: The acids gently fade and peel dark spots to reveal brighter skin: This product can be used either once OR twice per day depending on skin sensitivity
- ✅ OUR PROMISE TO YOU - We promise this dark spot corrector remover for face will provide effective results within 4 weeks when used as directed: The directions on the product label says "use once or twice daily"
- ✅ THIS DARK SPOT CORRECTOR is considered to be more effective than other dark spot correctors and melasma treatment creams: the directions on the outer box says "use twice daily or as directed by doctor"
This cream has a highly effective and active ingredient which is hydroquinone. It also has Vitamin C, lactic acid, azelaic acid, and salicylic acid and with all of the mentioned ingredient in its formula, you’ll be amazed to see results in at least a few weeks of usage.
It is advisable to be used once or twice or how your doctor advice if it was prescribed to you. You can get this without a prescription and is easy and safe to use.
#3 Porcelain Skin Whitening Serum Hydroquinone Kojic Acid Glycolic
- Professionally Formulated - Effective for Melasma and Hyperpigmentation, Visibly Fade/Remove Age Spots or Brown Spots, Freckles, sun spot, Acne Scars, 45 Days Money Back Guarantee
- Multiple effective ingredients that provide synergetic effects - ensure you get the best results, visibly fade/remove age spots/brown spots, freckles, sun spots, acne scars, uneven skin tone.
- Made in USA, guaranteed Quality.
This serum boasts its formula as it is made with 97% natural materials which are mostly composed of kojic acid, glycolic acid, and hydroquinone which will help in lightening your skin.
It is free of any toxic and dangerous ingredients and has no nasty smell.
This product is made in the US, approved by the FDA and is completely safe to use.
You can see visible results within 45 days of using it, or you can return this cream and you also get your money back guaranteed.
#4 Amara Beauty Retinol Serum 2.5% with Hyaluronic Acid & Vitamin E
- 2.5% retinol with moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid and Jojoba Oil for superior results with less irritation
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots in as little as 12 weeks
- Unclogs pores for clearer and smoother looking skin and minimizes the appearance of pores and scars
Aside from being good at lightening the skin, this retinol-based serum is also good with other things. For one, it prevents possible breakouts, unclogs your pores and works best at fading acne scars.
Organically and natural-made, it is a product that’s quite safe to use.
This can be the best product to get if you are having problems with acne. It can definitely help you in preventing to have more acne and clear the acne scars it left behind.
#5 BREMENN CLINICAL Dark Spot Eraser
- - STARTS WORKING FAST- Causes a significant, visible decrease in dark spots within minutes
- -UNLIMITED APPLICATION- Effectively works on the face, neck, décolleté, and hands
- - PREVENTATIVE ACTION- Helps address the appearance of future dark spot emergence
This cream is known to be one of the fastest-acting creams currently in the market. It guarantees that while using this product, your skin will lighten in as fast as 30 days or you get your money back.
Aside from ensuring that the dark spots in your skin will be removed, it can also prevent new spots to emerge, and you can use this product for as much as you want, too!
This can be a great cream to use on other spots in your body. You can apply an ample amount and you can stop worrying because this doesn’t have side-effects.
#6 La Roche-Posay Mela-D Pigment Control Serum
- Targets visible dark spots
- Evens skin tone
- Enhances skin clarity
This product’s main ingredients are composed of glycolic acid, lipo-hydroxic acid, and Kojic acid which are highly effective to use.
It will help in reducing the intensity of the dark spots in your skin immediately and can give your skin a more desirable radiant look.
It is easy to use because it comes with a very handy dropper which you can use to apply it with. Remember to use with after applying sunscreen if you will be going out in the sun for a more effective result.
#7 Paula’s Choice RESIST Triple-Action Dark Spot Eraser 7% AHA Lotion
- REMARKABLY EFFECTIVE SPOT LIGHTENING FORMULA--Our Triple-Action Dark Spot Eraser uses a combination of 2% hydroquinone exfoliating 7% glycolic acid and antioxidants to lighten dark spots and discolorations while also brightening and fight signs of aging
- Paula's Choice--RESIST Triple-Action Dark Spot Eraser 7% AHA Lotion with Glycolic Acid & Hydroquinone is a sheer fluid lotion that easily absorbs into skin & leaves no residue. Promotes an even luminous skin tone for normal dry combination & oily skin.
- Use Paula's Choice Triple Action Dark Spot Eraser twice daily as part of your morning and evening skin care routines along with your favorite Paula's Choice cleanser, toner, serums, exfoliator, and moisturizer with SPF for daytime wear.
A cream that has a formula primarily based on hydroquinone, it also contains a fair amount of glycolic acid and different types of antioxidants.
This will not only help in lightening your skin but this product can also help in fighting skin aging. It can be used by people with different types of skin and a great product as prevention.
This can also be used with other products without worrying about the negative effects.
#8 La Roche-Posay Pigmentclar Dark Spot Cream Face Serum with LHA
- Visibly reduces the appearance of dark spots
- Brightens and evens complexion
- Light, melt-in texture
For people with sensitive skin, this product is one of the best options that they can try to use. It was tested on many different skin types and was proved to work well without triggering any allergies or negative reactions.
You can see fairly quick results when using it daily and using it daily carries no increased risk, if you are worried about it. It is perfectly safe to be used at any time of the day.
#9 Dermalogica Powerbright TRX Treatment Kit
- Helps minimize brown spots and discoloration while protecting against future pigmentation issues
- Brightens skin and helps clarify uneven skin tone
- Great for previewing Power Bright TRx products or continuing your regimen while traveling
This travel set gives not just an effective result but also convenience to people who would carry it while traveling. It has three formulas perfect for brightening that skin from TRX, which allows you to test them all out before buying or use the three products in the kit in conjunction.
The formula of this treatment kit is safe to be used for all types of skin. The result will be faster and better if you can use all three of them.
With this set, it is easier to try them all out.
#10 Dermalogica Pure Powerbright TRX C-12 Serum
- It penetrates through the skin and prevents aging skin
- Tightens your skin, does not make your skin rough, spreads on your skin easily
- For all skin types
This cream will give you a silky feeling if you use it. It will be absorbed quickly so you can be sure that you won’t have that sticky feeling and constant oil in the skin.
You don’t have to worry about its smell because it is completely odorless, making it perfect for not just sensitive skin but also for people with sensitive nose. The formula consists of completely natural ingredients like algae, zinc, phytic acid, oligopeptides, and more!
It is made in the USA and completely safe to use.
#11 EVE LOM The Best White Brightening Cream For Hyperpigmentation
- Suitable for all skin types. We especially recommend for those concerned with pigmentation or uneven skin tone and lack of radiance, or to prevent early signs of ageing.
- Contains Dermapep: A powerful, brightening ingredient that blocks melanin production
- Contains Chinese Root Extracts: Inspired by traditional Chinese medicine, these plant derived potent anti-oxidants work in three fold to restore skin’s structure and combat free radicals
A product that is suitable for all skin types? This beauty cream can also prevent signs of aging upon constant usage.
It has dermapep in the list of ingredients and it also contains Chinese root extracts as an anti-oxidant and sodium hyaluronate to give you extra hydration. And then there’s allantoin to help reinforce the skin structure and to retain your skin’s moisture.
It is also good got people with dry skin because it is best in hydrating the skin.
#12 Eucerin EVEN BRIGHTER Pigment Reducing Day Cream SPF30
- Eucerin Even Brighter Pigment Reducing Day Cream - SPF30 50ml
- 50 Milliliters
Aside from being a lightening cream, this product from Eucerin can also double as a skin moisturize and can be used every day.
It has B-resorcirol which can combat skin darkening while the other ingredients like glycyrrhetinic will repair damaged skin cells to keep your skin from signs of aging.
It has a high SPF of 30 that works for the prevention of dark spots in the skin. It is also advisable to use this product even before you develop hyperpigmentation so it can help in the prevention.
Apply it to the clean skin and it will be nicely moisturized.
What Is Hyperpigmentation?
Hearing the word hyperpigmentation can be scary at first for some people, but let us assure you that it’s nothing bad.
Hyperpigmentation, in general terms, is the appearance of dark spots or darker patches on your skin. If you see old people or your grandparents with age spots, it is a type of hyperpigmentation.
People that have darker skin tones are more prone and at risk in having stronger skin hyperpigmentation.
These spots are actually usually caused by too much sun exposure, that is why you can see them more often on the face, the neck, as well as on the hands and arms because they are more exposed to the sun.
There are different types of hyperpigmentation. One of the most well-known type called melisma. It presents as large patches of darkened skin on the face. They are commonly seen in women and seems like the cause is also hormonal changes. They can also often appear while being pregnant.
Hyperpigmentation can also be seen as a reaction to a recent injury or infection. People that suffer from acne are sometimes the victims. Their face will be covered with discoloration spots after the acne heals.
Other tpes are less common ones including medication and specific skin diseases which you can easily searched about.
Overall, having hyperpigmentation isn’t that dangerous at all, but it can be an inconvenience. That is why there are available skin lightening creams that can help you if ever you encounter having hyperpigmentation. These creams works differently so you should also be aware of that.
What are the Best Skin Lightening Creams for Hyperpigmentation?
Skin lightening creams or skin brighteners, skin bleachers or fading creams are products that reduces the amount of melanin in the skin, which is the pigment that causes the skin to become darker.
Usually, they have different active ingredients to help lightens the skin like Vitamins C and E, kojic acid, licorice, arbutin. Aloe vera, hyrodquinon and more. These ingredients are completely safe and natural.
Most products like these use mercury in the past, but because it is banned for being unsafe, you don’t have to worry anymore. Just be mindful of this because imported products might still have mercury on their ingredients to look out for that.
Are There Any Side-effects to the Best Skin Lightening Creams for Hyperpigmentation?
These skin lightening creams may be generally safe to use, but there are still some possible risks and possible side effects, just like any other beauty products in the market.
Overusing anything is a bad habit, and overusing products such as lightening products can be dangerous. It can lead to premature skin aging or worse, can lead to skin cancer. Skin thinning and skin infections can also be a result of overusing steroid-based skin lighteners.
Some ingredients can also cause skin irritation or skin allergies. You will notice this after a few uses, and it can be fixed by using other creams with different ingredients instead.
Aside from the ones mentioned, there are no major side effects. Just make sure that you will stick to the doctor’s recommendations and not to overuse any products and you will be okay.
Conclusion – Best Skin Lightening Creams for Hyperpigmentation
Skin lightening creams are quite effective with proper usage. They are easy and safe to use, so if you want a fairer complexion while having a protected skin against sun damage, this will be your best choice.
For best result, you should know the best skin lightening creams for hyperpigmentation to use depending on your condition and skin needs.
Among the list of best cream for hyperpigmentation, we can safely say that recommending Eve Lom isn’t a bad move since the product is very suitable for any skin type and will work wonders in preventing and removing dark spots.