Do you color your hair frequently? Often hair is one of the things that people spend the most money and effort on. However, this effort can change the health of the hair, depending on how much color, heat, or product is used. Because of this, it is essential to make sure to use the right type of product for the type of hair, whatever it may be. If you color your hair, one of the products that has the biggest impact on the health of your hair is the shampoo that you use. In this article we will discuss the best shampoos for color-treated hair and what makes each one rank the way that it does.
10 Best Shampoos for Color-Treated Hair
#1 Pureology Hydrate Shampoo
- Clean and hydrate your hair with this sulfate-free shampoo. With a gentle, moisturizing and vegan formula, this color-safe shampoo helps keep your color vibrant and your hair healthy.
- AntiFade Complex protects color vibrancy and Advanced Hydrating Micro-Emulsion Technology deeply hydrates hair.
- Use a quarter-sized amount of product on wet hair; massage into strands for a rich lather and rinse suds.
Pureology Hydrate Shampoo is excellent for thick to medium hair that has been color-treated. This shampoo is an excellent choice for color treated hair because it is made entirely sulfate free and consists of ingredients that promote hair health in general such as jojoba oil, sage, and green tea. Additionally, this shampoo is entirely vegan free, offering a pure shampoo that will do wonders for your color-treated hair.
#2 Redken Color Extend Shampoo
- Redken color extend magnetic shampoo helps to give your color that fresh from the salon vibrancy every time you wash it
- Boasting a cleansing formula that thoroughly cleans your hair from the root to the tip
- A cleansing formula that thoroughly cleans your hair from the root to the tip
The Redken Color Extend Shampoo is an excellent option for color-treated hair because it fights any changes that might occur to colored hair. Customer reviews of this product mention the product’s excellence in removing brassiness and brightening highlights. The product also fights cause of color change such as environmental factors, poor condition, specific minerals, and water.
#3 Olapex No. 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo
- It is formulated with olaplex bond building chemistry
- It restores internal strength and moisture levels to add incredible shine and manageability
- It is recommended for all hair types
The Olapex No. 4 Maintenance Shampoo is an excellent choice if color alterations have damaged or dried out your hair. This product helps to repair such damage in addition to protecting from future damage. This makes it incredibly helpful for those who suffer from both split ends and frizz in general. Not only is this shampoo made in the USA, it is entirely free from potentially harmful materials such as parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
#4 Tea Tree Special Shampoo
- Natural tea tree oil, peppermint and lavender invigorate the scalp and leave hair smelling great
- Special Shampoo
- Invigorating Cleanser
The Tea Tree Special Shampoo is an excellent choice for color-treated hair if the user suffers from a sensitive scalp. Sensitive scalps can result in flakiness or dryness and even oily skin, depending on the type. Color-treated hair can make these conditions worse, which is precisely what the tea tree special shampoo aims to remedy. This shampoo consists of ingredients such as tea tree oil and essential oils such as peppermint, both of which are incredibly helpful with inflammation and overall hair health in general.
#5 Davines Ol Shampoo
- Helps gently remove impurities and residue from hair
- Formulated with Roucou Oil, a natural active ingredient to restructure hair
- Prevents hair aging and offers strong anti-oxidant action
The Davines Ol Shampoo is an excellent choice for those who have color-treated hair and are in need of an everyday shampoo. This shampoo is a perfect choice for everyday use and leaves hair feeling and looking smooth, shiny, and silky. It is made entirely from non-paraben and sulfate ingredients and consists of roucou oil, adding to the overall nourishment that the product provides. This is a great shampoo for color-treated hair that has no direct effects from color treatment but needs to stay healthy.
#6 Living Proof Restore Shampoo
- Restore shampoo is formulated with living proofs moisture-controlling molecule, polyfluoroester
- The protective layer on dry or damaged hair and reduce hairs porosity by 100 percent.
- Ideal for everyday use
The Living Proof Restore Shampoo is a perfect option for those with color-treated hair who want to reverse damage, protect from future damage, and contribute to the health of their hair overall. This shampoo is free of not only parabens and sulfates but silicone as well. Additionally, it is cruelty free and is widely known to be used by celebrities. For color-treated hair that is slightly damaged, this shampoo is an excellent option.
#7 Matrix Biolage Colorlast Shampoo
- This product is not a tester
- Packaging may vary
- Beauty and personal care product
The Matrix Biolage Colorlast Shampoo is a great choice for those with color-treated hair who simply want to extend the already existent health of their hair. It has incredibly low pH and will ensure that the hair it’s used on, no matter how much color treatment, is kept looking its best.
#8 Oribe Shampoo for Beautiful Color
The Oribe Shampoo for Beautiful Color is a great shampoo for those with color-treated hair who want to use a gentle shampoo on their colored hair while retaining moisture. The formula used in this shampoo is fruit-based and is perfect for those who have bleached their hair with minimal damage or who simply want to be gentle on their color treatment.
#9 Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Shampoo
- Includes (1) 16.5-Ounce shampoo and (1) 16.5-Ounce conditioner
- Replenishes and seals in moisture, adds softness and shine, and improves overall look and feel of hair
- Conditions and strengthens dry hair
The Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Shampoo is a good choice for those with color-treated hair who simply want to keep their color-treated hair as soft as possible without causing more damage. This shampoo can also potentially help to retain color because it is made with a formula that not only consists of sea-silk and color hold, but also UVA protection. Using this will ensure that your already healthy color-treated hair stays as perfect looking as possible for as long as possible.
#10 Moroccan Oil Clarifying Shampoo
- For Hair Burdened by Buildup
- Color Safe
- No Sulfate Phosphate Paraben
The Moroccan Oil Clarifying Shampoo is a great choice for those with color-treated hair who simply want to remove the daily buildup and replenish their hair without tarnishing the color. This shampoo is formulated with multiple oils that promote hair health such as argan oil lavender oil, rosemary oil, chamomile oil, and extracts of jojoba. With this shampoo, color-treated hair will stay as healthy as possibly with the least damage possible.
Choose What’s Right for You
Choosing the best shampoos for color-treated hair is one of the most important decisions that you can make. This decision will affect not only the health of your hair, but the overall look of your hair as well. With this list, you’ll be able to make an informed decision about your hair and have your color treatment looking better than ever!