Sometimes, this is overlooked, but it’s important to use shampoo products made for your specific texture, color, or even issue you are dealing with. For those with blonde hair, the following are 10 of the best shampoo for blonde hair that you should try.
#1 Amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo
Blonde hair has different stages, including getting a little dark during the winter. Those who prefer to see consistent color are going to fall in love with Amika’s Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo that comes with an ultra-violet formula built to protect your hair when you need it most.
Some people don’t wear scarves to protect their hair, but the reality is that hair is quite fragile, especially when it comes to UV rays, which can discolor your hair. This UV formula is made to work with you and protect each strand of your hair to give you back your natural bright shine.
It should be pointed out that this shampoo does not have parabens, sulfates, and phthalates, which means you’ll be using a much more natural formula than you might have otherwise.
#2 Oribe Bright Blonde Shampoo
The Oribe Bright Blonde Shampoo may not be the best shampoo for blonde hair, but it definitely is second best. It gives you solid UV protection, which means your hair should stay bright even if you go out in the sun often.
The formula is especially good for those who want their hair to have a more silver or ashy blonde look. It should be mentioned that this shampoo is safe for hair that has been color-treated or keratin-treated. Again, you do not have to worry about parabens or sulfates if you decide to use this brand of shampoo. The product is also vegan, which is becoming more important nowadays.
#3 Clairol Shimmer Lights Shampoo
- Clairol Professional
- Shimmer light shampoo
- Blonde and silver
Here’s another option for people with blonde hair. The good thing about this specific product is that it works on helping your hair shine, but it does so without leaving residue.
Many products for blonde hair make the hair shine but do so by leaving chemical residue, which doesn’t do your hair any favors. It can make it feel heavy and a little tough. You do not want that, and you don’t have to deal with that, thanks to this product. The formula even helps make your hair feel softer by trapping more moisture because of the proteins inside.
#4 John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Shampoo
- BRIGHTEN WITHOUT DRYING: John Frieda Go Blonder is a mild cleanser that gradually lightens for a visibly lighter, brighter, more sunlit shade of blonde
- ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder shampoo is formulated with our citrus and chamomile, and our BlondMend Technology
- SAFE FOR COLOR TREATED HAIR: John Frieda Sheer Blonde hair products have been developed for safe use on natural, color treated, or highlighted hair
The John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder shampoo is a great addition to this list that is typically affordable, too. Part of what makes this product great is it is a milder shampoo complete with things like bergamot and chamomile extract that are there to brighten your hair.
This shampoo helps when your hair has already suffered some discoloration, and it helps you regain your color without drying you out too much. It doesn’t work instantly, so make sure you are patient. You should know that there is no ammonia or peroxide in this shampoo, which is part of the reason it’s so mild.
#5 Drybar Blonde Ale Brightening Shampoo
- This shampoo enhances blonde tones, and contains deep purple pigments that cancel out warmth in blonde, gray, and white hair. Its gentle formula cleanses without drying out strands.
- Lemon Extract brightens highlights and preserves the integrity of the hair color.
- Chamomile Extract gently boosts blonde tones while increasing shine.
The Drybar Blonde Ale Brightening shampoo is a good option that smells great, thanks to the hints of ginger, mint, and sandalwood. Each wash is going to not only feel good for your hair but also invigorating since these scents are usually quite powerful. This product is known for its brightening power.
This is a great product for those who are dealing with some discoloration and are tired of products that give their hair a purple tint. You’ll be happy to learn that there are no parabens, sulfates, or phthalates to be found in this bottle of shampoo, and it’s cruelty-free.
#6 Matrix Total Results So Silver Shampoo
- Neutralizes unwanted brassy warmth
- Eliminates dull
- Illuminates highlights on blondes
The Matrix Total Results So Silver shampoo is the kind of shampoo you want if you love that silver blonde look.
The formal works on revitalizing your natural blonde color and actively fights the dullness some experience, thanks to that brassy tone you get sometimes. The product is safe to use even if you like to color your hair from time to time.
#7 Dphue Cool Blonde Shampoo
- Can be used on blonde, brunette or gray hair to cancel warmth. Sulfate and paraben free.
- Safe for color treated hair. Won't strip hair color, will just re-tone.
The Dphue Cool Blonde shampoo definitely belongs on this best shampoo for blonde hair list because of the protein and hibiscus flower extract in the formula. These are there to strengthen your hair. Those who keep dealing with breakage know how important it is to strengthen the hair, especially if you want it to grow. The formula also helps brighten your hair and improve your hair’s vibrancy. Sulfates and parabens are not present in this bottle, and this is another cruelty-free option for you.
#8 John Frieda Sheer Blonde Color Renew Tone Restoring Shampoo
- Neutralizes brassiness and unnatural tones in as few as three shampoos
- Color Correcting Technology and lavender extract revitalize and rebalance blonde tones and soften hair
- Specifically created for color-treated blonde hair
The John Frieda Sheer Blonde Color Renew Tone Restoring shampoo is a good addition to a list like this because it works to restore and renew your hair. This is mostly for those who are dealing with a brassy discoloration because of the sun. In essence, this formula is here to neutralize the brassiness of your hair, hopefully allowing your natural blonde color to peak out once again. The shampoo is mild because it comes with no ammonia or peroxide, so you can use it without worrying.
#9 Pravana the Perfect Blonde Shampoo
- No Sulfates - No Phthalates - Salt-Free - Paraben Free
- Apply a quarter size amount to wet hair. Lather and rinse well.
If you were looking for a shampoo that focuses on cleanliness and brightness, then you want to pay attention to Pravana the Perfect Blonde Shampoo. This is a good option because its formula still has UV protection and cleaning ingredients to leave your hair feeling super clean. It may take a moment to brighten you hair, but it should give you back that gloss you might have lost over time. You are not going to find sulfates here, but you’ll find keratin, wheat, and silk amino acids that give you some of the benefits just mentioned.
#10 R+Co Sunset Blvd Blonde Shampoo
- This luminizing shampoo makes the hair color shine even brighter-no salon touch-ups required
- An infusion of pantheon simultaneously conditions hair, adding body, shine, and smoothness for better manageability
- It is recommended for daily use
R+Co Sunset Blvd Blonde Shampoo may be the last one on this list of best shampoo for blonde hair, but it is a good one to add. It works great for those with hair that is relatively dry or coarse. It also works for those of who color-treat their hair often. It is important that you work this shampoo into your hair, all the way down to the roots. There are no parabens, surfaltes, petrolatum, meineral oils, or gluten in this bottle, and it’s cruelty-free.
Hopefully, you find a great shampoo for your blonde hair on this list. Most of these are modestly priced, so they shouldn’t take too large of a bite out of your bank account.