Now that you are pregnant, there are many decisions you have to make. One of them is to start using the best shampoo and conditioners for pregnancy. And yes, every woman needs one.
The thing is the type of food and drinks you consume daily won’t be the only thing that matters once you become pregnant.
You need to start using safe beauty products for the sake of your health and your unborn baby’s well being.
And, since we care so much about you and your unborn baby, we have decided to take an in-depth look at the ideal shampoos and conditioners for pregnancy that you can have.
The Best Shampoo and Conditioners for Pregnancy 2019
Pregnancy can cause little changes in a woman’s body. Your body produces extra hormones at this stage, which impacts the hair follicles and hair in general. You can expect the volume of your hair to increase.
Hair follicles also become thicker than they were. So, don’t be surprised when your scalp starts getting too oily. It’s just one of those things that happen when you are pregnant.
But using a shampoo and conditioner that contains harsh chemicals will do you and your baby no good. So, be careful what you apply to your skin or hair.
After research involving an in-depth look at the constituents of each product, safety concerns, performance and reputation of each brand, we discovered that these were the best shampoo and conditioners for pregnancy. Let’s u take a look at each of them.
Paul Mitchell Shampoo One
- Health and Beauty Product
- Professional Brand
- High Quality
- Paul Mitchell
- Ships within 3 days
Several factors make this Paul Mitchell Shampoo one of the best shampoo and conditioners for pregnancy. They are also the reason behind the product’s popularity and widespread use.
First, it is fragrance-free, which makes it ideal for pregnant women.
And as you know, estrogen, a pregnancy hormone increases when a woman is pregnant. It also heightens one’s sense of smell, too.
This hormone can even make a little scent to become more like an assault on your nostrils when you are pregnant. So it’s best to use a fragrance-free shampoo to avoid this.
Again, this shampoo seems to lather a bit better than others at this price point.
And with regard to safety concerns, there have not been any negative reports about this product so far. For the records, it does not contain sulfate and parabens, two dreadful ingredients that can cause harm to your delicate skin.
Another thing that makes this highly-rated shampoo for pregnancy a wise choice for women who are expecting is that it suits all skin types.
Klorane Ultra-Gentle Shampoo with Oat Milk
- Extra gentle cleansing
- Respects natural balance of scalp
- Suitable for the entire family
If we had the privilege to award a medal for top-performing shampoos of the year for pregnancy, the Klorane Ultra-Gentle would surely be acknowledged.
This shampoo has no trace of silicone or parabens. Hence it scores high regarding the safety of expecting mothers and their unborn baby.
It comes fortified with Oat milk, an ingredient capable of adding shine, smoothness and strength to your hair over time. You will even notice light and pleasant scent when you finish rinsing your hair with this shampoo.
However, the only drawback is the shampoo is quite expensive. But that is not deal- breaker because of the quality of ingredients in the formula.
It’s also quite suitable for individuals with pH issues. Plus it leaves one’s hair feeling super clean while eliminating excess oil on your scalp, thanks to the presence of Oat milk.
But then, you should consider using this shampoo together with the conditioner for better results.
Klorane Ultra-Gentle Conditioner with Oat Milk
- Adds radiance, lightness and volume
- Detangles and reduces static electricity
- Suitable for the entire family
This conditioner is one of the highly-rated products from Klorane. Their shampoo previously discussed works fine and is suitable for pregnancy.
So there is every tendency that the Ultra-Gentle Conditioner from the same company will toll the same line.
The first highlighted feature of this conditioner is its ingredients. The formula contains Oat milk, which helps to detangle hair, thus making it super easy to manage.
Oat milk also has proven softening and protective properties. It’s moisturizing and contains one of the popular hair vitamins, vitamin B, which supports healthy scalp and hair.
Oat milk also has potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it suitable for itchy, dry and irritated skin types.
Now moving away from Oat milk and its numerous benefits, the Klorane Ultra Gentle Conditioner is also safe for pregnant women. It is parabens and sulfates free, two dreadful constituents that can cause more harm than good.
However, this conditioner also has a neutral odor. And, you don’t need to apply too much to start seeing positive results. You can also combine it with the shampoo from Klorane too.
Klorane Shampoo with Peony
- Provides relief from scalp inching and irritation
- Soothes and comforts the scalp
- Suitable for dandruff-prone hair
- Provides relief from hair scalp itching and irritation^Soothes and comforts the scalp^Gentle cleansing base allows the scalp to regain its natural balance
If you are allergic to other shampoos and feel your hair is not always clean enough after washing, try the Klorane Shampoo with Peony.
This shampoo comes fortified with peony to give you relief from scalp irritation and itching. So, even if you are someone that has a sensitive scalp that is prone to flaking and redness, you will be comfortable using this shampoo on your scalp.
However, you will find that the scent that oozes out from the product’s bottle when you open it is quite strong. But the reverse is the case when you apply the shampoo on your hair and wash off.
You will notice a refreshing and light smell after rinsing that will not trouble your nostrils as other poorly made shampoos at this price point does.
This shampoo is also suitable for chemically treated hair. And it’s free of parabens and silicones. Instead, it contains a considerable amount of vitamin b5, which helps to promote healthy hair growth.
Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Shampoo & Conditioner
- Hang loose, because this salon formula, infused with sea kelp and coconut oil, will cleanse your hair without harsh sulfates and leave you feeling (and smelling!) like you just got to the shore!
- Rub a liberal amount between palms and massage throughout wet hair and scalp
- Rinse well and follow with Beach Babe Moisturizing Conditioner. Can be used daily for best results.
If your hair gets greasy or oily too quickly, then get your hands on this shampoo and conditioner.
Considered as one of the best shampoo and conditioners for pregnancy, this product comes fortified with proven ingredients that can work wonders when applied on your hair. And the thing is you don’t need to use too much of it to start seeing the result.
Just place a little on your palm and massage gently. Then apply on your wet hair and scalp for proper cleansing.
However, you should also consider using this shampoo daily for better result within a short time. And remember to apply the conditioner too, as it will help to moisturize your beautiful hair.
Among the numerous ingredients, this formula comes packed with coconut oil and sea kelp, two proven ingredients that are essential for better hair health.
Sea kelp has high iodine content, which helps to promote hair growth. It’s also a source of vitamin C, D, A, iron, B1, B12 and magnesium. Hence it would leave your hair and scalp well-nourished over time.
The sea kelp and coconut oil in this formula not only nourishes the scalp but strengthen ’one’s hair. These two products are also free from harmful chemicals, such as sulfates or parabens. So it’s safe for you and the baby you are carrying.
Joico Curl Cleansing Shampoo
- Joico for the love of beauty
- Curl cleansing shampoo
- Not tested on animals
If you want your curls to be softer and more defined after shampooing, then try the Joico Curl Nourished Conditioner on your hair.
This conditioner complements the Joico Shampoo early discussed. So you can combine both to offer weightless moisture to your wavy or curly hair.
With curl repair technology, this conditioner can nourish and fix your damaged locks. It also offers long-lasting frizz protection to your hair, while also enhancing its softness and shine.
For the records, the formula features a super-nourishing combination comprising of Babassu, avocado, and Camelina oil.
The avocado, a rich source of fatty amino acid, will coat your hair shaft, thus helping it to retain moisture for an extended period. It also offers vitamin D, B6, A, E and minerals such as copper, and iron, which are essential for healthy hairs.
So you will invariably be nourishing your scalp and hair while using this highly-rated conditioner. The scent is also neutral, and that makes it conducive for pregnant women, too.
Cleure Hypoallergenic Shampoo
- Our products are rated SAFE by EWG's Skin Deep. Cleure products are on the following verified list of being free of common irritants: American Contact Dermatitis Society, Safe Skin (in collaboration with Mayo Clinic), Duke Dermatology, other universities Dermatology Depts. Dr. Flora Stay, a well known wellness author and university professor, is the founder and developer of Cleure Products.
- For all hair types. Ideal for individuals that are sensitive to allergens and/or harsh ingredients, or simply want to use wholesome products that are clean and pure
- Volumizing and gentle. Adds shine and leaves hair feeling fuller. Moisturizes and cleans for healthy looking hair. Excellent for color treated hair
- Free of common irritating ingredients and unnecessary herbal fillers. Fragrance Free, Formaldehyde Free, Paraben Free, Salicylate Free, Gluten Free, Sulfate Free
- Cleure is the manufacturer of this product and is the ONLY authorized seller and distributor of ALL Cleure products
As the name suggests, this Cleure Shampoo is being dubbed as one of the best shampoo and conditioners for pregnancy. Why? Simply because it's suitable for individuals with highly sensitive skin. And whether you are pregnant or not, you can use it on your hair.
This formula does not have any trace of sulfates, parabens, herbal fillers, gluten, and formaldehyde. Another thing that sets this shampoo apart and makes it suitable for pregnant women is that it is fragrance-free.
The only drawback is that this shampoo does not lather nicely as others on this list. But after you apply and rewash your hair, the shampoo will start to foam a bit better.
Coco-glucoside, an eco-friendly surfactant, and cleansing agent, is one of the ingredients in this shampoo. It’s natural and suitable for all hair types, too.
The formula also contains glycerine, a natural humectant. And as you already know, humectants comprise of ingredients that attract moisture, which is what the glycerine in this formula does. It also promotes shiny, healthy and fast-growing hair.
Pharmaceutical Specialties Hair Shampoo
- Free of common chemical irritants such as dyes, fragrance, masking fragrance, lanolin, parabens, formaldehyde, formaldehyde releasers, and other preservatives.
- pH balanced. For all hair types.
- Cocamidopropyl betaine-free. Sulfate-free. Phosphate-free. Protein-free. Gluten-free.
- Dermatologist tested.
This fragrance-free shampoo is one of the highly-rated products on the market for obvious reasons. It has also undergone several lab tests in the hands of prominent dermatologists and proves to be safe for mothers to be.
One of the highlighted features of this Pharmaceutical Specialties Shampoo is that it is pH balanced and suitable for all hair types.
This formula is also sulfate-free, phosphate, protein and gluten-free. It does not have traces of preservatives or chemicals that can put you and the health of your unborn baby in jeopardy.
But if you want the best result, consider combining this shampoo with the
Pharmaceutical Specialities Free & clear conditioner. The shampoo will help to control your oily scalp and remove flaking, while the conditioner restores moisture and nourishes your locks.
However, if you have highly sensitive and dry skin, this shampoo will make a wise choice, too.
Maple Holistics Shampoo for Men & Women
- BEST DEGREASING SHAMPOO FOR OILY HAIR removes oil & grease build up on your scalp. Our natural clarifying treatment with lemon essential oil restores a healthy sebum & pH balance in your skin & hair.
- PURE MOISTURIZING DANDRUFF TREATMENT alleviates itch caused by germs on your scalp. Our jojoba rosemary formula hydrates hair follicles from the inside while protecting from environmental pollutants.
- HAIR STRENGTHENING SHAMPOO FOR OILY SCALP AND DANDRUFF cleans & minimize pores while improving circulation in the scalp. This alternative hair loss solution uses basil & cypress for healthy hair care.
- KERATIN THERAPY HAIR AND SCALP TREATMENT is extremely gentle & effective. Natural hair loss shampoo is safe paraben free & sulfate free. This dandruff shampoo is for men & women with sensitive skin.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – CLARIFYING SHAMPOO will remove excess oil from your hair leaving you with luscious locks that are voluminous & frizz free. It will leave your scalp itch free & highly nourished.
This shampoo comes fortified with natural ingredients that make it useful for dandruff treatment. It’s also suitable for people with sensitive skin, including men and women.
Being parabens and sulfates free is not the only highlighted features of the Maple Holistics Shampoo. It comes packed with proven natural ingredients such as lemon oil, basil oil, rosemary oil, and the peach kernel oil.
The lemon oil is well-known for lowering sebum in the scalp and rebalancing oil production. It also helps to address hair loss issues and can be superb for hair treatment when combined with rosemary.
This clarifying ingredient, lemon oil, has powerful microbial and antiseptic properties that make it quite useful for dandruff treatment. It also improves blood circulation and will help to strengthen your hair strands when used over time.
So, if you need a powerful degreasing shampoo for pregnancy, which is common during this stage, then you might not regret splashing the cash on this Maple Holistics Shampoo. You can even consider applying it on your husband’s hair to keep it dandruff free. So it’s worth the value for the money.
Being pregnant is something every woman looks forward to. But if you care so much for your unborn child and your health as well, then start using the right skin products, shampoos, and conditioners. Remember that using beauty products with harsh chemicals might not be suitable for your unborn baby’s well being.
With that in mind, we have handpicked some of the best shampoos and conditions for pregnancy. These products, as you can see, are free of harsh chemicals, fragrance and can work wonders when applied on your oily scalp and highly sensitive skin.
So now that we have taken out time to bring you highly-rated shampoos and conditioners for pregnancy, you can go ahead and make your choice from the list provided.