Hey, are your pillows always making you feel like you spent your entire night sleeping on a rock when you wake up? If you’re a combination sleeper and in the look out for the best pillows for combination sleepers, check out Ginger Haze’s reviews, so you’ll have some inside info before buying.
If yes, then it’s time to get a replacement. If you are a combination sleeper, a good quality combination pillow is what you need for better night rests.
People who change positions while sleeping at night are combination sleepers. And as a consequence, these types of sleepers need special pillows.
But identifying a suitable pillow for a combination sleeper can take much effort. There are tons of options out there, making it difficult for first-time buyers to make the right choice.
7 Best Pillows for Combination Sleepers
However, we have done all the homework. Here we handpicked the best pillows built for combination sleepers. After a series of in-depth research, considerations based on the materials used, comfortability, and build quality, among other features, we arrived at these best pillows for combination sleepers.
You should be able to make the right choice after going through this guide.
#1 Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Combination Pillow
- Shredded Style Combination Pressure Relieving Memory Foam Pillow That NEVER GOES FLAT! Doctor Created To Provide Proper Postural Support and Pressure Relieving Technology That SELF-ADAPTS TO ANY POSITION AND KEEPS YOUR SPINE IN PROPER POSTURAL ALIGNMENT. Also Works Great With CPAP Machines. FULLY MACHINE WASHABLE PILLOW!
- Now With Zipper Removable Outer Cover To Allow For Easy Adjustment of Thickness and Comfort. Conforming Shape Orthopedically Supports the Neck For Side, Stomach, & Back Sleepers. Our Kool-Flow Soft and Luxurious, Extra Breathable Micro-Vented Cover Made In The U.S.A. with 43% Viscose of Bamboo, 56.4 percent Polyester, .6 Percent Lycra KEEPS YOU COOL ALL NIGHT LONG!
- Making America's Best Pillows for over 18 Years, 2012 Audited and MADE IN USA CERTIFIED Bed Manufacturer Using Eco-Friendly Biogreen & Certipur-US Certified Foam.
The Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Combination Pillow is a top-quality pillow built for combination sleepers.
One amazing feature that sets this pillow apart is that it never loses its shape or fluff. You can also adjust the pillow to suit your taste.
But if you are unable to arrive at a comfortable loft, you can send it down to the company to get it done. Proper adjustment is necessary to avoid reoccurring neck pain or migraine.
Again, this Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo Shredded memory foam is machine Washable. So you will also have a clean pillow to rest your head every night.
The pillow comes built with quality materials with all of them being eco-friendly. You will not find a trace of ozone depleters, mercury, lead, or PBDE flame retardant that are dangerous to human health.
The exciting thing about this pillow is that you have nothing to lose. Snuggle-Pedic, the manufacturer has placed a 120-night return back guarantee on the pillow. And this means you can return the pillow within the 120-days window if you are not satisfied.
There is also a 20-years warranty on this pillow, which should strengthen your confidence about this pillow.
#2 WonderSleep Premium Adjustable Shredded Memory Pillow
- [SET OF 2 PILLOWS] Adjusted Comfort - Wondersleeps pillow features shredded memory foam filling that provides therapeutic relief for all sleepers. Add and/or remove foam filling to find the perfect comfort level and enjoy a personalized sleep experience.
- Safe and Sound - Featuring premium fabric to ensure your pillow stays cool and luxurious through the night. The pillow is made from 100% shredded memory foam, providing personalized support to your head, neck and shoulders, relieving pain and enhancing your sleep.
- Quality Materials - The pillow is wrapped in a breathable cover made up of 40% Viscose Rayon (via Bamboo) and 60% Polyester. It is dust resistant to provide users with undisturbed slumber. Also, the zippered cover and pillow are both machine washable.
Does your current pillow make you sweat or feel uncomfortable at night? If yes, then try something better. Upgrade to a well-built pillow such as the WonderSleep Premium pillow.
The WonderSleep Premium Adjustable pillow comes designed to keep you cool all night.
It has double layers, with the micro-fiber inner layer meant to keep the foam intact while the soft outer layer does the cooling. So your head won’t sweat no matter the condition or how long you spend on this pillow at night.
The only drawback is that this pillow comes with some new foam rubber smell, which might be repulsive to some users. But it is still not a deal-breaker because washing takes away any smell.
Impressively, this pillow is machine washable. And you can wash both covers with ease. The smell also won’t return after washing.
This pillow provides adequate neck and head support, allowing you to maintain the right posture even though you are a combination sleeper naturally.
You can customize or adjust it by adding or removing some foam. The aim is to have the perfect height or fluffiness.
WonderSleep also offers a one year guarantee, meant to cover any defect. So you can return the pillow if you feel that it doesn’t meet your specifications.
#3 Luxuredown White Goose Down Pillow
- Luxurious white goose down pillow
- 650 fill power, medium firm pillow
- Perfect for back and side sleepers
This pillow is a good pick for side and back sleepers.
You can sleep all night without waking up to a sagged pillow. There will also be no need for you to fluff at intervals at night as other poorly made pillows at this price point.
However, your head would sink a bit when you sleep on this pillow. But the pillow will pop up and retain its original shape immediately you stand up.
It offers a combination of softness for neck and head. You will also enjoy adequate support throughout your 6 or 8 hours night sleep.
Also, a pillow with higher fill power invariably has better insulation, bigger clusters, and high loft. It is also a good quality pillow by all standards.
A fill power of 650 – 850 is what quality down pillows should have. But a fill power ranging from 550 is on the low side.
Impressively, the Luxuredown White Goose Pillow comes designed with a 650 fill power. And this signifies it’s a good quality pillow that’s worth the price tag.
This hypoallergenic pillow is 100% cotton material and features a 330 thread count.
You will also find this pillow in standard, queen or even king sizes.
#4 Mastertex Down Alternative Bed Pillow
- 100% COTTON COVER - 300 Thread Count, They Are Truly Breathable and Does Not Retain Heat. Perfect Choice For Those Suffering From Asthma, Allergies.
- ULTRA SOFT FIBER FILL Down-Like Fiber Filling. Soft and fluffy - The Perfect Balance Between Firm and Squishy. 1.5" Gusset for Maximum Loft.
- MACHINE WASHABLE - Machine Wash on a Cool Setting. Fiber Will Stay In Place. Nice Designed Soft to Touch & Comfortable to sleep on. Finished With Satin Piping.
The Mastertex Down Alternative rank as one of the best pillows for combination sleepers.
It has side panels, instead of the usual top and bottom that other average bed pillows have.
That’s one reason this Mastertex pillow is capable of maintaining its shape. And it holds it better than most pillows at this price point.
Excitingly, the 1.5-inch gusset provides maximum loft, making the pillow more comfortable for combination sleepers to enjoy an uninterrupted night sleep.
So this pillow is a wise choice for the stomach, back, and side sleepers. Side sleepers with broader shoulders will also find this pillow comfortable.
The down-like fiber filling makes it a perfect match for users who are allergic to feathers.
It also features 100% cotton cover for improved breathability.
For better understand, pillow covers with thread counts of 200 to 400 is an excellent choice. Such covers are usually soft and comfortable.
Excitingly, this Mastertex pillow features a cotton cover with 300 thread count.
This pillow also comes with a plastic carrying case, which makes it easy to transport and store. Plus it is machine washable and has a 1-year warranty from the manufacturers.
#5 Coop Home Goods Eden Adjustable Pillow
- LOOK NO FURTHER, HOT SLEEPERS - Your search for the perfect pillow has come to an end. The Eden features our soft, gel-infused memory foam & microfiber fill blend for a cooler sleep experience and a gusseted design for edge-to-edge support.
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE TO YOU - Our unique adjustable design allows you to access the fill, which you can add or remove to suit your size and sleep position for healthy sleep posture. A good nights rest awaits.
- LUXURY FABRICS FOR A LUXURY EXPERIENCE - The case is made with Lulltra fabric, a blend of bamboo-derived viscose rayon and polyester that provides breathability and softness. Hypoallergenic & dust mite resistant, you can finally wake up refreshed.
The company, Coop Home Goods, is famous for manufacturing the best pillows for combination sleepers on the market. But this Eden Adjustable pillow is just out of this world.
It comes with extra fill for side sleepers. You can also adjust to suit your size or sleeping position.
The gel-infused shredded memory foam and micro-fiber filling in the Eden pillow both make sense. Little wonder this pillow is ranked as one of the coolest and most comfortable pillows on the market.
It takes the heat off your body, thus allowing you to enjoy a restorative and uninterrupted night sleep.
With the gusset edge, there will be no need to wake up in the middle of the night to fluff while you are supposed to be resting. This design option allows Eden to maintain its shape all through the night.
The pillow cover is another incredible addition to this Eden pillow. It comes designed with superior Lulltra fabric, which consists of polyester and bamboo-derived viscose rayon.
The perfect combination of luxury fabrics helps to enhance the breathability and comfort of the Eden pillow.
It is also dust mite resistant and hypoallergenic. And being cruelty-free makes it a perfect match for vegans, too.
#6 Beckham Hotel Gel Pillow, the Best Pillow for Combination Sleepers?
- SUPER PLUSH MATERIAL The Beckham Luxury Linens Gel-Filled Fiber Pillows are crafted in super plush gel fiber that puts all other standard pillows to shame! They are expertly tailored to ensure maximum comfort for any and all sleeping positions.
- NO-SHIFT CONSTRUCTION With their no-shift construction, our pillows are a fantastic place to rest your head. Theyre stylish, luxurious, and incredibly comfortable. Youll fall asleep fast, and stay asleep!
- DUST MITE, MOLD & MILDEW RESISTANT Our pillows are dust mite, mold, and mildew resistant! Additionally, they are completely allergen and chemical free. They are the perfect choice for those suffering from asthma, allergies, and other respiratory issues.
This Beckham Hotel Gel Pillow is not only suitable for combination sleepers. It is comfortable for those suffering from respiratory, asthmatic or allergies challenges.
It is mould, mildew, mite and dust mite resistant. So you can sleep peacefully every night and wake up feeling refreshed.
And if you usually feel hot and sweaty at night most times, the Beckham Hotel Gel Pillow will enable you to sleep better. It comes with 100% gel fiber that absorbs and retains body heat.
So the layer of cooling gel in this pillow will keep you from feeling restless at night or sticky in the morning.
This gel pillow’s cushy feel and softness are similar to the down pillow. But it also offers unmatched support.
The thing is you can easily mold the gel pillow to offer the needed support. If you are a side sleeper, this pillow will help to align your spine, and that’s not all.
It will alleviate pressure points along regions like your back, neck, and shoulders. This pillow is easy to maintain. You do not have to shake or fluff to maintain its loft.
It also features a breathable fill that is machine washable. And being stain and fade resistant also set this pillow apart. When you wash, it will come out looking new and more attractive.
The company, Beckham Luxury Linens, also placed a 30-day money-back guarantee on this pillow. It’s their way of letting potential users know how much they trust their product.
But if you are unsatisfied with the pillow before the 30-day satisfaction guarantee window closes, you can request a refund.
#7 UTTU Sandwich Adjustable Pillow
- ADJUSTABLE LOFT - The pillow is 4.7in (high contour) and 3.9in (low contour) originally, remove the middle memory foam layer you get 3.5in (high contour) and 2.8in (low contour).
- PRESSURE RELIEF - Made with UTTU DYNAMIC FOAM, which conforms to the natural curve of your body and supports your head and neck to ensure comfort.
- NEVER BECOMES HARD - We used UTTU DYNAMIC FOAM, which never gets hard in cold weather. Unlike most memory foams on the market, it remains consistent firmness and comfortable feel all year.
The fact that this pillow is easy to adjust is a noteworthy feature. It makes it suitable for back, side and stomach sleepers.
To adjust the pillow, start by unzipping it. Then gently take off the Middle memory foam layer.
After adjusting the pillow, the high contour side will reduce from its original 4.7 inches to 3.9 inches while the lower side goes from 3.5 inches to 2.8 inches.
But then, you should be comfortable sleeping on the pillow after the adjustment. That’s what is most important.
Excitingly, this pillow has passed the CertiPUR-US, OEKO-TEX and ISPA tests. And the test is basically to evaluate the performance, durability, and quality of the material.
Another thing is the pillow doesn’t contain harmful or toxic chemicals.
There is also a 96-night satisfaction guarantee, which gives you the option to return if you are not satisfied with your purchase within this period. You will have a full refund during this period.
So you can see that you have nothing to lose. The reason is that 96-night is enough for anyone to make the right decision regarding the suitability of this pillow.
The company also offers a 5-year warranty, but it’s basically on quality-related defects. It’s arguably one of the best pillows for combination sleepers to date!
Benefits of Sleeping on a Combination Pillow
Combination sleepers usually change from one position to another throughout the night. They become stomach sleepers, side sleepers or back sleepers, all in one night.
But regardless of the sleeping position, a supportive combination pillow will help you to sleep better. You will also notice positive improvements in your health when you sleep on a good quality combination pillow.
Here are some incredible benefits of using a good quality combination pillow.
· Less neck pain issues
Combine pillows offer proper neck support and cause the spine to align correctly. So when you sleep on such pillows, you will likely not hold your neck in pains when you wake up.
But then, you have to choose a pillow that is not too firm, soft or has an appropriate loft. An adjustable pillow will solve the loft issue. At least, you can adjust at will to suit the demand of your sleeping positions.
· Reduces snoring
Snoring can make sleeping at night difficult. The noise from one’s snores forces them to wake up at night. You might also find yourself disturbing others around you. Snoring can make you feel exhausted when you wake up in the morning because of the poor quality sleep you had. But a good quality pillow can turn things around.
These pillows cradle the chin and neck, thus clearing your airways so there won’t need to snore. And this translates into good quality night rests which you require to look sharp, and mentally alert in the morning as you prepare for the day’s job.
· Adequate support for the spine
A good quality combination pillow comes designed with adequate firmness. What this means is that such pillows are firm enough to support the spine. And this eliminates any form of a back problem that may result.
So if you are a combination sleeper, choosing a stomach sleeper pillow is not a wise decision. When you sleep with your side, your neck will become lower. And this can result in back pain or discomfort because you will find yourself pressing too much on your fragile shoulders.
However, what you need to avoid back pain is the best quality combination pillow. It will make you sleeper better and put a stop to back pain.
· Sleep in any position you want
The combination pillows are designed to suit the sleeping pattern of combination sleepers. In other words, it gives them a license to assume any position while sleeping, without developing back pain, neck pain or tired body when they wake up in the morning.
Factors to Consider Before Choosing a Combination Pillow
Read this before you splash the cash on any combination pillow! You will be able to identify what you really should get to sleep better.
You see, the options are endless, and many of them look attractive. But being attractive isn’t one of the features you should consider. Here are factors to consider before splashing the cash on a combination pillow.
- Warranty offered
Placing a warrantee on a pillow shows how confident the manufacturer is. No producer would dare to set a lengthy satisfaction guarantee on a poorly made product.
So check that the pillow has a pretty lengthy warranty if you are not convinced that the pillow would perform as claimed. The warranty should be long enough to allow you to test and make a decision on the pillow.
The pillow cover is also essential. But the simple advice is to choose one that has higher TC (thread count). High-quality pillows have thread counts of 300 and above. These pillows usually are soft and comfortable for combination sleepers. The spaces between the threads are also tight enough to prevent dirt and impurities from entering inside the pillow.
- Ease of maintenance
A pillow that forces you to wake up at night to fluff is not a wise choice. You won’t enjoy good night rests sleeping on such pillows. So choose a pillow that is capable of holding its fluffiness through the night. Such pillows will let you sleep with both eyes closed. You will also wake up feeling refreshed, not the other way round.
And still, on ease of maintenance, a machine-washable pillow will make an excellent choice.
- Materials – fill and cover
The material used is also relevant. If you are an allergy sufferer, a hypoallergenic pillow will be a wise choice. You should also consider pillows that come designed with breathable materials and allows proper air circulation to keep you from getting sweaty at night.
A feather pillow is not conducive to people who are allergic to feathers. So pay attention to this before you splash the cash. You should also ensure that the pillow is free of harmful or toxic chemicals that can affect one’s health.
Sleep is as essential as the food we consume, if not even more. We spend one-third of our lives sleeping. However, when you get good quality and uninterrupted night rests, your health will likely improve.
So get the right pillow to start enjoying your night rests. If you are a combination sleeper, what you need is the best combination pillows. They will enable you to sleep comfortably and wake up sharp and energized.
You can go through the list of options here and make your choice.