If you are desperate to find the best foot and calf massager, then you are in the right place.
Our feet are the most overworked but underappreciated parts of the body.
Daily, an average individual sometimes takes between 8000 to 10,000 steps.
But the bones in these areas are the ones feeling the brunt. They experience wear and tears daily more than most of us thinks.
Unless one is bedridden, you certainly will make use of your feet every single day. So why not care for them the same way you pamper other parts of your body?
Research has also shown that humans have more nerve ending in the feet than other areas of the body. But the right foot has more nerve ending than the left one.
So you can see that your feet are a gateway to your whole nervous system, which tells you just how much they can affect your well being.
A visit to a massage therapist would be great, but our busy lives and the cumulative cost involved make it almost impossible.
So, the cost-effective and best way to pamper your feet and calves is to get a personal massager. And excitingly, we have identified the best foot and calf massagers out there for better massage experience and value for your money.
At the end of this review and buying guide, you should be able to make a better choice.
Shiatsu Foot & Calf Massager – Kneading, Heating & Rolling Functions
- Multifunctional massager features with shiatsu massage, kneading massage, rolling, vibration and heating function. It can provide 360 degree all cover massage. The massager can also make you leg beautiful if using it often.
- Ergonomically design targets the sensitive points of calf region and soles of feet the reflecting characters of the complicated nerve system. Infrared physical therapy that can improve metabolism and blood circulation.
- Automatic massage program provides kneading, rolling, vibration & massaging combinations to give reflexology therapies to different human's organs. Pressure nodes located under the soles of your feet stimulate the vital reflexology pressure points. Improves blood circulation.
- For custom working options, foot massage and calf massage can work independently. You can choose either one or both of them. 3 modes of foot massage and 3 intensity of calf massage can be chosen.
- Operates it by handy touch-panel control on the unit or a remote control. Available in a Velour, New MicroSuede Fabric. The detachable fabric foot covers for easy cleaning. 110V 60 Hz. Power assumption: 80 watts. UL listed. One year warranty.
This Shiatsu Foot & Calf Massager will make you stop seeing your massage therapist.
It is well-built and comes designed to offer a better massage experience.
Excitingly, you can also unzip and take off the inner fabric of this massager, and this makes it easier to maintain. So you will always have a clean massager to place your feet because of the ease of maintenance.
This Shiatsu foot and calf massager comes built for convenience and to offer optimal performance. It uses a handy remote control or touch-panel control option that is simple to operate manually.
The ergonomic design is also a noteworthy feature on its own. It will enable this massager to activate your joints to offer you better relaxation and relief from stress or even pains.
We mentioned earlier that the feet have more nerve ending than any other part of the body. So, physical stress can take a toll on your feet. And this comes as excessive wear of the skin and nails.
However, this shiatsu massage machine simulates the hands and offers something similar to the professional touch of a massage therapist. It will massage your leg from the inside out to free tension in sensitive areas like the nerve.
The kneading action, on the other hand, makes this device capable of penetrating the inner contour of one’s body to provide long-lasting relief.
So, if you are looking for a powerful device that can massage sensitive areas of your feet satisfactorily, you can try this Shiatsu foot and calf massager.
This device is powerful enough to calm inflammation on the thighs, feet and even calves. But the only concern is that if your calf size is huge, it would seem a bit tight for you. But it won’t be tight enough to cause any discomfort.
Human Touch Reflex 4 Shiatsu Massager
- PATENTED FIGURE-8 TECHNOLOGY. Completely surrounds the feet and calves to deliver a fluid, highly effect massage that emulates the expert hands and techniques of highly trained massage therapists
- STIMULATING UNDER-FOOT REFLEXOLOGY ROLLERS. Powerful rollers just under the feet provide a robust massage to relieve soles and heels
- Calf Massage Width - 4.5 inch. Calf Massage Height - 12 inch. Operating Voltage : AC110-120V 60 Hz. Power Consumption : 52 Watts
- Non-Skid Floor Protectors. Floor protectors keep unit in place and ensure quiet operation.
- ERGONOMIC STYLING. Enhanced tilt angle perfectly matches the body's ergonomics for maximum comfort. The sleek, modern, and compact unit has been stylishly designed to provide superior and effective relief at home or work.
The Reflex 4 is a top brand, one that will make you seem like you have a licensed therapist in your office or home 24 hours of the day.
This device comes built with superior underfoot massage rollers that performances incredibly well. They will help to ensure round the clock relief to your calf.
The Human Touch 4 differs from other cheaply-made massagers out there. Those poor quality massagers come with rollers that only vibrate. But the Reflex 4 comes with reasonable size ball bearings that will respond well to the bottom of your feet.
Another impressive thing about this device is its calmness. It works quietly, and because of that, you can begin a foot or calf massage anytime, even at night hours without disturbing others around you.
The only drawback, which most people might frown at, is that the device doesn’t have a remote control. The only way you can operate it is through the manual control option, which is also quite simple. It’s just that some people enjoy the convenience that the remote control option offers.
This device will also be of great value to many categories of people, including long haul drivers and those who stand for hours working. It can relieve any discomfort you might be experiencing in your foot or calf region within a twinkling of an eye.
It features a patented figure-eight and cirQlation technology, which improves blood flow from the feet to other parts of the body.
And as a consequence, fresh nutrients can easily escape to your calves and feet area to help speed up the healing of damaged muscles and liberate you from stress.
The adjustable tilt also makes this device convenient to use. In this case, you can easily adjust the massager to any angle you want.
The calf openings are also 5 inches wide. So even if you have a wider calf, your legs will fit into this device without stress or any discomfort.
Therasqueeze Foot & Calf Massager by Brookstone
- Upgraded design is larger and wider to allow more room for your legs and feet
- Dynamic Squeeze air chambers on the foot and calf rhythmically expand and contract to help increase circulation (and it feels wonderful!)
- Rolling massage nodes help loosen and rejuvenate tired calf muscles and stimulate the reflexology zones under the feet
Comfort and performance are two things that set the Therasqueeze massager apart.
And if your legs or feet seem too big for other massagers, there is a great chance that you might be comfortable in this Therasqueeze foot & calf massager.
But having a great size is not the only impressive feature this device has. It is multi functional and does what other massagers at this price point can’t.
First, it will help to massage your thighs down to your sore calves and feet.
The only primary concern of this massaging device is the weight. It weighs around 48 pounds, which could be a big concern for people who have trouble lifting heavy objects.
However, you can address this problem with ease; it’s not a deal-breaker by any means. Just get a space in your office or home where you can store the machine permanently. And that’s it.
Excitingly, this device works like a charm for people with sore calf muscles, owing to its built quality and features. Its deep-kneading massage rollers help to stimulate reflexology points at the bottom of the feet thoroughly.
Hence, this massager does not only relieve you of tension but can help to soothe your injured calf muscles.
Also, the ergonomic design lets you sit comfortably on your sofa while the device provides a thorough massage targeted at your entire lower limb.
Another fantastic thing is that you get to choose from 4 different automatic programs on this device. One is the two-foot and calf massage programs. The others are the foot only or calf only massage options.
So you can decide to massage either your calves or feet simultaneously or separately. The choice is yours to make.
The device also comes built with 3 different squeeze intensity levels such as low, medium and high intensity for better massage experience and to meet your needs.
So you have to choose the most suitable intensity levels to accelerate muscle recovery, improve circulation or achieve other benefits that a top-quality foot and calf massage offers.
UComfy Foot, Leg, Ankle and Calf Massager
- Specifically designed to massage your feet, ankle and calves all at the same time
- Combination of kneading and vibratory actions provides relaxing and revitalizing massage experience
- Pressure nodes located under your feet stimulate the reflex points on the soles of your feet
- Adjustable tilt angle for easy and comfortable seating position, 16.5 x 17 x 16-Inch,
- Weighs 30-Pounds, includes two removable fabric covers for easy cleaning, 1-year warranty
This UComfy Massager is not only popular but well-made. It is also one of the few massagers that are common in beauty salons.
The device comes built with quality materials and is sturdy enough to withstand the heavy demands when used commercially. So there is no doubt that it will perform well if you use it for private purpose.
It comes designed with superior ABS plastic material and nylon. The rubber stand, on the other hand, also does a great job. It keeps the device firmly in one place so you can relax your body and enjoy your massage sessions.
A perfect combination of kneading action and vibration from this massager will help to improve circulation and invariably increase the amount of blood that gets to the affected parts of your body.
Again, the ease of cleaning is another highlighted feature of this device. It has two fabric covers which you can remove without stress whenever you feel like washing your massager.
So you will always have a clean and healthy massager to massage your lower limbs so you won’t compromise your foot hygiene. The device also comes designed to massage the calf, leg and feet simultaneously and thoroughly.
The auto shut off technology is another noteworthy feature designed to enhance the lifespan of the device. It causes it to shut down completely whenever the massager remains idle for at least 15 minutes.
There are also three-speed and intensity settings so you can dictate the progress of your massage sessions.
What’s more, the control panel makes this device super easy to operate. But keep in mind that it only has manual control, no remote control system.
And talking about weight, this UComfy Massager is not that heavy. It weighs around 30 pounds, so it’s a breeze to carry around without stress.
There is also a one year warranty slapped on this device, which shows how much confidence UComfy, the manufacturer has for this massager.
Human Touch Reflex Soothe Foot & Calf Massager
- Refreshes and invigorates sore muscles, while circulating blood from the' toward the core of the body, delivering the wellness benefits of improved circulation
- Powerful rollers under the' provide a robust reflexology massage to the Sole and heel
- Easy tilt bar Unfolds for perfect tilt angle
- Material: Polyurethane
- Country of Origin: China
This Human Touch Reflex Soothe massager might not be strong enough for commercial purpose. But you will most likely be satisfied using it for personal purpose.
Impressively, this device is less aggressive than most massagers at this price range. But then, it still puts up an outstanding performance.
This device also comes fitted with sturdy and well-stationed rollers to give the heel and sole of your feet a better reflexology massage.
And, as you already know, reflexology stimulates the nerve functions that help boost your body’s energy levels, prevent migraine, sleeping disorders, circulation, as well as depression.
Again, the adjustable tilt base on this device is perfect for improved massage experience. It let you position your body in the best massage angle possible to get incredible results during every massage session
And regarding weight, this device weighs just 22 pounds. Hence it is quite easy to transport. So even if you have problems lifting weighty objects, you won’t have issues lifting this massage device.
The lightweight makes it possible to move and store the device in any location you have in mind.
That said if you are seeking a massager that can revitalize your sore muscles, then this Human Touch Reflex Soothe is a wise choice.
It features the patented figure-eight technology that tries to mimic the hands of a licensed massage therapist, which is something remarkable about the device.
How to Choose a Suitable Foot and Calf Massager
Well, we have provided an in-depth review of the best foot and calf massagers on the market. But this section is going to guide you in making the right decision. You see, we all have our unique needs. And finding the ideal massager can help solve the problem.
There are myriads of foot and calf massagers out there with each claiming to be the best while they are far from the best. However, if you want to make the right choice, there are a few key points you need to consider. Let’s dive into them one after the other.
1. Know Your budget
How much are you willing to spend on a quality foot and calf massager? That’s one big question you need to ask yourself before making your final decision.
The price of massagers differs from one brand to another. And as the price varies, so are their features and performances. But the most important thing is finding the best deal, meaning to splash the cash on a device that won’t leave a hole in your wallet.
But above all, a foot and calf massager is a good investment if you consider the cost of visiting a massage therapist as often as you do. However, if you are going to use your massager often or have a large family, you are going to need a high-end massager. And that means you have to increase your budget but not break the bank to land a quality massager. There are also mid-range and low-end massagers, with the latter usually cheaply made.
2. State of Health
Having quality foot and calf massager at home or office can be a blessing to you and your loved ones. Forget the fact that you will save a lot of money. If you have certain health conditions, regular massage can help to improve your health drastically.
But your state of health can give you a clue on the ideal machine to get. For instance, through vibrations from massage machines, individuals who had joint pain, muscle tension or issues with circulation as a result of diabetes, became better. The device helps to promote blood flow, which can ease the pain.
Another important thing is to decide whether to use a foot and calf massager or not. In this case, you can discuss with your doctor or a health practitioner to know the right decision to take. Don’t just assume you will be better off using a massager. Confirm with a health professional. If there is also a special massager for your condition, the health
professional will help to guide you on that.
3. Features and Functionality
You can see from the review above that no two massaging devices are the same in terms of price and features. The only critical thing you will notice is that some of the features are quite similar. But the massagers vary based on how they function and their features.
So before you splash the cash on a foot and calf massager, find out if that product has the feature or functionality you seek. Should your preferred massager have a remote control? Or should there be heating technology? These are questions that can help make a better choice.
However, you will find individual features and functionality of each product in the review section to help you make the best choice. But the key factor to consider is how the features your massager of choice has can benefit you. Your health and well being should be the main focal point when choosing a massager and nothing else.
4. Special Reason for Buying
We all have our motives for taking certain decisions in life. And that applies to a foot and calf massager. You need to ask yourself, “Why do I need to acquire this foot and calf massager?” Is it basically to reduce or eliminate constant pains, stress or discomfort? Should I get one to relieve depression, improve sleep or heal my calf through enhanced blood circulation and better massages? These are critical questions to ask.
If you are buying the massager for a specific purpose, ensure that the device has all the features or functionality you seek.
5. Weight & Size
Not a deal-breaker though, but heavy foot and calf massagers are a bit difficult to move around. But the lightweight brands are quite easy to transport from one place to another, and you can store them anywhere. But the heavy foot and calf massagers will remain in one spot.
Attempting to lift such weighty massagers can cause problems for you. So consider a lightweight brand that you can move around. But keep in mind that the weight adds a form of balance to those bulky massagers. And as a consequence, when you insert your feet into the device, it will remain firmly in place.
Another important thing is to get a machine with an adjustable tilt base. That way, you can position your body at any angle and still enjoy incredible massage experience.
6. Ease of Use
The ease of use is also a critical factor to consider. Everyone needs a device that will not be torn on the flesh to use or wash. So, if you enjoy having a neat foot and calf massager at your beck and call, then consider getting a massager that comes with removable fabrics.
Most massagers come with remote control options while others have the manual control option. So if you like the convenience that using a remote control system brings, then you should get a device that uses the remote control option. But you will still enjoy using massagers with a user-friendly interface and manual control panel.
Your only concern when buying a massager that uses a manual control option should be the positioning of the controls. Ensure they come placed in a manner that you can easily.
Incredible Benefits that Foot and Calf Massager Offers
Foot and calf massager provides numerous benefits that you shouldn’t ignore. A proper massage in areas such as the sole of your feet, calf, leg and thigh can improve your overall health.
So without much ado, here are incredible benefits of massaging your feet and calves.
- Benefits the skin of your feet: Foot massage not only increases the temperature but blood flow to areas such as the connective tissues beneath your skin. (1). In addition to blood flow, studies have also shown that it increases lymphatic drainage.
- Manages depression: According to a study, foot massage, though not a cure, can address both social and biological triggers of depression and anxiety. It decreases stress and boosts endorphins. (2) (3)
- Reduces joint pain: Joint pain can result from post-injury pain, stiffness or even arthritis. But you can relieve the pain with a proper foot massage. The massage focuses more attention on tension areas. The foot massage also relaxes muscles around those joints and massages the connective tissues that keep the joints in place to bring relief. (4)
- Reduces the severity of headaches & migraines: extreme tiredness, stress, infections, and illness are all culprits of headache and migraines. But research has shown that foot massage can reduce the severity and length of both conditions. (5)
- Manages muscle soreness: Our feet face numerous abuses daily, so there is a chance we might develop muscle soreness more often than expected. But a foot massage can help to address this condition. It also reduces post-exercise pain that bodybuilders experience (6). The same result was obtained for marathon runners. (7)
- Maintains healthy heart rate: A foot massage has been shown to have an incredible impact on heart rate. In other words, it can decrease one’s heart rate.
It’s time to put an end to stress and start enjoying your life. You can say stress is inevitable, but you can manage it with the help of the best foot and calf massager. A quality foot and calf massage can help you maintain normal heart rate, relieve muscle soreness, manage depression, reduce headaches and more.
Overall, this device can help to boost your health and mood. Isn’t that what you want? Anyway, the good thing is that we have provided reviews of top-rated foot and calf massages on the market. All that is left is for you to make your choice.
Links to Studies