Acne and breakouts are extremely frustrating on their own, but the scars they leave behind can be even worse. Acne scars are usually the result of blemishes caused by skin pores packed with dirt, oils, bacteria, and dead skin cells. When the skin pore begins to swell, it causes a break in the follicle wall. Then, the body attempts to repair these lesions through forming new collagen fibers, sometimes in excess. When the body produces too much extra collagen, it can leave marks such as raised bumps on the surface of the skin. These are known as acne scars. Acne scars can thankfully be treated in a variety of ways. One of the most popular and inexpensive treatments is the use of face masks. Let’s take a look at the best face mask for acne scars.
There are many to choose from, and you can buy them from a store or make your own! Acne scars are usually difficult to get rid of and require a lot of patience and diligence, however, if you use one of these masks, you will likely see good results. Before trying any of these masks, consult your dermatologist and make sure the texture on your skin is caused by acne scarring and not some other condition. Also, ask to make sure these face masks do not interact with any medications you are currently taking. This list has detailed some of the most popular face masks for treating this condition. Hopefully, this will give you some insight in choosing the best face mask for acne scars.
7 Best Face Mask for Acne Scars
#1 REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
This face mask by REN is a cult-favorite peel mask renown for its potent active complex which is able to renew and refine your skin. This makes it perfect for treating acne scars because it treats dull and uneven skin, uneven skin tone, and lost firmness and elasticity.
This cruelty free, gluten free, and noncomedogenic product is a cocktail of several specially chosen ingredients. The four alpha hydroxy acids in this product help to gently exfoliate the skin, refine skin texture, and remove dead skin cells for a rejuvenated glow. This is thanks to glycolic acid obtained from pineapples, lactic acid from passion fruit, citric acid from lemons, tartaric acid from grapes, and papain from papayas. This cocktail of products allows dead skin cells to be gently dissolved and supports natural collagen production. Use of this mask can improve skin tone, texture, and radiance all while simultaneously minimizing the appearance of pores and healing acne scars.
To use this mask, gently apply a thin layer to your face and neck once a week, avoiding the eye and mouth area. Leave the mask on for 10 minutes. It is normal to feel a tingling sensation during this process as it means the product is working! When the time is up, dampen a washcloth with warm water and wipe the product off. Rinse your skin with warm water and enjoy the benefits that this best face mask for acne scars will bring you!
#2 Glamglow Flashmud Brightening Treatment
- combination of skin translucency optimizers featuring 3 levels of exfoliation to drive ingredients into the skin for luminous younger looking skin.
Glamglow’s Flashmud face mask is perfect for all skin types and is a multi-targeted brightening treatment that promotes radiant and smooth skin. Flashmud includes salicylic acid, lactic acid, betulinic acid, ellagic acid, and vitamin C to create an even skin tone and texture. In addition to this, Glamglow includes two of their trademarked complexes, flashlucent and reflectrum. Flashlucent is a combination of skin translucency optimizers and exfoliants for younger looking skin while reflectrum is a blend of brightening ingredients boosted with diamond photoluminescence. Flashmud is formulated without sulfates, parabens, and phtalates, so you can be confident you are giving your skin the care it needs without the addition of harmful chemicals. According to research conducted on 100 people by Glamglow, after 3 uses, 89% of people said that it improved skin tone and boosted radiance. After 9 uses, this number jumped to a whopping 97% of people.
To use this product, apply a small amount to your fingertips and massage into a dry face to pre-exfoliate and increase product absorption. Leave the product on for 20 minutes and notice how the mask starts to turn more and more translucent as its ingredients are absorbed into the skin. Wash the product off with warm water. For dramatic results, use this best face mask for acne scars three days in a row and then continue to use it two to three times a week to maintain these results. In addition, make sure to use proper sun protection as exposure to harmful UV rays can reverse your results.
#3 Revive Science Detox and Rebalance Face Mask
- Detoxifying Face Mask - A powerful combination of Activated Charcoal, Kaolin Clay, Pink Clay, Blue Clay works as an all over facial mask or acne spot treatment to help pull out impurities from your pores, leaving your skin clean and radiant.
- Hydrate & Cleanse - This hydrating face mask nourishes and helps retain moisture. While most masks tend to dry out your skin, Revive Science combines the cleansing power of clays and Activated Charcoal to cleanse to naturally moisturize. & even skin texture.
- Activated Charcoal Mask - The perfect detox mask, with Activated Charcoal allows skin to maintain an even tone with pore cleansing ingredients.
This detoxifying face mask is a powerful blend of ingredients such as activated charcoal, kaolin clay, pink clay, blue clay, and lecithin to help remove impurities from your skin. This multitasking mask is perfect for use as an all over mask or as an acne spot treatment. It also treats skin without over drying it, thanks to lethcithin, a humectant which helps nourish the skin and retain its moisture. This blend of powerful ingredients not only cleanses the skin, but moisturizes and exfoliates it as well to promote even skin texture. This mask is ideal for both men and women and can be used on all skin types including normal, oily, dry, and acne prone. The Revive Science Detox and Rebalance Face Mask is proudly made in the USA and is also contains no GMOs, parabens, talc, and sulfates, all while being cruelty free.
To use this product, apply an even layer to clean, dry skin avoiding the eye and mouth areas. Leave on for 10 to 20 minutes and remove with warm water. Repeat this regimen twice a week for the best results.
#4 Pure Biology Clay Face Mask
- Clay Face Mask – Packed with Bentonite Clay, Kaolin Clay, Retinol, Vitamin B, C, E and natural Alpha Hydroxy Acids, this clay mask adds proprietary complexes clinically shown to deliver the most potent detoxifying benefits among non-RX grade cosmetic skin care products.*
- Detoxify & Brighten – Gentle for even sensitive & acne prone skin, this bentonite clay mask gently exfoliates and minimizes pores, reducing inflammation allowing skin to heal quickly.* Helps dark spots and acne scars.*
- Soothe & Protect – Collagen and Vitamin C help reduce UV damage and protect from free radicals.* Vitamin B has anti aging, anti-inflammatory properties to help soothe red, irritated skin and improve hydration and elasticity to even skin complexion.*
This antioxidant face mask is formulated to purify, cleanse, and brighten the skin. It is packed with bentonite clay, kaolin clay, retinol, vitamins B, C, and E, and natural alpha hydroxy acids. This mask is gentle on sensitive and acne prone skin and gently exfoliates and detoxifies to reduce inflammation and allow the skin to speed up its healing process. As a consequence, one can expect this mask to lighten any dark spots and heal acne scars. Collagen and Vitamin C featured in this product help reduce damaged from harmful UV rays and helps soothe irritated skin by promoting hydration and elasticity. Additional ingredients such as retinol and pea extract help to reduce fine lines and mitigate the overproduction of melanin caused by sun damage. This mask can be used by both men and women and is free of GMOs and parabens while remaining cruelty free.
To use this face mask, apply a small amount of the product to your finger tips and massage into your skin until it is coated in a thin layer. Let the product dry for 20 minutes and wash it off with warm water. While the product is drying, it is normal to feel a tightening sensation. This means that the product is working!
#5 Superfood Marine Clay Mask
- Deep Cleansing Mask! Smooth and glowing skin is every woman's dream. We are pleased to offer you a clay mask that is dermatologically certified, hydrating, and rich in natural superfoods. It will cleanse your skin without causing irritation or burns.
- Detoxifies! Our herbal healing clay mask detoxifies and purifies the skin, and leaves your skin hydrated and perfectly moisturized. Please wash off the mask after not more than 10-15 minutes of daily use.
- Why Our Clay Facial Mask? Plantifique's dead sea mud mask has been formulated with a unique combination of 7 natural herbs. Its natural ingredients and pleasant smell will rejuvenate, refresh, and moisturize your skin!
This best face mask for acne scars is a deep cleansing mask perfect for cleansing the skin and minimizing pores while still remaining gentle even on sensitive skin. The Superfood Marine Clay Mask has been formulated with a unique combination of 8 natural ingredients including sea silt, green tea, kale leaves, spinach, aloe vera, avocado, spirulina, and calendula. This combination of ultra powerful super foods deeply cleanses the skin, tightens pores, fights against DNA damage caused by UV rays, and maintains collagen levels. In addition, powerful enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and photonutrients found in some of these ingredients will leave your skin aglow and improve the elasticity of your skin. Finally, Omega-2 fatty acids, amino acids, salicylic acid, and vitamins A, D, and E help nourish the skin and diminish the visibility of scars and acne. A lot of the ingredients featured in this mask have naturally occurring antibacterial properties as well, allowing bacteria which may otherwise cause a breakout to be stripped from your pores. This mask is perfect for men and women and can be used on all skin types including dry, sensitive, and acne prone.
To use this mask, cleanse your face and apply a warm, damp towel for one minute to open your pores. This increases product absorption, allowing for better results. With your fingertips, apply a thin to medium layer of this mask to your face and neck, avoiding the eye and mouth area. Keep the mask on for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse off with warm water. Follow use of the mask up with applying your favorite moisturizer and serum for optimal results. I you have oily to combination skin, it is recommended that you use the mask 2 to 4 times a week. If your skin is dry or sensitive, it is best that you use the mask 1 to 2 times a week.
#6 Sand & Sky Australian Pink Clay Porefining Face Mask
- WORLDWIDE BEST SELLER. SOCIAL MEDIA SENSATION. It’s the face mask that the internet is freaking out over. The multi award-winning Sand & Sky Australian Pink Clay face mask detoxifies, brightens and minimizes the appearance of pores in just 10 minutes.
- THE ORIGINAL AUSTRALIAN PINK CLAY MASK. It’s why over 500,000 people swear by Sand & Sky. Our hero ingredient- Australian Pink Clay is a magnet for toxins and deeply cleanses the skin. It will tighten pores right before your eyes leaving your skin clear detoxified, bright and glowing.
- FREE APPLICATOR BRUSH. The cute Sand & Sky silky-soft applicator brush helps get the most out of your mask by giving you even coverage and limiting product waste. Our Sand & Sky facial mask is full of active ingredients so it’s normal to feel a slight tingle. This tingle means the natural ingredients are working to unclog those pores and supercharge your glow!
This mask if perfect for people that do not have a lot of time on their hands, as it can help deeply detoxify your skin and refine pores in just 10 minutes! Thanks to ingredients such as Australian pink clay, kelp, witch hazel, mangosteen, pomegranate, and kakadu plum, your skin will feel recharged and invigorated. Australian pink clay is the star of this show as it acts as a magnet for toxins, cleanses the skin, purifies, and tightens pores to clear congestion. Kelp and witch hazel are natural astringents which help refine pores and soothe irritation to speed up the skin repair process. Mangosteen and pomegranate are antioxidant rich fruits which help boost cellular turnover and brighten skin. Finally, kakadu plums are the world’s richest source of vitamin C and help even skin tone and break down dead skin cells. You can be confident you are using some of the best ingredients on your skin as this product contains no sulfates, silicones, parabens, phtalates, PEGs, or gluten. In addition, it is cruelty free and PETA approved. This mask is perfect for both men and women and can be used on any skin type.
To use this product, apply an eve layer to clean, dry skin using your fingertips or an applicator brush. Leave the mask on for 10 minutes or until it is completely dry. Remove it with warm water and pat your skin dry. It is recommended that you use this product 2 to 3 times a week if you have oily or combination skin and 1 to 2 times a week if you have dry or sensitive skin.
#7 Murad Pore Extractor Pomegranate Mask
- Clears clogged pores
- Balances uneven skin texture
- Ideal for oily skin
This pomegranate mask helps to exfoliate dead skin cells and draw out impurities for a deep clean that will help your skin feel fresh and new. It helps minimize the appearance of pores as it draws out impurities such as excess dirt, oil, and dead skin cells. When your pores get clogged with impurities, they appear larger and more noticeable. This mask will help refine your pores, allowing them to be noticeably smaller after just one use. Volcanic clay featured in this product acts like an impurity magnet and helps extract them from deep within your pores. Polylactic acid polishing beads help to gently lift dead skin cells from the surface for a smoother, more refined skin texture. This is the key ingredient in this product if you are looking to use it to treat acne scars. Finally, pomegranate extract promotes glowing and brighter skin. Due to the deep cleansing benefits of this face mask, it is important not to use it on sensitive skin as it can be easily irritated. This mask is instead best suited for oily or combination skin. This product is formulated without parabens, sulfates, phtalates, gluten, or animal-derived ingredients.
To use this product, apply a small amount to your fingertips and gently massage into your skin until a thin layer is achieved all over your face and neck. It is important to avoid the eye and mouth area while doing this, as this product has the potential to irritate them. Leave the product on for 10 to 15 minutes and finally rinse it off with warm water. Pat your skin dry and apply your favorite moisturizer and serum as a follow up for optimal results. It is recommended that you use this mask 2 to 3 times a week.