Having sensitive skin isn’t fun, especially when the cause of irritation is the clothes you put on. To help keep your clothes clean and your skin unharmed, here are the top three body wash for sensitive skin.
Purely Northwest Antifungal Tea Tree Oil Body Wash
- EXTRA STRENGTH FORMULA - Enriched with Powerful Essential Oils and Skin Nourishing Botanicals, Which Have Been Used For Centuries for Their Natural Antifungal and Antibacterial Properties - Our Tea Tree Oil Foot and Body Soap Has -NO Parabens - Petroleum - Silicone - Synthetic Fragrances or Dyes - Made in the USA - Not Tested on Animals - 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- STRONG DEFENSE - Helps Wash Fungi and Bacteria From the Skins Surface, and Defends Against Body Odor, Athletes Foot - Jock Itch - Nail Fungus - Tinea Versicolor - Ringworm - Armpit Odor - Itchy Scalp and Other Skin Irritations Commonly Found on the Hands, Feet, Back, Chest, Arms, Head, Butt and Groin Area
- SOOTHES ITCHY SKIN - Infused With Natural Skin Conditioning Aloe Vera, Atlantic Sea Kelp and Vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D and E. Blend of Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Oregano, Peppermint & other Oils to Help Soothe and leave the Skin Feeling Soft & Healthy
- BODY WASH FOR MEN AND WOMEN- Our Concentrated Liquid Formula is Gentle Enough to be Used Daily as a Foot & Body Soap or Shampoo for Both Men and Women. Helps Hydrate Leaving the Feet, Skin and Nails Feeling Clean and Refreshed. Use in the Shower or with your Favorite Foot Spa, Foot Bath or Foot Basin
- BEST TEA TREE OIL FOOT & BODY WASH - Is Ideal for Athletes - Gym Enthusiasts - Teens Who Plays Sports - and People who Engage in Physical Activity Which Attracts Unwanted Sweat, Dirt and Bacteria - Our Wash Can be Used In Conjunction with any topical treatment such as Athletes Foot Cream, Jock Itch Cream, Ringworm Cream, or any Other Antifungal Cream, Spray, Powder, or Treatment
The Antifungal Tea Tree Oil Body Wash from Purely Northwest is one of the top-rated products in its department. It features a powerful formula that is comprised of skin-nourishing botanicals and essential oils. This formula is extremely effective and has been used for years because of their antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Why is this considered one of the best body wash for sensitive skin? Well, there are absolutely no fragrances or dyes in its formula. In addition, it does not incorporate parabens, silicone, or petroleum. None of the components used in this product will cause irritation or redness to your skin.
This body wash is a great line of defense against body odor, nail fungus, jock itch, and athlete's foot. It can also help you get rid of skin irritation in the feet, hands, chest, arms, butt, back, and the groin area because it’s infused with ingredients such as Atlantic Sea Kelp, Aloe Vera, and a very wide range of vitamins.
The great thing about this body wash is that it can be used in conjunction with other means of topical treatment such as creams. You can also use it with sprays and powders without it losing its effectiveness. Overall, this is a high-quality body wash that will help you achieve healthy skin naturally.
BOTANIC HEARTH Tea Tree Body Wash
- Botanic Hearth Tea Tree Oil Soap is cruelty free and not tested on animals
- Botanic Hearth Maximum Strength Tea Tree Oil Soap / Body Wash: Foot and Body Wash is 100% pure and natural; with organic ingredients; paraben-free; no harmful chemicals; made in USA; Contains 5% tea tree oil
- Our soap is made using traditional European techniques from premium organic and natural botanicals rich in skin conditioning ingredients
- Powerful broad spectrum natural ingredients include 100% pure and natural tea tree essential oil. The formula has the maximum strength at a 5% concentration rate of Tea Tree Oil. The antifungal Foot and Body Wash helps wash away and defend against stubborn fungus, bacteria and yeast from the skin surface responsible for body odor, athletes foot, ringworm, jock itch, acne, toenail fungus, yeast, and other common foot and skin irritation
- SAFETY WARNING: For external use only. Rub a very small amount on the inside of your elbow area to test for any allergic reaction before use. Avoid contact with eyes, keep out of the reach of children. If pregnant, consult with your health care provider before use.
This is an all-natural body wash that’s comprised of organic ingredients and free of paraben or any other harmful chemicals. This wash’s formula is basically a mix of premium botanicals that are completely organic, along 5% of tea tree oil which we’ve already crowned as the ultimate natural anti-acne ingredient.
This body wash is also another great choice for those who are trying to get rid of bacteria and persistent fungus from their skin. The Botanic Health body wash is an ideal product for removing body odor, jock itch, ringworm, yeast, and our sworn enemy, acne.
Please note that if you suffer from any form of allergy, it’s strongly advised to rub a small amount of this body wash or any other body wash you buy on low-risk areas such as the elbows to test for allergic reactions before you go ahead and use it on the rest of your body.
Solimo Clarifying Pink Grapefruit Body Wash
- One 8.5-fluid ounce bottle of Solimo Clarifying Pink Grapefruit Body Wash with Salicylic Acid
- If you like Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash, we invite you to try Solimo Clarifying Body Wash
- Formulated with 2% salicylic acid acne treatment to help fight body breakouts and gelatin beads for gentle exfoliation
- Dermatologist tested. Not tested on animals. Polyethylene bead free
- Made in the U.S.A. with U.S. and foreign components.
If you’re looking for the best body wash for sensitive skin or a more affordable solution for acne-prone skin, the Solimo Clarifying Pink Grapefruit body wash is exactly what you’re looking for. Considered as one of the best body wash for sensitive skin, this body wash contains 2% salicylic acid that will help you fight acne breakouts. It also features gelatin beads that will help exfoliate your skin gently.
Don’t let the price fool you, this is a dermatologist-tested product that contains absolutely zero polyethylene beads. This body wash smells amazing and the fragrance doesn’t cause any sort of skin irritation. The great thing about this product is that it’s backed with a satisfaction-guarantee policy, which means that if you try it and find that it’s not effective or that it has negative effects on your skin such as allergy reactions, you can simply return it and get refunded right away.
Things to Consider Before Buying The Best Body Wash for Sensitive Skin
Type of Body Wash
Not all body wash products are created equal. It all really boils down to the ingredients used in the product. The type of body wash that you’ll get is also dependent on your skin type, so there isn’t really a one-type-fits-all solution that you can get.
Essentially, there are two types of body wash: natural and non-natural. There are also a bunch of different derivatives and subgenres that we’ll get into in a moment, but let’s first discuss the difference between natural and non-natural products.
Simply put, natural body washes don’t incorporate unnecessary components in their matrix. The ingredients used in these products are found in nature and are treated with other products found in nature as well. Natural body washes are great for most skins and are better than non-natural products in general.
For people who have sensitive skin or tend to suffer from eczema or acne, natural body washes are the way to go because there are little to no harsh chemicals being absorbed by your skin. A natural body wash will help you avoid itchiness, red skin, and blotchy.
As far as non-natural body washes, these products are designed for people with flawless skin. A non-natural body wash may not affect you as much if you have awesome skin, but for those who don’t share that luxury, these products can have some negative effects.
The thing about non-natural products is that they’re much cheaper than all-natural ones. There are also more non-natural products being manufactured than all-natural ones because of the inability of the manufacturers to make natural body washes cheaper.
So basically the bottom line is if you have super-human skin that isn’t affected by non-natural ingredients, which probably isn’t the case here since you’ve clicked on an article about anti-acne products, then you can go ahead and buy a non-natural product to save you some pretty penny.
There are three main types of body washes, which are:
- Gel Wash – These are great products for people who suffer from eczema. A gel wash will definitely help with your dry skin condition and won’t make it feel as if your skin is completely bare of moisture when you get out of the shower. While these products often feel thicker than others, you still have to use them in large quantities to get their full effect.
- Moisturizing Wash – While gel washes do a great job of handling dry skin, using a moisturizing wash is the best choice for dry skin that just doesn’t look hydrated even though it doesn’t flake. A moisturizing wash will help bring back vitality and elasticity to your skin so that you get rid of that tired look you have all the time.
- Exfoliating Wash – This is the ultimate solution for people who have acne-prone skin. These products can virtually be used anywhere on your body. These body washes help make your dry skin look healthier and get rid of your dead skin cells. If you suffer from acne or you have dry or cracked skin, this is your absolute best bet
Different Types of Skin
Unless you have a skin type that transcends us mere mortals, you’re probably dealing with one or more skin issues. Before heading out to buy a body wash, you need to know what your skin type is and how the body wash is going to affect it.
If you have skin issues, it’s probably one of three:
- Acne-Prone Skin – All of us who suffer from skin issues tend to have some form of acne, maybe on your upper back or on your face if you’re a teenager or in your mid-thirties. While you can probably get rid of acne using a skin-care product, it’s imperative to use an anti-acne body wash that doesn’t use ingredients that can make your acne condition even worse.
- Sensitive Skin – This is probably the most annoying skin condition out of them all as your skin is bothered by almost everything. If you have sensitive skin, you are well aware of how important it is to pick a body wash that’s compatible with your skin type. Generally, all-natural body washes are the ultimate solution for people with this skin type.
- Dry Skin – Having dry skin is arguably the most common skin issue that many of us tend to face. Essentially, dry skin doesn’t allow any skin-care products in, and so you’re looking for a body wash that opens your pores and allows your skin to receive moisture. You’ll also find body washes that can also offer that moisture for your skin in addition to opening up the pores.
Best Body Wash for Sensitive Skin – What to Look for?
Before heading out to buy a body wash for your acne-prone skin, there are a number of factors that you need to take into your consideration to get the best bang for your buck.
In all skin-care products, not just your body wash, you should look for active ingredients that are known to treat and fighting acne. Ideally, an anti-acne body wash should contain one or more of the following ingredients.
- Benzoyl Peroxide – This is one of the most well-known active ingredients known for fighting off acne. Benzoyl Peroxide has the ability to kill acne-causing bacteria and it can remove the oils and dead skin cells as well. It’s usually found in lower percentages that range from 2.5-10% in anti-acne body washes.
- Salicylic Acid – While not the most effective, it’s definitely the most well-known. This is a beta-hydroxy acid with properties that can reduce inflammation. Look for a body wash that features around 2% salicylic acid.
- Alpha-Hydroxy Acids – These acids are considered the top of the line when it comes to getting rid of dead skin that can be the reason behind a breakout. The great thing about alpha-hydroxy acids is that they’re safe for use on any part of the body. Such acids include lactic acid and glycolic acid.
- Tea Tree Oil – This is by far the best natural anti-acne ingredient. Not to state the obvious, but tea tree oil is extracted from the leaves of tea trees. Tea tree oil can also be used to treat lice, scabies, fungal infections, and dandruff. This is a highly recommended ingredient to look for.
Sulfur – It isn't known yet by dermatologists why sulfur is effective against acne. The strong smell of sulfur may deter a lot of people, that’s why it’s very rare to find body washes that incorporate sulfur as an active ingredient.
Fragrances can easily irritate sensitive skin, so it’s advised to stay away from products that have any added fragrances. We’re not only talking about synthetic fragrances here, but natural ones are also out of the picture.
Additionally, you don’t have to go for over-foaming body washes as they don’t really serve any real purpose. And you should also steer away from body washes that include ingredients such as silicones and parabens.
Type of Skin
We all have different skins, which means that not all acne body washes are good for everyone. You have to pay attention to the skin type that’s recommended in the product’s details before you buy it.
If you have sensitive skin, then products that feature 10% benzoyl aren’t for you as they’re pretty harsh on the skin. If you’re unsure about your skin type, then you should for a body wash that features organic ingredients as they’re safe for almost all skin types.
It’s also important to know that body washes are designed for certain areas of your body, so you can’t really use a body wash that’s designed for the back on your face. Anti-acne products aren’t interchangeable.
Body Wash Size
Why would you pay good money for a certain product when there’s another product of the same effect and price but larger in size, right? Wrong! We understand that you want to get the most for your money, but it’s smart to start small and not over-commit until you find out whether this wash is appropriate for your skin or not.
If you’re taking some sort of medication for your acne, it’s advised not to use an acne wash as the combination of both can be too much for the skin to handle. It may even dry the skin out.
If you’re looking for an anti-acne body wash that can also moisturize your skin, then make sure that you buy a body wash that features non-comedogenic ingredients such as oils. Apart from that, you run the risk of clogging up your pores.
If you have other skin conditions alongside the acne such as rosacea or eczema, then you may want to go for a body wash that can treat acne, along with other skin conditions.