As we age, while we may remain young at heart, our skin begins showing tell-tale signs of wear from time, gravity and our environment. The market for skin care products has advanced tremendously in the last 20 years and has created a chance for us to reverse and erase some of these “age tells”. Like the best body lotion for crepey skin that we review in this article.
Crepey skin has a specific root cause that can be reversed to a degree. As we age our body stops producing collagen and elastin, the two proteins that give our skin the young and resilient feel in our youth. This causes wrinkles, saggy skin and you guessed it “crepiness” in our skin.
The skin creams and lotions that help with crepey skin will work by first and foremost moisturizing the area, helping the body get the nutrients it needs to build collagen and elastin as well as trigger the repair mechanisms in the skin and help restore the skin’s internal support structure that slowly degrades over time.
Let’s look at the top crepey skin lotions and creams available on the market right now and see how well they live up to the claims.
Best Body Lotion for Crepey Skin: Our Top 7 Choices
Below are our top 10 choices, followed by an in-depth look and how to fix crepey skin and what we look for in crepey skin body lotions when determining the best ones.
#1 TreeActiv Crepey Skin Body Lotion
- COLLAGEN CREAM & MOISTURIZER FOR CREPEY SKIN: Got skin that’s crinkled up like crepe paper? Our crepey skin treatment is formulated specifically for aging skin. This nourishing moisturizer improves skin elasticity, diminishes wrinkles, and boosts collagen production. It works into the deeper layers of your skin to bring intensive anti-aging care. Works great for the face, neck, chest, legs, and arms.
- WRINKLE CREAM THAT FEEDS YOUR SKIN: Applying balanced concentrations of richly nourishing ingredients will transform your skin. Our crepe skin treatment uses only active ingredients proven to boost moisture, health and beauty. Enjoy the regenerative and healing power of hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, antioxidants, essential fatty acids and alpha hydroxy fruit acids.
- AGE OLD ANTI-AGING TREATMENT: Alpha hydroxy acids or AHAs have been used for hundreds of years in skin rejuvenation therapies. Their magic lies in their ability to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, soften fine lines, improve texture and reveal a fresh glow. Apply daily to reverse the signs of aging and undo years of damage.
This has been on of the reigning champion for crepey skin lotions for a long time and with good reason. Like we mention in this article, the two biggest factors that help improve crepey skin are:
A) moisturizer that helps target the dry skin as on the body, well as
B) collagen building cream that is made specifically for aging, mature skin.
This is exactly what this cream does, being a 2-in-1 powerful body moisturizer as well as boosting collagen production in the skin. This is the best body lotion for crepey skin on arms and legs because of it’s generous size, sitting at 8oz it’s almost double what most other lotions and creams provide (most common size in this price range is 4oz).
The Full Ingredients List:
Alpha Hydroxy Fruit Acids, Honey, Hyaluronic Acid, Shea Oil, Castor Oil, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Aloe Oil, Sacha Inchi Nut Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Apricot Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil
This lotion uses Hyaluronic Acid which is a big player in your body’s production of collagen. Besides Hyaluronic Acid, it contains Shea Oil, Castor Oil, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and Aloe Oil, all of which are great staples in creams and lotions targeting crepey skin. Most products on the market will use one or two of the above mentioned ingredients (most often Shea and Coconut) and promote them as being the solution. This is one of the few creams on the market that contains such a well-rounded list of ingredient without any “filler”. This Crepey Skin Lotion gets and A+ on containing powerful, natural ingredients and not “filler” as many other brands.
Summary: currently the reining king of crepey skin lotions because of the powerhouse ingredients, generous size and overwhelmingly positive reviews.
#2 Medix 5.5 Retinol Cream with Ferulic Acid Crepey Body Lotion
- Medix 5.5 Retinol Cream is the perfect combination of anti-aging ingredients with natural antioxidants. Vitamin A (Retinol) is the number 1 recommend anti-aging ingredient and helps decrease the look of wrinkles and fine lines. Natural Ferulic Acid is a powerful antioxidant that targets sun damaged skin. This anti-aging cream will rapidly transform your skin and bring back your youthful glow.
- Medix 5.5 retinol cream moisturizer will leave your skin feeling smooth and hydrated. Retinol the anti-aging super ingredient can help diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots while improving skin tone and elasticity. This supersize 15oz cream can be used to improve your skin appearance on your face, around your eye, neck, dcollet, hand and body.
- Nourish and moisturize your skin with the help from Chamomile and Botanimoist AMS, which is known to increase your skins hydration by almost 88%. Made with Black Tea, Aloe Vera, and Chamomile known to improve the overall health and appearance of your skin.
Medix 5.5 Retinol Cream is a powerful fighter of both sagging skin and crepey skin (which are often caused by the same conditions). The cream is a powerful conditioner and contains Retinol which diminishes the appearance of line, wrinkles, darks spots and improves elasticity and skin tone.
The cream comes in a hefty 15oz bottle and is one of the cheaper alternatives on the market right now.
Full Ingredients List:
Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ceteareth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Retinol, Ferulic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Phosphate, Polyglyceryl-2 Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide
Medix brings Aloe and Shea Butter just like our first two choices, as well as the power of Retinol as well as a host of plant extracts
It’s a great list, but we can’t help but wonder why more powerful ingredients weren’t included in the list. This product gets a solid B+ in ingredients and composition.
Customer praise it’s non-greasy formula and it’s ability to quickly be absorbed and moisten the skin.
The company’s mission is to create great products for people with sensitive skin, hence the “5.5” in the name, it’s the ideal pH environment for your skin.
Summary: Good ingredients, big bottle and sensitive skin formulation makes this a solid buy especially if you have a lot of crepey surface area to cover (arms, legs, etc)
#3 Gold Bond Ultimate Strength & Resilience Skin Therapy Body Lotion
- STENGTH & RESILIENCE: Specially formulated for aging & mature skin, this lotion features a blend of 7 plumping moisturizers & 3 vitamins plus vital proteins & lipids to help replenish moisture.
- LONG LASTING MOISTURIZATION: This lotion offers 24-hour moisturization. It's dermatologist tested, hypoallergenic & non-comedogenic. Our quick-absorbing formula is non-greasy with fresh clean scent.
- ULTIMATE FORMULA: Our Ultimate line offers a variety of specialized lotions & creams specifically formulated for your skin care needs, with 7 moisturizers & 3 vitamins plus special ingredients.
We’ve received a fair amount of emails asking if gold bond body lotion for crepey skin is an effective treatment. Crepey Skin can seem like a unfixable skin issue, so any cream that can get rid of this condition seems like a Godsend.
Before I go on, let me answer the question of “does it work to reduce crepey skin”?
The answer appears to be a resounding “YES”.
There are hundreds of testimonials of people trying to correct their crepey skin with Gold Bond and the results are spectacular. Unfortunately many people have tried multiple “crepey skin” creams before finding one that works for them, you can see this in the review of the cream, make state that they have tried 2 or 3 brands before finding Gold Bond lotion which ended up working for them.
So the question is why does it work?
At it’s low price point the Gold Bond lotions packs quite a punch. It packs in seven moisturizers, ceramides and a several antioxidants. There are palmitoyl oligopeptide, ubiquinone (aka CoQ10) and rice proteins.
Niacinamide, as well as vitamins A, C and E complete this powerhouse lotion, overall making it a strong contender, especially at it’s price point.
If you are looking for a value-packed buy, that has worked for many, many people, this one should be on your list.
Well, let’s take a look at the ingredients:
Water, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Jojoba Esters, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Stearate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methyl Gluceth-20, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Shea Butter Extract – Butyrospermum Parkii, Ubiquinone, Ceramide 2, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Niacinamide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Polysorbate 60, Stearamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Steareth-21, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, EDTA, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tribehenin, Potassium Hydroxide
There are a few ingredients that have fallen out of favor due to their potential adverse health effects, namely parabens, diazolidynyl urea and petrolatum a petrol chemical.
Many countries do not allow some of these ingredients in their skin care products, but no such laws exist in the US.
#4 Adamia Therapeutic Repair Lotion
- Contains one 16 ounce bottle
- WINNER Women's Choice Award for Therapeutic Lotions
- Adamia Therapeutic Repair Lotion features our exclusive blend of promega-7 including pure macadamia oil, rich in omega-7, and the most soothing and effective moisturizers science has to offer
Adamia Therapeutic Repair lotion is a 16 oz pump bottle that works for many skin issues beyond just helping Crepey Skin. It won the Women’s Choice Award for Therapeutic Lotions, and it has been hailed as the best over the counter lotion for crepey skin.
Ingredients are tested by dermatologists and the products has been tested extensively by people with sensitive skin (a lot of conditions that this product alleviates often happens with sensitive skin, so extra care is taken to make sure this product doesn’t aggravate sensitive skin).
- Great for sensitive skin and people with other skin conditions
- Non-allergenic and GMO free
- Women’s Choice Award for Therapeutic Lotions
- Not a “crepey skin” specific product, more of a general therapeutic.
- There are better products specifically for crepey skin.
#5 Crepe Erase – Intensive Body Repair Treatment
- REPLENISHES AND NOURISHES SKIN – Contains special ingredients like Shea Butter, rich in Omega-6, Omega-9 and Vitamin E, to replenish and nourish your skin.
- EXCLUSIVE TruFirm COMPLEX – Designed to help promote healthy collagen and elastin and improve the look of aging skin.
- INTENSE MOISTURIZER – Helps to fight the effects of all seasons, especially the dry winter, by providing concentrated moisture.
This is the big one that a lot of people talk about, mostly due to the large amounts of TV air time they buy. This has been endorsed by celebrities and TV personalities and while there are a large number or people who swear by this cream, people question the price point of this cream, which is generally 3-4 times more than all others on the market.
If price is no object, Crepe Erase is a solid choice to try out for your daily regiment.
- Specifically made to fight Crepe-like skin
- Helps with hands, neck and legs
- Improves thinning skin on hands
- Great moisturizer ingredients – coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, olive oil, beeswax, cassava, and vitamin E
- Visibly smooths, firms and tightens
- The price point is many times higher than other similar creams on the market
#6 Crepey Skin Formula by Third Day Beauty
This is an up and comer in the word of Amazon, but Third Day Beauty is a brand that has been around for close to a decade. The brand was recently added to Amazon and still has less reviews than the competition, but it’s track record speaks for itself.
Third Day Beauty is a US owned, Christian, family owned business in San Diego that focuses on creating skin care products specifically targeted for mature skin. While they are not as big as their corporate competition, they have a big fan base of older men and women who swear by their products.
Deionized Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Organic Shea Butter, Aloe Gel, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Ribose, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Hydrogenated Ethyl Hexyl Olivate, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Acrylates/C 10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate
This product contains organic shea butter, aloe gel, olive oil for moisturization and crepey skin repair. The product also contains Niacinamide (Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3, an essential nutrient that supports many cellular processes) as well as plant extracts and other premium ingredients. This products gets an A+ for ingredients as it contains proven ingredients, organic where possible and in the right proportions and effective amounts.
- Works to smooth the surface of the skin, correcting skin’s ‘crepe-like’ appearance.
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the skin.
- Provides deep hydration to naturally help skin restore it’s youthful elasticity and moisture barrier.
- Reduces thinning to restore the skins youthful appearance.
This product is tied with our #1 choice, the reason it’s in the second spot is it’s a new comer and still hasn’t acquired as many reviews as the #1 choice. Next year we may have to bump up this product to the number #1 spot as it has time to prove itself in the market place.
Summary: a very popular product that was recently introduced to Amazon and formulated specifically for people 50+ who are struggling with Crepey Skin. This may be our #1 choice in the years to come.
#7 Advanced Clinicals Retinol Cream and Collagen Cream Crepey Skin Body Lotion
- Best-selling skin care products are now available in a value set! Anti-aging moisturizer with retinol will help decrease the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, crows feet, dark circles, puffiness. Collagen lotion tightens and firms skin and is great for sagging skin on your neck, face, hands, and decollete.
- For salon professionals, this large 16oz retinol cream and collagen cream come with convenient to use pump helps avoid contamination. Powerful anti-aging moisturizers will help reduce appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, blemishes, and blotchiness and help promote even skin tone.
- For all skin types, and great for dry skin. Retinol cream is a great night cream. Specially designed for you to be able to get the most out of the number 1 rated anti-aging ingredient, vitamin A (retinol) without the drawbacks of dryness or irritation that is typically associated with the use of Retinol.
This Made in Chicago cream is a promising up and comer that is getting a lot of traction in this space.
The thing that makes it unique is that it’s a 2 in 1 cream that uses both Collagen and Retinol treatments for a combined effect. Designed for salon professionals, it’s a large 16oz retinol cream and then same size collagen cream that come in pump bottles.
Choosing the Best Body Lotion for Crepey Skin
As mentioned before we look at a few factors when considering which lotions are the best for treating crepey skin. The lotions must be hydrating (a big part of crepey skin is the lack of moisture in the skin) as well as help the skin naturally produce collage and elastic the two big proteins that help skin keep it’s support structure.
We look at which ingredients are used in products and also, importantly, that the correct amounts are used. Sometimes with premium ingredients, some companies choose to add small amounts of an ingredient to the product so that they can claim that their product contains this valuable ingredient, however the amount is so small, that it’s unlikely to make any difference to your skin. We make sure that the products contained here use the practice of adding the “effective dose” of each of the key ingredients.
In summary, the best body lotion for crepey skin has an excellent chance to reducing the appearance of thin, crepe like skin on your arms, legs, face and neck. Before trying extreme solutions like lasers and surgery it makes sense to try some at-home topical solutions.