Having a beard has become more popular in recent years. Proper care and maintenance is important. Two options for beard care are beard wax vs oil.
How To Choose The Right One: Beard Wax vs Oil
Let's take a look at both options in more depth, so you can choose what's best for you.
What is Beard Wax?
Beard wax is used to style and shape beards. It can help beards look well-kempt and stay in place all day. Beard waxes contain relatively simple ingredients, such as: beeswax, shea butter, coconut oil, and oils for fragrance.
There are various things to consider before picking your perfect wax, including:
- Hair texture
- Hair style
- Holding strength
- Beard length
Wax can be used on any length of beard, but as your beard gets longer, it is more advisable to use it. The wax will help keep the beard hair moisturized and protected from the elements.
The coarser the hair, the more likely it will be to need some help to stay looking put-together. You might consider a wax with higher hold strength.
If you are a person who participates in beard competitions or enjoys a very structured-looking facial hair style, you might also choose higher hold, rather than the minimum.
How To Use Beard Wax
These are the steps to proper beard wax use:
- Start with a clean,dry beard
- Comb through it well with a beard comb
- Put a small amount of the wax on your palms
- Warm it up, apply it to the sides of the beard first
- Move to the front of the beard, combing it and setting with wax
- Gently dab off any excess wax
What is Beard Oil?
Beard oil is used to improve the condition of the beard. It's made up of a carrier oil, such as almond,jojoba,vitamin E, castor oil, or grape seed oil. Added to the base, or carrier oils, are essential oils such as pine, eucalyptus, and tea tree oil. Beard oils do have unscented versions for sensitive skin or to provide the option of still wearing your favorite cologne for scent.
Benefits Of Beard Oil
Beard oil can be a great addition to your facial grooming repertoire. It's got numerous positive effects, such as:
- Moisturizing skin
- Helping your beard to grow
- Improving texture and health of the beard hair
- Reducing beard itching
How To Use Beard Oil
Here are steps to proper beard oil application:
- Wash your face/shower so pores are open
- Dry your face/beard slightly to remove excess water
- Put a few drops of oil in your palms
- Rub the oil into the skin first, then work out to the beard
- Make sure you get the ends of the beard because they are often the driest
Beard Wax vs Oil
When it comes to beard wax vs oil, maybe you can have your cake and eat it ,too. Both products can work together to improve your beard's health and overall appearance. If you are looking for ways to let your beard make an impression, these products will help.