There’s no need for a reason to love. To enhance romantic quality time with your loved one, aphrodisiac essential oils can boost the mood.
What is an Aphrodisiac?
To put it simply, an aphrodisiac increases desire. Aphrodisiacs can come in many different forms including spices, herbs and plants. Some aprhodisiacs that include muscle relaxing properties can have physiological effects. This can affect hormone levels and blood flow.
6 Aphrodisiac Essential Oils
Aphrodisiac essential oils can help alter one’s state of arousal. For those who are stressed out, physically tense, malnourished or emotionally drained, these types of oils can help.
#1 Ylang Ylang Oil
This is a powerful aphrodisiac that has been known for its sedative nature combined with increased libido. This particular oil works well with both men and women who want to create a deep connection with not only each other, but themselves as well.
Editor’s Pick for Ylang Ylang Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Ylang Ylang Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Ylang Ylang essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Ylang Ylang oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Ylang Ylang products.
#2 Rose Oil
Rose oil is a popular, floral scent that is used for its calm, but uplifting qualities. This oil has been known to help ease depression and anxiety. It is easy to fall into a rigid pattern of thinking overtime, but rose oil can help relax and loosen the mind for a deeply relaxing experience.
Editor’s Pick for Rose Essential Oil:
- Pure & Natural Rose Essential Oil - Our Rose oil is therapeutic grade, completely natural, and undiluted!
- Incredibly Soothing Aroma - Add a few drops to your diffuser, shower, or bath for an incredible aromatherapy experience
- Harvested From The Most Trusted Growers - Essence Lux is constantly searching for and partnering with the most trusted growers worldwide. By going straight to the source, we're able to ensure the highest quality at the best price possible
#3 Carpolobia Oil
This essential oil was once used by men in Africa who would chew the root to get to its oil. This oil both calms and awakens the mind and body. By becoming more aware of the senses, those who use this oil are more in tune with their surroundings.
#4 Clary Sage Oil
Using stimulating properties, this oil is emotionally uplifting and classically feminine. For passion and sexual energy, this essential scent works best for women who may have trouble increasing their libido.
Editor’s Pick for Clary Sage Essential Oil:
- Highest Quality Pure & Natural Clary Sage Essential Oil - Our Clary Sage Oil is 100% pure, undiluted, all-natural, and therapeutic grade. Every drop of this Clary Sage essential oil is steam-extracted right from the source without any additives or harmful chemicals.
- Gc-ms Tested for Purity & Dilution - Every batch of our clary sage essential oil is tested using a a type of testing called "gcms". This ensures the essential oil's authenticity and purity. These test results are publicly available on the manufacturers website.
- Bottled in a 10ml Glass Bottle with Built-In Eyedropper - All of our essential oils are bottled in an amber glass bottle right here in the USA. It also has a built in Euro style eyedropper for easy pouring and application.
#5 Neroli Oil
Neroli oil is a wonderful tool for boosting and encouraging mental health. It has been known to help issues surrounding intimacy and frigidity. Its warm and soft scent will not overpower, but rather works as at aiding love and closeness in the background.
Editor’s Pick for Neroli Essential Oil:
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Neroli Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Neroli essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Neroli oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Neroli products.
#6 Jasmine Oil
The stimulating effects of Jasmine oil have been known for years. By arousing the autonomic nervous system, many people feel they can concentrate better and think clearer. Some people even experience an increase in blood oxygen saturation. Massaging the oil in a circular motion over the abdomen is recommended for this particular oil.
Editor’s Pick for Jasmine Essential Oil:
- INGREDIENTS: 100% pure organic undiluted Jasmine (Arabian JASMINUM OFFICINALE) Essential Oil.
- TOP-QUALITY: CO2 Extraction from the petals of the fresh Eastern Jasmine to produce a high-quality 100% Pure essential oil with absolutely no additives or fillers.
- STRONG EFFECT: Jasmine has a warm, exotic, floral fragrance that relaxes, soothes, uplifts, and enhances self-confidence. Jasmine is beneficial for the skin. It has been used throughout history for romance and attraction and for balancing the feminine energy of the body, Relieves menstrual problems and labor pain.
What Can I Add to Aphrodisiac Essential Oils?
To help enhance certain aphrodisiacs, other herbs can be used in conjunction with the oil. Using a small amount of spearmint can round out the senses. Since it is not as strong as peppermint, those who have a strong sense of smell will not be overpowered by its intensity. Scotch Pine can also be added to an earthy oil blend to balance out the scent. Patchouli is often favored by men and can have a rich smell to it. It’s best to use these additions sparingly.
How Can I Use Aphrodisiac Oils?
There are a few different ways to use essential oils. Depending on the situation and the outcome, you may want a stronger aroma or one with a minimal scent. Diffusers are a great way to add the scent of herbs to a room. By using heat and/or possibly water, the smell is then dispersed into the air. Droplets of oil can be used on a scarf or cotton ball that can be sniffed. Essential massage oils can also be used to sooth herbs directly against the skin for absorption.
Aphrodisiac essential oils can greatly help in aiding our desires. There are many reasons for a decreased libido, but taking time to understand and pay attention to yourself and others is key. Using the essential aphrodisiac oils can help restore a calm awakening that can increase intimacy and closeness with yourself and others.